OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

22 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Keith Downie saying that we are close to agreeing a deal to get Paterson back this month. What a window this is turning into.

Feels like youre a great Summer window away from absolutely cementing 3rd and looking upwards. 

Presumably 3rd this season guarantees you group stage money again? Things can just snowball if youre getting that amount every season.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Feels like youre a great Summer window away from absolutely cementing 3rd and looking upwards. 

Presumably 3rd this season guarantees you group stage money again? Things can just snowball if youre getting that amount every season.

It would if us or one of the Glasgow clubs win the cup, so a pretty strong chance 3rd does it.

If we can get that kind of money for a few seasons it's massive. Allows us to recruit better, which we'll be hoping in turn means we get players that are deemed assets we can get cash in for.

Edited by Tony Wonder

34 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's a bit bittersweet that the squad is improving so much but we still can't see it at its absolute best. Adding Gordon, Boyce, Halkett and Beni to what we have would be tremendous. 

Yeah I sometimes think "oh isn't the squad too big". Then I remember that we have 4 nailed on starters out .....

That said, it'll be hard for them to get back in if we keep up this form!

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Keith Downie saying that we are close to agreeing a deal to get Paterson back this month. What a window this is turning into.

I definitely can't remember us getting this much business done so early in January.

You could argue we won't need anything else after this, although if I'm being hypercritical I still think we lack an experienced CH to cover Halkett. Hill seems more like the type of RCB we wanted to add in the summer to replace Souttar and is a bit of an unknown quantity. If we're going to stick with a 3 I wouldn't say no to bringing in another there and loaning Lewis Neilson to the Championship.

Aside from that, Smith is creaking a bit and Atkinson is out of favour, so maybe a right-wing-back? Does Paterson still have the mobility to play there now that he's bulked up to be an English lower league battering ram?

On Paterson, I've come round to him a bit more. He's been in decent form for Sheffield Wednesday recently and most of their fans seem disappointed to see him go. I'm still not sure he's the same player that left but he'll give 100%, do a job in various positions and offer the aerial presence in both boxes that we've been lacking.

I'd imagine he'll be coming back to be a first pick so it'll be interesting to see what role Neilson has in mind for him.

18 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's a bit bittersweet that the squad is improving so much but we still can't see it at its absolute best. Adding Gordon, Boyce, Halkett and Beni to what we have would be tremendous. 

Surely Beni must be back in the coming weeks?

Also, should Kingsley not have been available against St Mirren on Saturday if he was only out prior to that due to concussion protocol?

21 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

There's your boy Oda announced

It is indeed:

Was rather hoping to keep Calum Paterson until the end of the season and still hoping he does stay for the promotion push . Recently he’s been playing well and he’ll be one of those players that the fans will eventually realise when he’s gone that actually he was a useful player for us and his work rate will be missed. 

Any idea what role he’ll play if he does come back up North?

48 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Surely Beni must be back in the coming weeks?

Also, should Kingsley not have been available against St Mirren on Saturday if he was only out prior to that due to concussion protocol?

It is indeed:

You'd like to hope Beni will be back soonish, but not seen any timescales officially.

Kingsley should be back for Friday apparently

26 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Was rather hoping to keep Calum Paterson until the end of the season and still hoping he does stay for the promotion push . Recently he’s been playing well and he’ll be one of those players that the fans will eventually realise when he’s gone that actually he was a useful player for us and his work rate will be missed. 

No idea, seems to be causing a lot of arguments as well amongst fans :lol:

I can't see him being a forward unless it's as a backup as we have Shankland who's a nailed on starter and Humphrys and Ginnelly have both done well there too. There are a lot of rumours we are going to let Atkinson go which I think would be a shame, but if we do potentially he can go to wing back. Tbh though, I see him kind of doing a bit of everything, like a right sided Halliday. Maybe not the best in any position, but a very handy player to have plugging gaps.

28 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Would just end up being right back again I'd imagine, our main one Smith is getting on a bit and can't run, the other Atkinson just can't defend.

Then again he can be used as striker if need be, but with us signing Kuol (hopefully) and Oda I doubt it.

Going from playing right-back for Hearts to starting up front every week in the EPL, then back to right-back at Hearts by the time he's 28. Has to be one of the weirder career paths.

1 hour ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Huddy.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Was a good player a few years ago.

The other two signings might be decent, even if the boy Hill hasn't played too much football the past year.

He's still only 28 and played regular football pretty much since he left us. I'm not expecting him to suddenly be shite, though I do think he'll be a different type of player.

22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Was a good player a few years ago.

The other two signings might be decent, even if the boy Hill hasn't played too much football the past year.

Yeah you're right, he's no Shay Logan is he