OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

59 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Yeah, agree with this. It would be transparent and churlish to suggest Souttar isn’t one of our best players, but he benefits greatly from having such a solid base around and behind him. He’s definitely not irreplaceable. I’d rather we had managed to get him signed up, but Savage’s hit rate on players in has been pretty exceptional so far, so I’d actually not be too surprised if we managed to strengthen the whole team with around £400k and the wages saved. That’s if we get anything for him of course. I’ve faith in Smith and Moore too.

He is a good player and we almost certainly won't replace him with someone as good defensively and as classy on the ball, but getting someone about as good defensively and decent on the ball is achievable. If we can do that then the net effect of him leaving won't be so bad.

Moore might fit the latter description and played that position for his previous clubs so I'd imagine he'll get the nod initially. When he's played there for us I'd say he looked good in two of the games and had a shocker in the other (Motherwell away) so the jury's still out there. 

Admittedly I don't think he's had an extended run there but I can't really remember Smith having a poor game at CB. I could see him eventually taking over if Moore isn't up to it.

Either way I think we're probably well covered at RCB for the rest of the season. We've missed Halkett more than Souttar when either has been missing this season so I'd be looking for cover/competition there instead.

3 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

It's unimaginative and dull. He's moved to a team in the old firm. Complete lack of pizazz. 

I wince when Hibs and hearts players move to those two. Whoever gets a move there is clearly good enough to be playing elsewhere. Look at Henderson and hickey... not at the best teams in Italy, but they're living the dream. 

This is objective truth - if you'd prefer to play football in Glasgow instead of Italy, you're a stupid c**t. 

Duomo > Armadillo 

Chianti classico > Buckfast

Gino D'Acampo > Gordon Ramsay 

Are Empoli or Bologna of a better standard than Rangers, though? I genuinely don't know as I haven't watched either of the sides... ever I don't think.

Bologna are a good team, I'd fancy them to beat Rangers. Arnautovic up front, Belgian, Swedish and Italian internationals in the squad, just sold Tomayisu to Arsenal for £25m. The guy Rangers are trying buy from them can't get a start.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Bologna are a good team, I'd fancy them to beat Rangers. Arnautovic up front, Belgian, Swedish and Italian internationals in the squad, just sold Tomayisu to Arsenal for £25m. The guy Rangers are trying buy from them can't get a start.

That's mostly because he's a winger and Bologna often play with wing-backs though. Plus he has Orsolini in front of him when they do play with wingers/wide forwards.

I think it'd be pretty close, I'd fancy our chances. They're a worse team than Lyon, probably about Burnley/Leeds/Everton level if they were in the EPL.

12 hours ago, G51 said:

Why on earth would you want to live in Glasgow

I often wonder just how many Rangers and Celtic players actually live in greater Glasgow?

I have no idea where Souttar lives but its unlikely he is going to move to somewhere that his home might be firebombed.

15 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

It's unimaginative and dull. He's moved to a team in the old firm. Complete lack of pizazz. 

I wince when Hibs and hearts players move to those two. Whoever gets a move there is clearly good enough to be playing elsewhere. Look at Henderson and hickey... not at the best teams in Italy, but they're living the dream. 

This is objective truth - if you'd prefer to play football in Glasgow instead of Italy, you're a stupid c**t.

This is the kind of thing that's easy to say from the outside. But maybe he's got a partner who doesn't want to move and he'd rather not go without. Maybe his partner has a really good job/career of his/her own at home and they don't want to disrupt that.

I live in the Midlands and my sister-in-law used to be married to a professional footballer who was based in this part of the world because it gave them the best chance of having a settled home. He'd spent the first few years of his career moving north and south by himself for a year/eighteen months at a time and found it a lonely existence that put a strain on his relationships. Eventually he just decided to only play for clubs where he could live in their house and commute. It cost him one potentially good move, but that was the thinking behind it.

I fully get a player being offered big money to stay around their settled life choosing to take it.

Don't get me wrong. I'd like a bit of loyalty from my Hearts players. I travel a shitload every year to watch them.

But this is just how it is. I'm not going to get angry at someone else's life decisions. What's the point?

It'll be someone else soon. Why get worked up?

58 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is the kind of thing that's easy to say from the outside. But maybe he's got a partner who doesn't want to move and he'd rather not go without. 

If he's got a partner who'd prefer Glasgow to Bologna, then I double down on my hypothesis that he has terrible decision-making. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Did I just read a serious argument that glasgow was better than Bologna? :lol:

I can't wait to read all about your experiences in Bologna and why it's better than Glasgow. 

19 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

… according to two narrowly defined parameters

I’m not quite sure what those parameters actually mean but the surprising thing is that neither of parameters appear to involve scoring from direct free kicks

Oh aye. It doesn't prove anything, just interesting to note.