St. Mirren vs. Livi

Take the three points a wee bit frustrating at times.  Said to myself McAllister should be subbed well before it happened. Back four look solid. Morias should have buried his chance. Brilliant goal from Tait with the back four looking solid. It's the first game Saints will get better with more games. Livingston impressed me they will have another decent season. Oot the back for a BBQ now and a few beers. Everyone enjoy your night. 

Pleased with our new look defence. An experienced bunch playing together for the first time (competitively anyway), and they did look the part ! Keeper did very well too.

I had hoped that Kyle McAllister would have rediscovered some confidence during lockdown, but he still appears uncomfortable and panicky on the ball.  

Most important thing from today was those 3 points ahead of upcoming games against the ugly sisters.

Keeper and back four excellent.  Midfield slow to get started but certainly improved as the game went on with Foley having an excellent game considering he has just had a hernia operation. For me Kyle McAllister is still too lightweight to be effective and Morais still making the same mistakes from last season. However excellent 3 points to get things started but we really need at least one more striker in place.

Make no mistake, livi are one of the better sides in this league. At the end of it all, we'll be using this as a bar against where we currently are. 

We will face far weaker opposition than Livingston this season. Brilliant three points. 

Few chances for either team, St Mirren stuck theirs away really well, we hit the post and had some blocked, and Forrest getting in behind them put a great ball across the box, but on the whole it was bloody frustrating watching it from a Livi perspective. Most clear cut chance of the game came to St Mirren when the ball dropped for Morias right in front of goal, glad he missed it as 2-0 would've been underserved. Amounts to the same thing though, we just couldn't get a break through goal.

Disappointing set pieces and 'long throws', St Mirren defended them with ease, and they're usually our strengths, really need Brown on for the throw ins but he wasn't on the bench so presumably he's not well or injured. Would've had Souda on a lot earlier to take our corners, by the time we brought him on we had no more corner kicks, and we were dominating possession in their half from those areas. 

Typical away result from us carrying on from last season,  prob deserved a draw but once St Mirren got in front they defended their lead well so can't really argue with the result, we weren't anywhere good enough to get the equaliser. Downer of an opening game not getting anything, heyho, away to go a walk with the dog to lift my spirits. Fucking football, great when you win, shite when you lose, well done St Mirren.:yucky:lol:

Make no mistake, livi are one of the better sides in this league. At the end of it all, we'll be using this as a bar against where we currently are. 
We will face far weaker opposition than Livingston this season. Brilliant three points. 

Yeah agree with this. Livi finished 5th last season and I suspect they will be there or thereabouts this season.

Optimistically i felt like we were looking at 2 fairly evenly matched teams that won’t be troubled by relegation this year. Mid table obscurity of 5th -8th for both of us, I think (hope).

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
13 minutes ago, elvis said:
Been getting lessons of off Sibald.

That'll be the same sibbald who had to go off injured after being clattered in the air?

You must've had your specs on upside down. Sibbald clattered into Durmus. I couldn't believe we never got a free kick there. 

Thought Saints edged it, our back 4 and keeper looked really good, Foley was brilliant too. Good 3 points. 

8 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

You must've had your specs on upside down. Sibbald clattered into Durmus. I couldn't believe we never got a free kick there. 

Ack that’s never a free kick to either side. Both looking at the ball and no intention. Just one of those unlucky collisions. 

1 minute ago, Spam_Valley said:

Ack that’s never a free kick to either side. Both looking at the ball and no intention. Just one of those unlucky collisions. 

Yep officials called it right, two players looking at the ball and just a collision. Sibbald came off worse as he was in the air going forward. 

11 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

From my viewing, Sibbald got up well to win the ball and his momentum took him over Durmus who was nowhere near winning the header. Really dangerous fall on his spine/back and I was stunned that the referee initially played on after it.

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

From my viewing, Sibbald got up well to win the ball and his momentum took him over Durmus who was nowhere near winning the header. Really dangerous fall on his spine/back and I was stunned that the referee initially played on after it.

Not to dwell on a fairly small moment of the game (not for Sibbald admittedly) but I don't think the the fact that he's going for the ball is relevant, he leaped at speed and clattered right through Durmus before getting anywhere near the ball. The ref gave several softer ones for fouls on Obika. 

It was unintentional and I agree the ref should've stopped play as he took a sore one, but it's still a foul. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Should have been more goals in the game but I think we played Dykes really well today. When he is dropping back to the half way line to get involved you know you are doing something right.

Said the same to my friend while watching the game, quietest game I’ve ever seen Dykes have. He’s an absolute nuisance and usually very good at bringing high balls down and making chances out of nothing, but he never got much of a sniff which is testament to the St. Mirren defence. As you said he spent more time out wide or dropping back to get the ball from midfield than occupying the Saints centre halves where he’s at his most dangerous imo.