OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

48 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Don’t worry lads, you’ll get “back to winning ways” this weekend. 

I'm going up to this one (Montrose v Falkirk on the way up). Saw Aberdeen last week and they were really bad, but I think they've got enough going forward to quite comfortably take care of Hearts this weekend, as Hearts' back-line is going to be very weak again.

Another defensive injury tonight with Atkinson. Smith possibly fit again to replace him, but that still leaves trouble at centre-half. Should be able to play a proper left-back, but it's not great at the moment. Possibly Cochrane - Kingsley - Neilson - Smith?

I'd fancy Aberdeen to make lots of chances, and they score a lot at home. Can't see them struggling this week.

15 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

I'm going up to this one (Montrose v Falkirk on the way up). Saw Aberdeen last week and they were really bad, but I think they've got enough going forward to quite comfortably take care of Hearts this weekend, as Hearts' back-line is going to be very weak again.

Another defensive injury tonight with Atkinson. Smith possibly fit again to replace him, but that still leaves trouble at centre-half. Should be able to play a proper left-back, but it's not great at the moment. Possibly Cochrane - Kingsley - Neilson - Smith?

I'd fancy Aberdeen to make lots of chances, and they score a lot at home. Can't see them struggling this week.

Love your optimism. 

Enjoy the Montrose game!

15 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

You sound as if you're new to football.

Who made it to Florence then?

Good trip, but not Riga-standard for me. I'm a bit of a snob with these things. The big trips do less for me than the fun wee team trips.

Still, all a good laugh. I've been catching up to the reaction since landing and checking the news etc. Amazed to see how many people (including some of our own supporters) seem surprised that we got our arses handed to us by a Serie A side when we had an entire defence missing.

Were all these people looking at the fixtures when the draw was made saying 'Oh, I fancy Hearts to get a result in Florence'? 😀

Fitba fans are weird.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Who made it to Florence then?

Good trip, but not Riga-standard for me. I'm a bit of a snob with these things. The big trips do less for me than the fun wee team trips.

Still, all a good laugh. I've been catching up to the reaction since landing and checking the news etc. Amazed to see how many people (including some of our own supporters) seem surprised that we got our arses handed to us by a Serie A side when we had an entire defence missing.

Were all these people looking at the fixtures when the draw was made saying 'Oh, I fancy Hearts to get a result in Florence'? 😀

Fitba fans are weird.

The phrase "Empty barrels make the most noise" is very true.

I find myself writing a reply to defend the result and then realise half way through, shit I don't care what these random dafties think.

Got back yesterday,  had a great time. Great city, no one behaved like arseholes and the locals were friendly. The state of the stadium was a bit of an eye opener and it was policed horribly but overall a good trip.

Didn't expect a result, but disappointed in yet again giving away the cheapest of goals. A free header after 4 minutes is basic stuff, but equally their quality seen them expose us more than teams we face on a weekly basis do. Win against RFS and despite a couple of tanking we are pretty much par for what you'd expect in the group.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Got back yesterday,  had a great time. Great city, no one behaved like arseholes and the locals were friendly. The state of the stadium was a bit of an eye opener and it was policed horribly but overall a good trip.

Didn't expect a result, but disappointed in yet again giving away the cheapest of goals. A free header after 4 minutes is basic stuff, but equally their quality seen them expose us more than teams we face on a weekly basis do. Win against RFS and despite a couple of tanking we are pretty much par for what you'd expect in the group.

But you had a good time in a stadium wee guys from Piershill will never see. Aren't you embarassed? 

Another disappointing result on Sunday against Aberdeen 

I appreciate the fact we have lots of injuries, but this isn’t helped when you have consistent under performer in your team like Barry McKay.

He’ll have a half decent game once in a blue moon and some fans wax lyrical about him , then he does f**k all for weeks .

Imo vastly over rated and has been a casual bystander in the team for weeks now 

McKay is inconsistent, and if he wasn't, we wouldn't be able to afford him.

