OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

IMO out of 5 stars.

Naismith manager 2.5

Cuifentes manager 3

A big ole meh. It's wild, I keep convincing myself the imaginative big Hearts appointment will happen and when the opportunity comes this level of mediocrity hits.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

I'm struggling to see viable options - The only people currently managing in the SPFL that is vaguely in the right ball park are Robinson and Martindale, and I'm not sure about either. Although it has to be said that Martindale definitely deserves a chance at a club with a bigger budget.

I don't know enough about other smaller leagues to comment either.

Given Hearts frequency of signing players from Australia a wildcard option for a manager might be Nick Montgomery who just won the A-League Grand Final with the Central Coast Mariners who are the league's smallest team.

Edited by GNU_Linux

22 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Hearts sold over 15,000 season tickets already.

I really hope we cut the arse cheeks allocation to absolute minimum.

What's the story with the Hibs allocation? I thought you restricted all away support to one side of the Roseburn, bigot brothers included, so was surprised to see it full of Hibs fans for the last game. Are they treated differently?

1 hour ago, Charles Stiles said:

What's the story with the Hibs allocation? I thought you restricted all away support to one side of the Roseburn, bigot brothers included, so was surprised to see it full of Hibs fans for the last game. Are they treated differently?

I think it's to ensure Hearts continue to be allocated the full away stand at Easter Road. I'm not sure if it will continue next season as  Hell of a lot of pressure is being put on Hearts by the fans to sell more season tickets in the Roseburn stand and cut Hibs allocation.

I've no idea which way it will go. I can see both sides of the argument.

It doesn't sit right with me to cut hibs allocation. The few thousand fans that go to Easter Road deserve to see that game ahead of supporters who are less committed in comparison who'd but a season ticket in the Roseburn. It also ruins the atmosphere of the derby. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I think it's to ensure Hearts continue to be allocated the full away stand at Easter Road. I'm not sure if it will continue next season as  Hell of a lot of pressure is being put on Hearts by the fans to sell more season tickets in the Roseburn stand and cut Hibs allocation.

I did wonder. Can see both sides too but I'm really up for treating the bigots like every other club and giving Hibs the most. Many thanks.

6 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Rangers and Celtic don't give each other tickets. We can do likewise and they will not give us any tickets.

Would anybody be that bothered about not having to go there? 

Imagine every club in the league done this, boost in home attendance across the country and save a fortune from all the police and steward costs.

Just now, Empty It said:

Would anybody be that bothered about not having to go there? 

Imagine every club in the league done this, boost in home attendance across the country and save a fortune from all the police and steward costs.

There will be fans that are against it as they have been to every game since whenever and don't want to miss out. 

Every club should do this but they need the support of the local people. 

21 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Hibs and Hearts have an agreement to give each other the full away end.

Its the sensible, adult thing to to, and means we have the most atmospheric derby in the country.

Cutting allocations down to minimal or zero in the derby - like Rangers and Celtic have done will devalue the fixture imo.

I imagine the vast majority of Hearts fans think the same way.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

I assume there's zero scope for expanding Tynecastle?

I think we'd need £20-30 million to add 5000 seats onto the wheatfield stand due to land ownership and ethanol tanks at the distillery. The club should be investigating it now but it'll not happen in the next 10-15 years I suspect regardless of what we do. Can't see how we'd expand beyond that. 

If it's Naismith or Cifuentes then it isn't an inspiring choice but that's the risk you take when you punt a manager without having a standout candidate lined up. It's why (despite his obvious flaws) I was never that enthusiastic about ditching Neilson until his last couple of weeks.

As for choosing between them, Cifuentes obviously has more experience than Naismith, but imo his CV looks worse than Neilson's and no better than someone like Jack Ross, so I don't get the appeal.

His only notable achievement seems to be finishing 3rd once with a team that finished 4th, 3rd, 8th and 5th in the seasons prior to his arrival and now he has them sitting in 10th. They also got to a cup final which they lost to 7th-place Malmö.

If it's a choice between taking a punt on a rookie who's shown some glimpses of promise and demonstrated he can get a bit more out of the current squad in his admittedly short time in charge, or taking a punt on the Scandi-based Stephen Robinson, then the former punt seems a bit more sensible to me.

Nathaniel Atkinson, Kye Rowles and Cameron Devlin are part of a 23 man squad for a friendly against Argentina in Beijing on 15 June. Not sure if he’ll be back on loan with you but Garang Kuol wasn’t selected as he is with the Olympic squad for the Maurice Revello Tournament in France.

On 03/06/2023 at 19:30, Mr. X said:

You can do what you like with the weegies as Hearts and Hibs fans rarely travel in numbers these days to league fixtures in Glasgow as we get a tiny allocation but I can't see any reason in dicking about with the away allocations in the Edinburgh Derby. Both sides hand each other 3000 tickets and it results in a tremendous noisy atmosphere.  The marches to the stadiums from the away fans are excellent spectacle and the fixture as a whole really is a selling point of the league.   It's also the only true big city derby IMHO in the league as the Glasgow one is so diminished with the 800 away fans in a 50/60 thousand seater stadium and that's not mentioning the tedious sectarian slop which turns off anyone with an IQ larger than their shoe size 

Edited by AndyM