OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

13 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Paging Joe Savage…

An absolute shambles from the diets that we’re now only a point behind 

We’ve had a shit season lads, you should be mortified 

Some of us are. I'd be punting Neilson now.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

“Strolling” and “cruising” were words getting used quite often. Not anymore 

That's exactly what was happening. 

I don't think any of us predicted Neilson would decide to play one midfielder against Rangers, then blame the players for the loss.

We're at the point now where he's obviously not going to get emptied at this point in the season, but Neilson absolutely needs to go and hopefully there are decision makers within the club who can see this and get it done in the summer. The body of evidence that he's not good enough is now huge, over both spells, and, as is repeatedly pointed out by loads of Hearts fans, he just doesn't improve.

For balance, I did say back in the summer that we were going to have a hard season and that Europe would cause us problems. Then we had a ridiculous pile of injuries. In fairness, that was handled well and we came out of the World Cup break in really good shape, and basically looked fine.

What has never stopped is the insipid away performances, the passive nature of a team with the players to be much more aggressive, and the failure to learn from repeated tactical and selection mistakes. To allow Europe to become a race again after the advantage we'd built up by absolutely scudding the teams around us is absolutely criminal, and we'll have one man squarely to blame if we f**k this up.

Our away form is disgraceful, our use of young players is disgraceful, our style of football is absolutely shite, we are an entirely predictable team who must be really fucking easy to prepare for a game against. Basically, press our midfield and we're completely fucked. Much like Robbie's first spell. Fucking Alan Stubbs had this lad on toast tactically, and he's no better now than he was then.

I'd still lean towards us finishing third, but it's definitely up for grabs now. Aberdeen did the right thing in getting rid of their wrong man. Robson's work is showing that sometimes removing the wrong man is more important than finding the right man. Yet, we've persisted with someone that anyone who watches Hearts can (and does) tell you makes the team less than the sum of its parts.

It's just time for him to go, and he has to go in the summer, regardless of how this finishes. Can't say I really believe Hearts will punt him though, no matter how obviously necessary it is.

Edited by VincentGuerin

19 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

We're at the point now where he's obviously not going to get emptied at this point in the season, but Neilson absolutely needs to go and hopefully there are decision makers within the club who can see this and get it done in the summer. The body of evidence that he's not good enough is now huge, over both spells, and, as is repeatedly pointed out by loads of Hearts fans, he just doesn't improve.

For balance, I did say back in the summer that we were going to have a hard season and that Europe would cause us problems. Then we had a ridiculous pile of injuries. In fairness, that was handled well and we came out of the World Cup break in really good shape, and basically looked fine.

What has never stopped is the insipid away performances, the passive nature of a team with the players to be much more aggressive, and the failure to learn from repeated tactical and selection mistakes. To allow Europe to become a race again after the advantage we'd built up by absolutely scudding the teams around us is absolutely criminal, and we'll have one man squarely to blame if we f**k this up.

Our away form is disgraceful, our use of young players is disgraceful, our style of football is absolutely shite, we are an entirely predictable team who must be really fucking easy to prepare for a game against. Basically, press our midfield and we're completely fucked. Much like Robbie's first spell. Fucking Alan Stubbs had this lad on toast tactically, and he's no better now than he was then.

I'd still lean towards us finishing third, but it's definitely up for grabs now. Aberdeen did the right thing in getting rid of their wrong man. Robson's work is showing that sometimes removing the wrong man is more important than finding the right man. Yet, we've persisted with someone that anyone who watches Hearts can (and does) tell you makes the team less than the sum of his parts.

It's just time for him to go, and he has to go in the summer, regardless of how this finishes. Can't say I really believe Hearts will punt him though, no matter how obviously necessary it is.

Enjoyed this. 

32 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'd still lean towards us finishing third, but it's definitely up for grabs now. Aberdeen did the right thing in getting rid of their wrong man. Robson's work is showing that sometimes removing the wrong man is more important than finding the right man. Yet, we've persisted with someone that anyone who watches Hearts can (and does) tell you makes the team less than the sum of its parts.

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Enjoyed this. 

