OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 hour ago, Squonk said:

I was having a bit of fun in response to some of the back and forth, including the ludicrous claim that two of Hearts league titles were somehow devalued because they were won before Aberdeen were formed. Aberdeen's ECWC triumph happened before many current Aberdeen fans were born. Does that make it worthless? Hearts weren't in the ECWC that season so Aberdeen's win was clearly unimpressive?

Also, the gap between Hearts in the Championship in 2021 and Highland League Brora is substantially smaller than the gap between Aberdeen in the Premiership and Darvel of the sixth tier.

😄

Not bothered at all are you .. 

Edited by afc_blockhead

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

When we''ve gone 50 and then 42 years between Scottish Cup wins, get back to us.

When we've gone 61 and then 63 years between League Championships,  get back to us.

When we've gone 60 years between league cup wins, get back to us.

When you've celebrated the 40th anniversary of winning a European trophy, get back to us.

When we go into admin, get back to us.

When we get relegated, get back to us,

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

When you've gone from sacking managers for failing to challenge for the title, to squabbling with fans of yo-yo teams, come back to us.

That's a shit response. The old guy's got you on toast. 

5 hours ago, AJF said:

You must believe so if you are worried that the SFA will try any shit. It's just amusing for you to make it seem as though the SFA would be the ones that are up to something in this instance.

You should know that they can't be trusted

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

When we''ve gone 50 and then 42 years between Scottish Cup wins, get back to us.

When we've gone 61 and then 63 years between League Championships,  get back to us.

When we've gone 60 years between league cup wins, get back to us.

When you've celebrated the 40th anniversary of winning a European trophy, get back to us.

When we go into admin, get back to us.

When we get relegated, get back to us,

Boring pal; how about next season? Oh, also, do you see this user anywhere near   your thread?? Do you even have one?

Gone are the days when it was just the fucken hibbys in here

1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

This pissing contest needs to end...

Reveal hidden contents

You think that offends us? Our team is not named after that

5 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

The announcement team just felt off. I'm still haunted by the Cathro/Levein picks the team days and now this. Technical Director. Fine, but urgh.

Naismith improved us but it wasn't exactly hard to. I could have us, you could have improved us. He did that as a player when he joined on loan but he dropped off a cliff six months into his permanent time after his injury and spent the rest of his time shouting at players in a Snodgrass-lite fashion. Instead of using the full three months to really try and push the boat out and I'd heard in spite of not being big enough, Anderson was willing to open his checkbook for the right one and we still couldn't do that, settling for someone that might be a good manager.

I truly hope it works out but I'm absolutely underwhelmed with nothing to go on but tiny signs of encouragement from a small sample size with lots of conditions and whole of chat to appeal to your Heart's da. For all this talk from Hearts wanting to go beyond third, this absolutely not the appointment that follows through with it.

Maybe I'm fatigued but I think we're doomed to appoint nearly-men/mediocre managers for the rest of my puff. 

I'm fine with it - if it doesn't work out, we replace him, same as everyone else does - I think managerial appointments are largely short term risks these days. 

I think Naismith did fine over those 7 games, and he can improve - anyone expecting him to achieve 3rd starting 5 points behind aiberdeen, who were on a run of great form, were expecting too much, imo. 

7 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

The announcement team just felt off. I'm still haunted by the Cathro/Levein picks the team days and now this. Technical Director. Fine, but urgh.

Naismith improved us but it wasn't exactly hard to. I could have us, you could have improved us. He did that as a player when he joined on loan but he dropped off a cliff six months into his permanent time after his injury and spent the rest of his time shouting at players in a Snodgrass-lite fashion. Instead of using the full three months to really try and push the boat out and I'd heard in spite of not being big enough, Anderson was willing to open his checkbook for the right one and we still couldn't do that, settling for someone that might be a good manager.

I truly hope it works out but I'm absolutely underwhelmed with nothing to go on but tiny signs of encouragement from a small sample size with lots of conditions and whole of chat to appeal to your Heart's da. For all this talk from Hearts wanting to go beyond third, this absolutely not the appointment that follows through with it.

Maybe I'm fatigued but I think we're doomed to appoint nearly-men/mediocre managers for the rest of my puff. 

I wasn't massively down on appointing Naismith because my expectations were low, but I agree the announcement had extremely bad vibes. Unfortunately I can very easily picture it featuring in the first tweet of a viral Twitter thread entitled "Hearts 23/24: The Banter Season".

A couple of early signings might help get things back on track.