OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Tremendous news. I assume we've had a fair bit of interest in him which has prompted us getting an extension so early, but it'll at least guarantee us a good fee when he does eventually move on assuming he can remain injury free. Good, sensible business from us. 

39 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Kye Rowles has pledged his long-term future to Heart of Midlothian Football Club by signing a new five-year deal.

Fucking hell!

No doubt this will include a release clause that should pretty much guarantee a decent fee when he inevitably goes.

We must have offered him a fair few quid. 

Brilliant, now we're not going to have diddy teams lke Brentford or Crystal Palace bidding for him.

20 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Okay when is he due a career ending injury then?

In all seriousness probably some of the best business I've seen from us.

That crossed my mind as well.

I was also reminded of the offer we made to Jose Goncalves that he knocked back - 'one fantastic offer' in the words of JJ.

Think that offer would have been much more than Rowles has been made. 

I saw a few fans on FB moaning about Rowles the other night - wonder what they'll make of this news. 

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I saw a few fans on FB moaning about Rowles the other night - wonder what they'll make of this news. 

We could win the league and you'd still get the greeting faced tynecastle regulars moaning about something.

32 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I actually despair at the shite that's posted on FB - serves me right for reading it, tbh. 

Facebook in general is in the appendices to Dante's Inferno, so reading the content of Hearts fans too thick to use Kickback on it seems like something best avoided

It feels like ages since we've been able to tie down a valuable player on a long-term deal. I can't even remember the last one. Great news.

From a bean-counting point of view it's good that he might get another chance at group stage football. A solid season-and-a-half for us, a good world cup and European experience will see his value much higher this time next year than it is now, but we'd have been cutting it fine with only 12/18 months left on his deal. Now that pressure to cash in is gone.

From a football point of view it probably means he'll be here next season which is brilliant. To be honest, although he's got the game intelligence to go up a level, I think he still has some improving to do as far as handling more physical strikers goes. That's something he can definitely develop here.

On 10/01/2023 at 18:39, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm sure Shinnie will give the 'enforcer' a warm welcome next week...

"Welcome"

(Turns around and kicks the ball directly into his own net)

Edited by DC92

It'd be interesting to know what the behind-the-scenes thoughts for next season are. There's now absolutely no excuse for not finishing third again this year, and the fact that we can say that so early on having come through the fixture congestion and injuries that we've had (and still have) speaks volumes for where we are in relation to the other non-OF clubs.

Knocking Hibs out is important, not just for obvious reasons, but if anyone is going to win the cup and take the group stage fitba from us, it's important it's not a genuine strategic rival. Hibs or Aberdeen getting the cash we're after would be a competitive irritation. Killie or Motherwell getting it wouldn't really matter too much in the medium term. But avoid defeat at Livi and we can probably start focussing on the cup, if we can get by Hibs.

We should now be looking at doing what Celtic manfestly failed to do in their NIAR era, and that is starting to plan on the basis of assumed success. We should be aiming to set a timescale to get out of a Conference League group, be it three years or five years. With the level of finance we have from full houses every week, FoH, and hopefully more European money to come, we should now be looking towards an assumption of European fitba and focussing on that as where we develop the club.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

With the level of finance we have from full houses every week, FoH, and hopefully more European money to come, we should now be looking towards an assumption of European fitba and focussing on that as where we develop the club.

It seems that's the way we're headed. Bringing James Anderson on board seems to have ramped everything up. Exciting times.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

It'd be interesting to know what the behind-the-scenes thoughts for next season are. There's now absolutely no excuse for not finishing third again this year, and the fact that we can say that so early on having come through the fixture congestion and injuries that we've had (and still have) speaks volumes for where we are in relation to the other non-OF clubs.

Knocking Hibs out is important, not just for obvious reasons, but if anyone is going to win the cup and take the group stage fitba from us, it's important it's not a genuine strategic rival. Hibs or Aberdeen getting the cash we're after would be a competitive irritation. Killie or Motherwell getting it wouldn't really matter too much in the medium term. But avoid defeat at Livi and we can probably start focussing on the cup, if we can get by Hibs.

We should now be looking at doing what Celtic manfestly failed to do in their NIAR era, and that is starting to plan on the basis of assumed success. We should be aiming to set a timescale to get out of a Conference League group, be it three years or five years. With the level of finance we have from full houses every week, FoH, and hopefully more European money to come, we should now be looking towards an assumption of European fitba and focussing on that as where we develop the club.

Conference League Knockout stages seems like a suitable target to chase

It's not a trivial target where success wouldn't mean much but it's not a far fetched impossible dream either

A bit like St Mirren making the top 6

Well, 3 years of ECL groups guarantees us a club coefficient of 12, assuming 2 wins

Probably good enough for pot 2

It's quite possible that we'll need a squad capable of getting through the last 2 Qualifying rounds, to keep getting 4+ points a season, giving us 20-25, but 16 would be enough

Edited by Craigie Jambo
Clarity

Our club is in such a fantastic position at the moment, it really is brilliant to be a Jambo at the minute, we seem to just keep going from strength to strength and it's exciting to see where we could end up a few seasons down the line if we can continue this constant upwards trajectory. 😀 good times 👍