OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

21 hours ago, DC92 said:

On the Pro Licence stuff, my impression was that you needed one to be a permanent manager in the top flight, but the club statement only mentions it being a requirement for "European competition", which I take to mean the Conference League. Is that right?

If it's just a Europe requirement and McAvoy has to be nominally in charge for those (let's be honest, two) games, then I'm not that bothered. If it's a requirement for the league and we have McAvoy nominally in charge, but Naismith de facto in charge, then it's an issue imo. Firstly because it would be an obvious circumvention of the regulations which leaves us open to penalties and secondly because it creates the potential for confused leadership if the club has to outwardly act as if one person is calling the shots while internally acting differently.

McKinlay is an ex-SFA COO and was a member of the UEFA Legal Committee for 3 years so you'd assume he'll be on top of this but... this is Hearts.

Looking into it a bit more, it seems Emre Belozoglu (who manages Istanbul Basaksehir) also doesn't have his Pro Licence. He was banned from the dugout for our home game with them last season after he was found guilty of "shadow coaching" in the previous round by UEFA. Basaksehir were also fined 10k.

The article below also states there are no such restrictions in the Turkish League, so I'm assuming it's the same here.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/istanbul-basaksehir-boss-emre-belozoglu-banned-from-europa-conference-league-opener-against-hearts-3832178

Based on this it seems Naismith is ok to act as manager in domestic games but McAvoy will have to visibly be in charge for the Conference League games. If that is the case it's basically a non-issue.

Steven MacLean also doesn't have a Pro Licence going by the fact he's just enrolled on the SFA course.

6 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

You should know that they can't be trusted

Boring pal; how about next season? Oh, also, do you see this user anywhere near   your thread?? Do you even have one?

Gone are the days when it was just the fucken hibbys in here

You think that offends us? Our team is not named after that

Your tears have a lovely taste of salt.

Edited by Hoose Rice

16 hours ago, paranoid android said:

I'm fine with it - if it doesn't work out, we replace him, same as everyone else does - I think managerial appointments are largely short term risks these days. 

I think Naismith did fine over those 7 games, and he can improve - anyone expecting him to achieve 3rd starting 5 points behind aiberdeen, who were on a run of great form, were expecting too much, imo. 

I'm a fickle man and I want my success now. I get we're probably resigned to have to get project managers in but I'd just like for once my clearly high expectations to be fulfilled.

11 hours ago, DC92 said:

Looking into it a bit more, it seems Emre Belozoglu (who manages Istanbul Basaksehir) also doesn't have his Pro Licence. He was banned from the dugout for our home game with them last season after he was found guilty of "shadow coaching" in the previous round by UEFA. Basaksehir were also fined 10k.

The article below also states there are no such restrictions in the Turkish League, so I'm assuming it's the same here.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/istanbul-basaksehir-boss-emre-belozoglu-banned-from-europa-conference-league-opener-against-hearts-3832178

Based on this it seems Naismith is ok to act as manager in domestic games but McAvoy will have to visibly be in charge for the Conference League games. If that is the case it's basically a non-issue.

Steven MacLean also doesn't have a Pro Licence going by the fact he's just enrolled on the SFA course.

It's appointing Naismith as Technical Director part that's weird. If (assuming) there are no such restrictions in the SPFL, why wouldn't Hearts just appoint him as manager and then let McAvoy manage the European games like Basaksehir done?

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's appointing Naismith as Technical Director part that's weird. If (assuming) there are no such restrictions in the SPFL, why wouldn't Hearts just appoint him as manager and then let McAvoy manage the European games like Basaksehir done?

I didn't understand that part either, but I just had a look at the Basaksehir website and...

Screenshot_20230609-092443.png

The statement does also explicitly mention that it's to comply with the regulations for playing in European competition.

Edited by DC92

11 hours ago, DC92 said:

It isn’t really an issue, just a bit of administrative fudge. 

Still fully intend on sniggering at it though. 

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I didn't understand that part either, but I just had a look at the Basaksehir website and...

Screenshot_20230609-092443.png

The statement does also explicitly mention that it's to comply with the regulations for playing in European competition.

That's fair. I got the impression from that article that Emre had been appointed as manager rather than a technical director as well 🤣

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

That's fair. I got the impression from that article that Emre had been appointed as manager rather than a technical director as well 🤣

I'd assume that's just because nobody really knows the official job title most of the time. I think since Budge came in we've had two Head Coaches, two Managers and one "Football Manager" (lol), but ultimately the guy who picks the team and does the post-match interviews is going to be referred to as the manager by most people.

6 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I'd assume that's just because nobody really knows the official job title most of the time. I think since Budge came in we've had two Head Coaches, two Managers and one "Football Manager" (lol), but ultimately the guy who picks the team and does the post-match interviews is going to be referred to as the manager by most people.

Aye, they could title him General Dogsbody for all the difference it would make.

21 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

When we''ve gone 50 and then 42 years between Scottish Cup wins, get back to us.

When we've gone 61 and then 63 years between League Championships,  get back to us.

When we've gone 60 years between league cup wins, get back to us.

When you've celebrated the 40th anniversary of winning a European trophy, get back to us.

When we go into admin, get back to us.

When we get relegated, get back to us,

Just on the last point, whilst we have been relegated, Aberdeen only missed out on it because of Falkirk not having a big enough stadium.....

21 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Just on the last point, whilst we have been relegated (on more than one occasion), Aberdeen only missed out on it on a relegation play-off because of Falkirk not having a big enough stadium.....

FTFY

And not relegated, then.