OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Pre-season is nearly finished, so it's time to take an unreasonably optimistic look at how our squad is shaping up ahead of the 1-1 draw with Ross County at Tynecastle next week.

image.png.d997a458a08a89c1e25a540c0699f9b6.png

Get the three signings Neilson's mentioned plus a back-up keeper and we've got two XIs that get into Europe. Add Simms and we've won the league and probably the Europa as well.

Anyone go to the Stoke/Lockie testimonial?

Difficult to judge as Stoke are useless. Talked to a car-load of them after the match and I've never met such a dejected group of fans. Having said that, I've no seen any Hibs fans yet this season 😂

Anyway - I thought we looked good and in control for the most part, and contrary to the comments r.e. the Crawley Town match, I thought Forrest did pretty well!

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Anyone go to the Stoke/Lockie testimonial?

Difficult to judge as Stoke are useless. Talked to a car-load of them after the match and I've never met such a dejected group of fans. Having said that, I've no seen any Hibs fans yet this season 😂

Anyway - I thought we looked good and in control for the most part, and contrary to the comments r.e. the Crawley Town match, I thought Forrest did pretty well!

Not sure if serious.

So FC Zurich barring an extremely unlikely win for Linfield.  They appear to have gone backwards a bit over the summer so we'll have at least a shot at it i suppose.

Top European city which unfortunately comes with shocking hotel prices and expensive beer, though I'm sure the Zurich fans will have experience of that from back home.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a concern about Halkett then. We're going to pick up injuries with this schedule, but this is a bad place to start.

Fingers crossed it's not too serious, but fearing the worst. I think after Gordon he's the next one I'd want in the team every week.

New centre-half needed if this is remotely long-term.

19 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Bit of a concern about Halkett then. We're going to pick up injuries with this schedule, but this is a bad place to start.

Fingers crossed it's not too serious, but fearing the worst. I think after Gordon he's the next one I'd want in the team every week.

Said exactly the same last night. The one player after Gordon that you really do not want to get injured. Sod's law, eh.

What are people's thoughts on the recent (Jam)tarting up at Tynecastle? New screens and what could possibly be disco lights... Although they are maybe just extra floodlighting for meeting European requirements.

58 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think Halkett could be out for a while - I think we've been talking about bringing in another centre half anyway, so Halkett's injury could force the issue.

Atkinson could improve, but he shouldn't be in the team at the moment - I would say the same for Sibbick.

If Smith is no longer able to fill the RB/RWB slot, we need to sign a right back.

I'm wondering if we've ended up having to pay a fee for Lewis Neilson, which may have affected the playing budget. 

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

What are people's thoughts on the recent (Jam)tarting up at Tynecastle? New screens and what could possibly be disco lights... Although they are maybe just extra floodlighting for meeting European requirements.

Always a bit meh about stuff like this. Flashy advertising boards, fancy lights, screens etc.

ANNOUNCE RUDI IMO! BUDGE OUT!

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We need a new CB regardless, especially as Neilson will definitely persist with 3-4-3. Two first team exits and only one incoming in that position so far. Kingsley and Halkett are both prone to niggles as well.

It'll have to be a busy couple of weeks for us to cope with the schedule.

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Always a bit meh about stuff like this. Flashy advertising boards, fancy lights, screens etc.

ANNOUNCE RUDI IMO! BUDGE OUT!

I'm sort of the opposite to be honest. I really like the idea of our stadium looking modern and a bit flashy. I want us to do all that disco stuff before kick off in evening games, and I just like the general look of screens in a nice fully enclosed stadium. I would go further too - I would love to see legends statues on the plaza, and long hanging banners and flags too. Flags out the top of the stadium like we used to have as well. 

I remember when I was a kid walking out of the stadium past that old stone building that I think was the ticket office. This was before they had replaced any of the terraces with the current stands. There was a model in the window of that building, of what the new look stadium was planned to look like. I was in awe of it, and thought it was going to look amazing. We now have something better, but I clearly still have that same youthful mindset over things like this. I want our already fantastic stadium to be as good as it can be.

Ask me this when we are shite again though... and aye... it'd be an answer more akin to your last line. 😀

5 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I'm sort of the opposite to be honest. I really like the idea of our stadium looking modern and a bit flashy. I want us to do all that disco stuff before kick off in evening games, and I just like the general look of screens in a nice fully enclosed stadium. I would go further too - I would love to see legends statues on the plaza, and long hanging banners and flags too. Flags out the top of the stadium like we used to have as well. 

I remember when I was a kid walking out of the stadium past that old stone building that I think was the ticket office. This was before they had replaced any of the terraces with the current stands. There was a model in the window of that building, of what the new look stadium was planned to look like. I was in awe of it, and thought it was going to look amazing. We now have something better, but I clearly still have that same youthful mindset over things like this. I want our already fantastic stadium to be as good as it can be.

Ask me this when we are shite again though... and aye... it'd be an answer more akin to your last line. 😀

I don't mind a statue, but I would hate Tynie to end up looking like the entrance to Celtic Park.

That looks far too tacky for me.

17 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I don't mind a statue, but I would hate Tynie to end up looking like the entrance to Celtic Park.

That looks far too tacky for me.

Everything about Celtic is tacky. But things like statues and banners are not theirs to own.