OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

23 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is Naismith the manager with Technical Director on his job description?

Heart of Midlothian is delighted to confirm the coaching team of Steven Naismith, Frankie McAvoy and Gordon Forrest will remain at the club to continue to lead our men’s first team.

The trio have signed contracts until the summer of 2025 at Tynecastle Park, with the option of a further year, and will begin work immediately ahead of the first team’s return for pre-season training later this month.

Steven, Frankie and Gordon took charge of first team affairs in April – guiding the Jambos back to European football with a fourth-place finish in the cinch Premiership.

Earning plaudits for playing an enjoyable brand of attacking football, the three will continue their work in Gorgie ahead of another exciting season for the club.

In order to comply with UEFA regulations, with Steven not having the required Pro License qualification, a requirement to manage in European competition, Frankie will be named Head Coach with Steven serving as Technical Director.

Gordon Forrest is named first team coach, whilst Paul Gallacher remains in position as goalkeeping coach.

Chief Executive Andrew McKinlay told the Official Hearts Website: “We are thrilled to confirm Steven, Frankie and Gordon as our coaching team.

“We received a number of excellent applications, and, after a robust recruitment process, we believe the three were the best candidates to lead us into next season while sharing our vision for the club’s future.

“Steven is an outstanding young coach with a strong track record of improving players whilst also displaying a commitment to blooding young talent through the ranks.

“Frankie has vast experience from his time coaching on both sides of the border and possesses an impressive track record of developing talent. Gordon, of course, is very familiar with the club already. He’s an outstanding presence on the training pitch and a very gifted coach.

“I’m sure our supporters will join me in congratulating all three and wishing them every success.”

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We’ve been really impressed with all three of them, there’s a fantastic dynamic there and we believe they’ve earned this opportunity.

“They want to continue playing in a style that the fans like and the players enjoy. I think the performances spoke for themselves; you could tell the players really bought into what they were trying to achieve.

“Steven has had a wonderful playing career and worked towards this for a long time. He’s got a style and identity that I like and agree with. I think we’ll work together well to develop and enhance this team.

“I’ve known Frankie a long time from working together at Hamilton, Norwich and Preston. He brings a wealth of experience and has a history of developing young players who have been sold for millions of pounds. In his time as Academy Director, you can see the influence he’s had already.

“Speak to anyone about Gordon Forrest: and they’ll tell you what a top coach he is. Gordon’s brilliant on the grass, brilliant in taking sessions and that’s been utilised really well. They’re all good foils for each other and bounce ideas around together.

“The aim now is to be as successful as we can be. The first stop is to try and get through the European qualifiers which presents a challenge, but one we believe that we’re capable of rising to.

“The sky’s the limit. The three have shown in a short space of time what good ideas they have. Let’s see how far we can go because we’ve got a great chance to build something really special at Hearts.”

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Heart of Midlothian is delighted to confirm the coaching team of Steven Naismith, Frankie McAvoy and Gordon Forrest will remain at the club to continue to lead our men’s first team.

The trio have signed contracts until the summer of 2025 at Tynecastle Park, with the option of a further year, and will begin work immediately ahead of the first team’s return for pre-season training later this month.

Steven, Frankie and Gordon took charge of first team affairs in April – guiding the Jambos back to European football with a fourth-place finish in the cinch Premiership.

Earning plaudits for playing an enjoyable brand of attacking football, the three will continue their work in Gorgie ahead of another exciting season for the club.

In order to comply with UEFA regulations, with Steven not having the required Pro License qualification, a requirement to manage in European competition, Frankie will be named Head Coach with Steven serving as Technical Director.

Gordon Forrest is named first team coach, whilst Paul Gallacher remains in position as goalkeeping coach.

Chief Executive Andrew McKinlay told the Official Hearts Website: “We are thrilled to confirm Steven, Frankie and Gordon as our coaching team.

“We received a number of excellent applications, and, after a robust recruitment process, we believe the three were the best candidates to lead us into next season while sharing our vision for the club’s future.

“Steven is an outstanding young coach with a strong track record of improving players whilst also displaying a commitment to blooding young talent through the ranks.

“Frankie has vast experience from his time coaching on both sides of the border and possesses an impressive track record of developing talent. Gordon, of course, is very familiar with the club already. He’s an outstanding presence on the training pitch and a very gifted coach.

“I’m sure our supporters will join me in congratulating all three and wishing them every success.”

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We’ve been really impressed with all three of them, there’s a fantastic dynamic there and we believe they’ve earned this opportunity.

“They want to continue playing in a style that the fans like and the players enjoy. I think the performances spoke for themselves; you could tell the players really bought into what they were trying to achieve.

“Steven has had a wonderful playing career and worked towards this for a long time. He’s got a style and identity that I like and agree with. I think we’ll work together well to develop and enhance this team.

“I’ve known Frankie a long time from working together at Hamilton, Norwich and Preston. He brings a wealth of experience and has a history of developing young players who have been sold for millions of pounds. In his time as Academy Director, you can see the influence he’s had already.

“Speak to anyone about Gordon Forrest: and they’ll tell you what a top coach he is. Gordon’s brilliant on the grass, brilliant in taking sessions and that’s been utilised really well. They’re all good foils for each other and bounce ideas around together.

“The aim now is to be as successful as we can be. The first stop is to try and get through the European qualifiers which presents a challenge, but one we believe that we’re capable of rising to.

“The sky’s the limit. The three have shown in a short space of time what good ideas they have. Let’s see how far we can go because we’ve got a great chance to build something really special at Hearts.”

bookmarked

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Is Chief Executive Andrew McKinlay allowed to call Steven Naismith "an outstanding young coach"?

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Is Chief Executive Andrew McKinlay allowed to call Steven Naismith "an outstanding young coach"?

Naismith is 36

According to his linkedin profile McKinlay was at University of Glasgow in the early 90s at the same time as me

So yes  he, and I, can  

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Naismith is 36

According to his linkedin profile McKinlay was at University of Glasgow in the early 90s at the same time as me

So yes  he, and I, can  

He'd best keep that quiet from UEFA then.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He'd best keep that quiet from UEFA then.

Why? There's nothing stopping him being a coach.

We'd have pay a healthy premium for him to be head coach, but thankfully technical director carries no such penalties.

F**king hate Naismith. A thug both on and off the pitch.

However, I have no doubt that he's well suited for Hearts "hard to break down" ethos and will likely do a stern job for them.

Which just makes me hate the twat even more.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Why? There's nothing stopping him being a coach.

We'd have pay a healthy premium for him to be head coach, but thankfully technical director carries no such penalties.

So should Mr McKinlay not be referring to him as "an outstanding young technical director"?

Unfortunately the Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen jobs just aren't as attractive as they should be. The pay isn't great and the minimum criteria for success (finishing 3rd) also happens to be a ceiling. If you look at their appointments over the last couple of decades (with the exception of the Romanov years at Hearts) it's near enough 100% rookies, rejects from England, and guys who did alright at smaller Scottish clubs, because that's all they can get.

Naismith doesn't excite me but none of the other realistic candidates did either. "2 wins in 7" is fair enough, but he also had 1 defeat in his last 6 (against Celtic, with 10 men) in a tough run of fixtures and the performances in the home games (with 11 men) were probably a step up from anything we'd seen under Neilson all season. That improvement could be new technical director bounce, or it could be because he has something about him. f**k knows.

It'll be interesting how the coaching structure works in practice. What happens when some journo starts asking awkward questions about it at press conferences?