Club Legends in 30 Games or Less

12 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Any excuse to post this;

According to Wiki he played for us 33 times, but he was a cult hero long before 30 games so I'm having 'WHO'S YER? WHO'S YER? WHO'S YER FVCKING DADI!!!!!

Thanks for that aDONis!  A pretty workmanlike display from Mr. Young on the commentary there, sounded like he was reading from a script.

Mine is The Monk (Grzegorz Szamotulski). If I remember rightly, Zaluska got injured in pre-season, and recommended his mate, Szamo.

I think he made his debut against Barcelona, in which he was only beaten by a late late Henry strike after initially saving the penalty, then he made his competitive debut against Aberdeen in a 1-0 win where he made save after save.

Added to how good he was, he was quite mad!

In the warmups he used to grab a youth player and tell him to obstruct him while he tried to claim crosses and then proceeded to batter the living daylights out of the kid as he claimed cross after cross.

After 18 games, with his  short term contract running out, word was he turned down an extension because he didn’t want to keep his mate Zaluska out of the team.

Despite winning 13 caps for Poland, he never settled anywhere and went on to play for another 9 clubs after United.

A proper legend. Didn’t win fcuk all with us, but loved by all.

6 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Mine is The Monk (Grzegorz Szamotulski). If I remember rightly, Zaluska got injured in pre-season, and recommended his mate, Szamo.

I think he made his debut against Barcelona, in which he was only beaten by a late late Henry strike after initially saving the penalty, then he made his competitive debut against Aberdeen in a 1-0 win where he made save after save.

In the warmups he used to grab a youth player and tell him to obstruct him while he tried to claim crosses and then proceeded to batter the living daylights out of the kid as he claimed cross after cross.

After 18 games, with his  short term contract running out, word was he turned down an extension because he didn’t want to keep his mate Zaluska out of the team.

Despite winning 13 caps for Poland, he never settled anywhere and went on to play for another 9 clubs after United.

A couple of seasons later, we had a similar situation where we had Nicky Weaver on a short term deal, and he was also superb. He left after he got pelted with snowballs by Aberdeen fans.*

*He was already leaving, but this happened in his last game

19 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

A couple of seasons later, we had a similar situation where we had Nicky Weaver on a short term deal, and he was also superb. He left after he got pelted with snowballs by Aberdeen fans.*

On the subject of goalkeepers, Arvid Schenk only played one game and is regarded as a legend by Arabs.

20 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

This beautiful b*****d only played 21 times for us according to Wiki. May not have won anything like some others on this thread but what a player.

Claudio Caniggia - Wikipedia

The best performance I've ever seen against us by any opposition player. 5-0 at Dens, he scored 3 and I think set up the other 2 (may only have been one other) but he absolutely ruined us. What a performance. 

I wanted to leave at 4-0 but hung about as he was still on the park. He tortured us that day but it was really something else to behold. 

27 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

I know, I know, he played 40 times for us, but what an impression this loon made.

Also, I'd never seen the St Mirren goal, only heard of it's legend (till today).

My favourite is the Hibs one... what a laugh that was!

I was away down the other end that day and remember folk arguing about how the keeper should have had that. They thought it had to be the goalies fault as no-one could actually appreciate from that far away just how good a dig it was. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The best performance I've ever seen against us by any opposition player. 5-0 at Dens, he scored 3 and I think set up the other 2 (may only have been one other) but he absolutely ruined us. What a performance. 

I wanted to leave at 4-0 but hung about as he was still on the park. He tortured us that day but it was really something else to behold. 

I know, I know, he played 40 times for us, but what an impression this loon made.
Also, I'd never seen the St Mirren goal, only heard of it's legend (till today).
[/url]  
Remember that goal well, you were never in the game up to that moment. Hell of a strike.

16 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

Yes, cursed myself for not checking how many appearances Zero made before submitting the title for this thread. If I could only have my time again. 

Maybe not a legend but ex-Morton stalwart Joe McLaughlin arrived in March 2000  to help us win Div. 1 when we were looking a bit wobbly played 3  games, all wins, including scoring the winner against Airdrie on his debut then retired at the end of the season - the bubble didnae burst!

Scenes of yore - was it Gary McKay who jumped Tom Hendrie at the end of the aforementioned Airdrie game?

Edited by btb

Karim Boukraa. 

Played exactly 30 games for Ross County. Did nothing much of any note that I could see, although I was very young. Dribbled a lot and huffed about like a french public servant. 

Countys first and arguably best 'foreign cult hero', the sexy 47 year old man-hunk STILL follows county on twitter and is generally a lovely, badly, sexy French love machine. Supports Macron, good guy. 

On 28/07/2020 at 18:18, Mark Connolly said:

Nicky Weaver was genuinely one of my favourite Utd keepers despite his short time here. He was incredible 

On 27/07/2020 at 18:32, Monkey Tennis said:

Not until just now, no.

Sorry about that.

I'd never heard of him either. He is before our time though really.

As for the thread in a QoS context, John Stewart surely? Not sure how often he played but he only had half a season on loan so must be under 30. He became a legend in 45 mins though.

On 27/07/2020 at 18:04, ham1sh68 said:

Zoltan Varga 26 games for Aberdeen. Arguably the most skilful player ever to play for the Dons. Once seen never forgotten. Came and went shrouded in mystery.

Brilliant player.

Also Derek "Cup Tie" McKay. Well less than 30 games.

ETA: What EdmontonDandy said

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'd never heard of him either. He is before our time though really.

As for the thread in a QoS context, John Stewart surely? Not sure how often he played but he only had half a season on loan so must be under 30. He became a legend in 45 mins though.

Yes, he did.

He fits the bill well.  He really wasn't very good and didn't have much of a career, despite having played for bigger clubs.  He did, however, contribute hugely to arguably our greatest ever moment.  Not many foresaw that when Dobbie limped off.

11 hours ago, btb said:

Maybe not a legend but ex-Morton stalwart Joe McLaughlin arrived in March 2000  to help us win Div. 1 when we were looking a bit wobbly played 3  games, all wins, including scoring the winner against Airdrie on his debut then retired at the end of the season - the bubble didnae burst!

Scenes of yore - was it Gary McKay who jumped Tom Hendrie at the end of the aforementioned Airdrie game?

Yeah, Hendrie he literally jumped him. Hendrie was giving him a coaly back up the tunnel. :lol: