St. Mirren vs. Livi

Surprised no one had started this already! 

Really looking forward to this, particularly now that it has been confirmed by Livi that we will be able to watch the game via St. Mirren's PPV service. Will be checking it out with Islington Elite LSC.

Rate St. Mirren and Goodwin pretty highly. Think they will be pretty comfortable this season. That said, I think we can get a result here, regardless of Dykes staying this week. 

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Really looking forward to this, particularly now that it has been confirmed by Livi that we will be able to watch the game via St. Mirren's PPV service.

Prices are being announced today.

St. Mirren and most other Premiership clubs charging £12 or £12.50.

Your bunch of robbing c***s are £20.

Thank goodness for IPTV.

Really looking forward to this, particularly now that it has been confirmed by Livi that we will be able to watch the game via St. Mirren's PPV service. Will be checking it out with Islington Elite LSC.
Rate St. Mirren and Goodwin pretty highly. Think they will be pretty comfortable this season. That said, I think we can get a result here, regardless of Dykes staying this week. 
Yous are lucky because we have been told absolutely nothing about it.

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Prices are being announced today.

St. Mirren and most other Premiership clubs charging £12 or £12.50.

Your bunch of robbing c***s are £20.

Thank goodness for IPTV.

I missed the seething St. Mirren fans. Almost like being there in person.

13 minutes ago, elvis said:
40 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Yous are lucky because we have been told absolutely nothing about it.

Not like you to make a total arse of yourself.:lol:

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3726-football-is-back

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I was tempted but couldn't think of a snappy title. I see you had the same problem.

I was going to go with "Fitzy's Fantastic Four Finishers vs Some Random mob in a lego stadium with shit pitch". What do you reckon?

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

I was tempted but couldn't think of a snappy title. I see you had the same problem.

I was going to go with "Fitzy's Fantastic Four Finishers vs Some Random mob in a lego stadium with shit pitch". What do you reckon?

I prefer my title.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I had already checked the spam folder. The strange thing is my wife never received one either and I just wondered if there had been a glitch. 

We've looked solid AF in preseason, our defence looks even strong than last year, and as of right now then Lyndon Dykes is still here. 1-11 I think we're stronger than last year, although once Dykes goes that might not be true. Hopefully Sal and Propratnik come good.

This season I expect us to win 75% of away games and lose at home to everyone but Aberdeen. 3-1 Livi, Dykes perfect hat-trick before moving to Luton for 2.5m.

I said on the St Mirren thread, this could be a difficult one for us for several reasons. We are clearly lop sided in defence (at present anyway). We have two central defenders  in McCarthy and Shaughnessy who will definitely start (barring injury - or more +ve Covid tests!) and so will Tait. Which side Tait plays on will depend on who, if anyone, we bring in before Saturday.

What's more, there is definitely pressure on us to get something from this. Even putting aside the first game of the season, and it being a home game, we have both sides of the OF immediately after this. With all the best will in the world I do not see us taking points from them (I mean, we could, but you know...) meaning it's almost imperative we get some points on the board before we play Hamilton after that. It's hardly a "must win" because that would just be stupid, but it very much is a "ooh, now this would be a damned useful point or three" type of game.

In terms of the rest of the team, it's pretty solid. We won't have either Magennis or Flynn, both important players for us for different reasons and both coming back from injury, but we have enough midfielders to fill two squads, while Obika is still very much likely to spearhead the attack with Morais brought on as a sub either late on or, if we are trailing, to partner him.

In terms of formation I'd expect us to go a 4-5-1 with that working out more as a 4-1-4-1 but that really depends purely on the full back position and how Goodwin will shuffle the pack. He might go all out and play a diamond 4-4-2, but that really doesn't play to our current strengths and I'm not sure Goodwin is a man who will gamble for the first game of the season.

Edited by Ric

Football? Who’d have thunk it.

Played Livi three times last season, lost two drew one. However the two losses were clearly due to Livingston’s pitch ([emoji854])

I feel we have a stronger squad now than we have had for a long time, we’ve certainly had a good window.

Would be quite the bubble burster if we were to lose this, particularly given our next two games are against Rangers and Celtic.

Livingston are a top six team, they’ll certainly fancy their chances and I won’t be surprised if we lost. Cautiously optimistic though.

Alnwick

Fraser-McCarthy-Shaungessy-Tait

Durmus-McPherson-Foley-Sheron-Thorvaldson

Obika

1-0

Obika’s Hand of God

I would take a draw here. I thought St Mirren were decent last season and would expect them to come at us in this first fixture.

I would line up with a 5-3-1-1:

McCrorie

Devlin Ambrose Guthrie Brown Taylor-Sinclair

Bartley Sibbald Pittman

Forrest

Dykes

Alternatively, a 4-2-3-1

McCrorie

Devlin Ambrose Guthrie Taylor-Sinclair

Bartley Sibbald

Forrest Pittman Robinson

Dykes