I said back at in the summer that I thought a lot of Hearts fans (and others) were being too optimistic about Hearts' season. We were going to struggle with our schedule even with close to a full squad to choose from. People like to howl about excuses or accuse people of happy-clapping etc, but it's simply absurd to look at what's missing from our team just now and then stick the boot in over a bad run of form.

It's even sillier to do it when some of those bad results have been entirely normal (Rangers) and three others simply the price of having a good season last year (Istanbul and Fiorentina home and away). Would any of our rivals have fared better in our European group, for example? I don't see any case for that.

We lost on Sunday at Pittodrie with A raft of injuries. That's hardly a surprise or a disaster. The only bad result we've had in the league this season is the defeat at Livi.

I'm not Neilson's biggest fan, and I'd not be heartbroken if he were to be offered the Colchester job or something tomorrow, but I don't really understand how anybody can look at the circumstances of what's happening just now and be overly critical of him or the team. I fucking love moaning about Hearts, but I just don't get it just now.

*This isn't aimed at anyone, BTW, just a general vibe of negativity around the support just now. It's completely unnecessary. If you're surprised by recent results, you shouldn't be.

Edited by VincentGuerin

I think it's possible to have some sympathy with Neilson over the current injury situation while also thinking he's incapable of learning from his mistakes.

The thing is, if he grinds out third again then the board will rightly tell him job done. And that still looks more than achievable at this stage.

I think the board are determined to give RN time to get through this period with the heavy-ish schedule and the injuries.

RN has lost most of the fans - the media doesn't seem to have picked up on that yet - the board might not have either - we might see another aeroplane/banner combo at some point

He can keep his job by getting better results - that's unlikely to happen this weekend.

To me, it feels eerily like the last time we let RN go.

14 hours ago, Darren said:

I think it's possible to have some sympathy with Neilson over the current injury situation while also thinking he's incapable of learning from his mistakes.

The thing is, if he grinds out third again then the board will rightly tell him job done. And that still looks more than achievable at this stage.

This is it for me. He's undoubtedly having to perform with one hand tied behind his back just now. However, he chose to start 3 games in a row with 3 Left backs in a back 4 and shipped a shedload of goals without trying anything different. He also refused to make any changes on Sunday when we were visibly shattered which led to us going behind before he acted. It was also him that chose not to start Devlin at home to Fiorentina despite him being our best player in europe, and we were completely overran. No one also forces him to say we are going to attack Fiorentina at Tynecastle and play with a high tempo, only to set up completely the opposite. He should be wise enough to know saying something like that will lead to the crowd being deflated almost immediately when they clock the actual setup.

I genuinely feel for him a bit and he'll not be under any pressure from the board, but he could be helping himself more as well. It all just feels very like the end of Levein's time. Horrible run, horrible luck with injuries, yet the fans keep getting told "we'll improve when we get players back". But that's a mentality that doesn't wash as we could be without them for a long time, the important ones certainly and we need to show a mentality of being able to scrape points out of games, especially when we create chances.

Two sides to that performance last night. The early part was good, but when we conceded you could see miles away that we're a team on a bad run. Very low on confidence and looking a bit low on energy. Well done to the team for getting through it, and that makes it a good performance against Celtic and a win in Europe. Not bad.

Big game coming up on Sunday. Not sure what the news on Kingsley is yet, but that's another big blow.

Yep. Hopefully we have some confidence back after a really solid week. 

I know on SATF pod, Donaldson & Dunsire have made a big thing about not having time between matches to prepare - obviously we have a small squad and don't have the resources of big clubs, but I think there's definitely some learning in here for the management.

Bummer to lose Kingsley, he looked gutted too - could be out for a while. Hopefully though, Sibbick has turned a corner, and he'll probably have some dips but with any luck the fans will be off his back and he's got a bit more confidence.

I wonder who the next target for abuse from our own fanbase will be... 🤔