I think you'll find a completely contradictory post from earlier in the season explaining why Hearts were going to run away with third spot and the Dons (and everybody else) would be swept away by the downdraft.

They'll probably still finish third, mind you, but - as has been pointed out elsewhere - rather than claiming to be third best, the appropriate title is probably least shit of the also rans.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think you'll find a completely contradictory post from earlier in the season explaining why Hearts were going to run away with third spot and the Dons (and everybody else) would be swept away by the downdraft.

They'll probably still finish third, mind you, but - as has been pointed out elsewhere - rather than claiming to be third best, the appropriate title is probably least shit of the also rans.

To be fair, everything I said would happen to Goodwin's Aberdeen did indeed happen, and even faster than I'd predicted. They did the right thing in getting rid of him and Robson has done a good job. Can't argue with that.

Hearts played their way into exactly the position I'd expected to happen in December and January and have since then fallen off a cliff. What's happened exactly is probably a combination of things, but the issues with the coach have been outlined loads of times by loads of Hearts fans.

I think the post-split fixtures make us likely to end up third. But if we end up getting switched to a third trip to Pittodrie or Easter Road, we're fucked.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

To be fair, everything I said would happen to Goodwin's Aberdeen did indeed happen, and even faster than I'd predicted. They did the right thing in getting rid of him and Robson has done a good job. Can't argue with that.

Hearts played their way into exactly the position I'd expected to happen in December and January and have since then fallen off a cliff. What's happened exactly is probably a combination of things, but the issues with the coach have been outlined loads of times by loads of Hearts fans.

I think the post-split fixtures make us likely to end up third. But if we end up getting switched to a third trip to Pittodrie or Easter Road, we're fucked.

That may be so, but we weren't talking about "Goodwin's Aberdeen", we were talking about Hearts' fans boasts about strolling to third and leaving the rest of us diddies envious and anxious about how to close the ever widening gulf in class.

15 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That may be so, but we weren't talking about "Goodwin's Aberdeen", we were talking about Hearts' fans boasts about strolling to third and leaving the rest of us diddies envious and anxious about how to close the ever widening gulf in class.

Of course we're talking about our competitors. No team exists in a vacuum.

Aberdeen were always going to fall apart under Goodwin, the signs were there all along. Their recovery is part of Hearts' problem and that's partly because they imploded sooner than thought, but the main issue is that Hearts' form has fallen apart in a way that there was really no reason to suspect.

Looking at it objectively, Hearts had come through a horrendous run of fixtures, both in terms of volume and difficulty, alongside a lengthy injury list, and had worked to a double-figure points lead over Aberdeen and had beaten them 5-0. It was done. The fact that it's now up for grabs is simply a huge failure of management. There can be no excuse for it.

We've taken one point from away games with Livi, Motherwell, Aberdeen, and Killie. Back in the autumn while playing Thursday - Sunday and missing loads of players we took four points from those fixtures. Matching that return should be the minimum expectation in the spring with better selection options and time to properly prepare for games. If we'd done so, there'd be very little to worry about. It's a shocking collapse with no excuse.

Edited by VincentGuerin

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It would be ironic if this great battle for the third place trophy was proved meaningless by Caley winning the Scottish Cup. 

You've written off Falkirk, then. They did beat you know who...

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

If I was running Hearts, I would probably be pulling the trigger on Robbie now. Having said that, all their best seasons in more than a decade have come under him.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

It would be ironic if this great battle for the third place trophy was proved meaningless by Caley winning the Scottish Cup. 

If there's one thing that all of us should agree, it's that this would be the appropriate conclusion to the season. Everyone is rancid and nobody deserves the prize of European group football. 

2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

If there's one thing that all of us should agree, it's that this would be the appropriate conclusion to the season. Everyone is rancid and nobody deserves the prize of European group football. 

It won't happen, but I'd gratefully accept it with no trace of guilt.

The Robbie Neilson and Hearts circle of life reaching the death stage again, then.

Already got my bet on him returning in 28/29, Hearts finishing 3rd in 29/30, then Neilson sacked in 30/31.