St. Mirren vs. Livi

46 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

What I'd go with. Despite Jim's noises about being more attacking, I think we'll still want three in the middle against Livi.

Selection problem if Foley is fit (apparently he's very close). Personally I wouldn't risk him so soon after an op.

Screenshot_20200731-224254.png

I think that'll be it, unless Foley is fit and starts ahead of Sheron. I think the other decision will be which 2/3 from McAllister, McGrath and Morais, and I think you've picked the correct 2.

Defence and midfeild look reasonably solid, but it's not exactly a team that screams "goals".

7 hours ago, crispy said:

I’m curious as to how you would resolve it. For context, our adult season tickets (virtual+attendance incl.) are £300/325 so £15.80/£17.10 per game. Would you have season ticket cheaper (than in previous years) or pro rata for games attended? Or PAYG cheaper than season ticket price? I suppose the pro rata once games attended would give the opportunity to set lower PPV without doing season ticket holders out of money. Among the justifications the club put forward they said they expect families or groups of friends to just purchase one PPV ticket - I can see this happening so I understand the decision.

AYE BUT ITS TWENTY POONDS KEN

AYE BUT ITS TWENTY POONDS KEN
We are charging £12.50, that undercuts our season ticket holders but we (and others) have still made it available for a reasonable price.

At least Livi have made a stream available, Hibs have taken the protection of their ST holders a bit too far.

I’m curious as to how you would resolve it. For context, our adult season tickets (virtual+attendance incl.) are £300/325 so £15.80/£17.10 per game. Would you have season ticket cheaper (than in previous years) or pro rata for games attended? Or PAYG cheaper than season ticket price? I suppose the pro rata once games attended would give the opportunity to set lower PPV without doing season ticket holders out of money. Among the justifications the club put forward they said they expect families or groups of friends to just purchase one PPV ticket - I can see this happening so I understand the decision.
Also surely encouraging groups of friends gathering to view it goes against the whole point of not being allowed to sit together in a stadium anyway?

29 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
8 hours ago, crispy said:

Also surely encouraging groups of friends gathering to view it goes against the whole point of not being allowed to sit together in a stadium anyway?

Livi aren’t encouraging it, they are predicting it will happen. Generally speaking I think the football is horrendously overpriced. At least I won’t be forking out to Scotrail for a couple months.

Buzzing for the game. I like our squad this season but, as our game is based on being ‘in your face’, I’m unsure if we’re sharp enough to impress ourselves on the game. Durmus is the standout for me. Expecting a tight game and as above I’d take a point.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I think that'll be it, unless Foley is fit and starts ahead of Sheron. I think the other decision will be which 2/3 from McAllister, McGrath and Morais, and I think you've picked the correct 2.

Defence and midfeild look reasonably solid, but it's not exactly a team that screams "goals".

Cant agree midfield looks solid though there is not a lot can be done at this time given who is available.  Livie are physical in the middle hope we can deal with it. Our back line is impressive.  

34 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Cant agree midfield looks solid though there is not a lot can be done at this time given who is available.  Livie are physical in the middle hope we can deal with it. Our back line is impressive.  

With or without Foley in, I don't see how you could make the midfield much more imposing with the players we have. Bear in mind the defence is, IMO, a lot more solid-looking now, too.

Unless you take McGrath out and put Cammy ahead of Sheron and Foley, but that's surely the mega-negative option that we'll be saving for trips to the ugly sisters.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

With or without Foley in, I don't see how you could make the midfield much more imposing with the players we have. Bear in mind the defence is, IMO, a lot more solid-looking now, too.

Unless you take McGrath out and put Cammy ahead of Sheron and Foley, but that's surely the mega-negative option that we'll be saving for trips to the ugly sisters.

I did write there is not a lot we can do given who is available.  McAllister and Drumus are attackers that leaves two young boys to break up play. Anyway yet to see us play Goodwin sounds like he wants the charge of the light brigade lol.  Woops 3 to break up play. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

In Attack:

Alnwick

Fraser - Shaughnessy - McCarthy - Tait

Sheron

McAllister - MacPherson - Durmus

McGrath

Obika

~~~~~~~~~

Defending:

Alnwick

Fraser - Shaughnessy - Sheron - McCarthy - Tait

McAllister - MacPherson - McGrath - Durmus

Obika

Going on the assumption that Foley is on the bench, if starting then it's a toss up between MacPherson or McGrath partnering him. Presumably McGrath - but none of us have seen how they are training.

Interesting that Sheron doesn't even make the bench, but both Lyness and Urminsky does.

I called that wrongly. Be interesting to see if Foley lasts the whole game. We have a busy schedule and he's an important player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hooked mid way through the second half.

I really like that starting 11

Hopefully McAllister has the season we all know he can.

Appreciate the comments about lack of depth but we have Sheron, Magennis and Flynn to come back and another striker to be brought in.

Interesting that Sheron doesn't even make the bench, but both Lyness and Urminsky does.
I called that wrongly. Be interesting to see if Foley lasts the whole game. We have a busy schedule and he's an important player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hooked mid way through the second half.
Watched the Aberdeen game there. Worryingly they looked absolutely fucked with a lot left to go in the game. Doing that against Rangers and then Celtic back to back will knacker us.

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
16 minutes ago, Ric said:

Watched the Aberdeen game there. Worryingly they looked absolutely fucked with a lot left to go in the game. Doing that against Rangers and then Celtic back to back will knacker us.

Yeah, match fitness was always going to be a problem - for all teams.