St. Mirren vs. Livi

With Morais I think it's a mix between confidence and finding the right role for him. With McAllister I think it's a case of match fitness.

My "concern", if you could call it that, is I'm not sure either player will become a match winner - I can see other players throughout the team being one. I trust Goodwin to know when to given them enough rope and when to reign them in, though.

23 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Folk writing McAllister and Morias off after one game ffs, have I signed in to the Black & White Army. 

Aye we need another couple of signings up front but ffs give the guys more than one game to prove what they can do. 

No, because none of them could actually watch the stream apparently.

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

No, because none of them could actually watch the stream apparently.

Fucking Luddites. I got in at 2.35. Signed up, logged in, paid, and watched. It was very simple.

Pic quality wasn't great, but I switched to a wired connection in the second half and that helped a bit. Obviously flaws look much worse on a big screen. Might watch future games on my laptop.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Fucking Luddites. I got in at 2.35. Signed up, logged in, paid, and watched. It was very simple.

Pic quality wasn't great, but I switched to a wired connection in the second half and that helped a bit. Obviously flaws look much worse on a big screen. Might watch future games on my laptop.

I logged on and paid at 3.05, thinking I was going to need to watch it on my phone but was pleasantly surprised to see it allowed you to screen mirror (that might be the wrong term), onto my TV. Picture quality was absolutely perfect, only issue was the commentary volume was off for the first 20 minutes or so. 

Anyone catch who the co commentator was, I never managed to catch his name? Irish accent and the only person I could think was Van Zanten but pretty sure it wasn’t him. 

23 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

Morias misplaced a couple of passes when he came on but helped us hugely in seeing the game out. He's also very good at getting himself into goalscoring opportiunities, obviously we prefer Obika based on our style of play but Morias is still a very good player for us.

That’s the criticism though. He’s good at getting into goalscoring positions but he cannot seem to put the ball away. A team like ours needs better in that position. We cannot carry a goalless striker. I’m confident that he’ll be third/fourth choice with limited game time once we sign another striker(s). He’s had plenty time to show ability and he hasn’t.

I’m apparently one of the luddites. Was logged on ok. Saints made a mess of the kick off / taking a knee and then the stream froze. 

Attempts to log on via iPhone, Samsung and Chrome all failed for the next half hour or so. 

Got back on just before HT, the sound was a mess, same commentary twice but separated by about 5 seconds. 

A wee while before the next game that will be streamed so still time to sort but certainly room for improvement. 

5 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I logged on and paid at 3.05, thinking I was going to need to watch it on my phone but was pleasantly surprised to see it allowed you to screen mirror (that might be the wrong term), onto my TV. Picture quality was absolutely perfect, only issue was the commentary volume was off for the first 20 minutes or so. 

Anyone catch who the co commentator was, I never managed to catch his name? Irish accent and the only person I could think was Van Zanten but pretty sure it wasn’t him. 

It was DVZ.

11 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Folk writing McAllister and Morias off after one game ffs, have I signed in to the Black & White Army. 

Aye we need another couple of signings up front but ffs give the guys more than one game to prove what they can do. 

Vince I agree it's only one game in and the team in general will improve .  I cant remember one stand out performance last season from Kyle. McPherson is a standout that boy will move on to bigger things. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

14 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I have my Firestick hard wired to my router and despite that the sound in the first half was terrible. Someone mentioned they were working on server issues and come the second half it was perfect and the picture was vastly improved. Maybe it's more device or wifi issues with some viewers that's the problem.

14 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I have my Firestick hard wired to my router and despite that the sound in the first half was terrible. Someone mentioned they were working on server issues and come the second half it was perfect and the picture was vastly improved. Maybe it's more device or wifi issues with some viewers that's the problem.

How dare you suggest that.

It's all the club's fault.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

Exact same for me and I had my laptop plugged into my telly with with an HDMI cable.

Did I no go and forget my pw for St Mirren ppv site when I went to login on my telly's internet, lucky I set it up on my laptop the night before and saved it there, so lwas able to login automatically. Tried clicking the forgot your pw button to set up a new one but didn't work, and by then I was starting to panic I would miss the game, so just plugged it in from my laptop. 

Wish now I hadn't bothered.🙄

Only problem I had was I couldn't switch the commentary to the away one, when I tried it refreshed and was a white screen, and I had to click on the second option thing to get the game to come on, but it reset to the home commentary, wasn't too bad though, just the Irish fella was a bit repetitive saying all the St Mirren players were BRILLIANT,  as if it was the only adjective he knew.:lol:

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

McCrorie   3/10   Should have saved the goal,nothing else to do

Fitzwater  4/10   Never seen, no influence either way

Guthrie    4/10   Poor game,lost Tait for goal ?

Taylor-Sinclair 4/10   Never seen,no influence either way

Devlin    2/10  Don't see a player in this guy,reluctant to get down the wing,poor defending,and passing.

Bartley   7/10  Solid player, looks for the ball,good drive forward albeit from defensive midfield.

Sibbald   1/10  The 1 point is for the shot that hit post,slow,ball shy,no drive,disappears especially in a position that's vital.

Ambrose   7/10  Again Solid display,always trying to get into the game,let down by those around him.

Pittman   1/10  Poor last year,this game he was invisible,disappears when needed,very poor,to easily knocked of the ball

Forrest   2/10  Had a good shot at goal,otherwise anonymous

Dykes     3/10    Plenty energy,could run all day,terrible support from midfield.Was he guarding tait at goal ?.Could struggle for goals with this poor midfield

Robinson  5/10    Did ok not on long enough to make an impact

Kouider-Aissa  2/10    30 minutes  to shine, was never seen except for the free kick from a great position he fired into the wall.

Souda 2/10    Way too late to make any influence

The set up that I was watching 5-2-1-2 ?

Holt.....    Poor Tactics playing 3 central defenders against a team playing 1  
forward,no punch in midfield,no creativity ,far to many players ball shy..Pittman,Sibbald,Forrest,Devlin and any of the 3 central defenders could have been hooked .
The second half, The St Mirren defence won everything, and looked very impressive