OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

15 minutes ago, AndyM said:

the Glasgow one is so diminished with the 800 away fans in a 50/60 thousand seater stadium 

Its worse than that, I think they are now at zero away fans, what a shitshow.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

You can do what you like with the weegies as Hearts and Hibs fans rarely travel in numbers these days to league fixtures in Glasgow as we get a tiny allocation but I can't see any reason in dicking about with the away allocations in the Edinburgh Derby. Both sides hand each other 3000 tickets and it results in a tremendous noisy atmosphere. 

100% this. The atmosphere at both grounds for the Edinburgh derby is always brilliant - no way anyone should be dicking about with that.

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

You can do what you like with the weegies as Hearts and Hibs fans rarely travel in numbers these days to league fixtures in Glasgow as we get a tiny allocation but I can't see any reason in dicking about with the away allocations in the Edinburgh Derby. Both sides hand each other 3000 tickets and it results in a tremendous noisy atmosphere.  The marches to the stadiums from the away fans are excellent spectacle and the fixture as a whole really is a selling point of the league.   It's also the only true big city derby IMHO in the league as the Glasgow one is so diminished with the 800 away fans in a 50/60 thousand seater stadium and that's not mentioning the tedious sectarian slop which turns off anyone with an IQ larger than their shoe size 

I can fully appreciate that, but playing the devil's advocate here.  Four out of every five Hearts season ticket holders do not go to Easter Road. They will not be affected by any tit-for-tat allocation reduction by Hibs FC.  The loyalty point system which I completely support, ensures that only the most loyal season ticket holders that go to loads of away games, have any chance of a ticket for Easter Road.  I expect the most vocal supporters of continuing the 3,000 allocation are regular attendees in the away support at derbies.

Hearts fans are being refused the opportunity to buy a full season ticket to ensure 3,000  fans can visit Tynecastle/Easter Road twice a year at most.

I would hate to lose the amazing derby atmosphere, but I also have sympathy for all the Hearts fans that have to make way for the visit of Hibs.     

Tynecastle needs to have it's capacity increased. 

42 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I can fully appreciate that, but playing the devil's advocate here.  Four out of every five Hearts season ticket holders do not go to Easter Road. They will not be affected by any tit-for-tat allocation reduction by Hibs FC.  The loyalty point system which I completely support, ensures that only the most loyal season ticket holders that go to loads of away games, have any chance of a ticket for Easter Road.  I expect the most vocal supporters of continuing the 3,000 allocation are regular attendees in the away support at derbies.

Hearts fans are being refused the opportunity to buy a full season ticket to ensure 3,000  fans can visit Tynecastle/Easter Road twice a year at most.

I would hate to lose the amazing derby atmosphere, but I also have sympathy for all the Hearts fans that have to make way for the visit of Hibs.     

This sums it up pretty well. I fully agree I think full ends adds to the spectacle and makes it much more enjoyable. However, people saying we should cut Hibs allocation aren't doing so in a "let's cut them out" type way that's happening in Glasgow. It's because potentially a significant number of ST holders will be locked out of home derbies.

15 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's because potentially a significant number of ST holders will be locked out of home derbies

They are not being "locked  out", their season ticket has been sold on the basis that it doesnt include derbies, and (I think) may also exclude them from the guaranteed ability to buy that specific seat for cup matches.

The price of their ticket reflects this, it is cheaper than the equivalent seat at the Gorgie Rd end.

Any reduction in tickets for Hibs could be a bit of a pyrrhic victory and I personally know home and away hearts fans who dont want this to happen.

Edited by Leith Green

13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

They are not being "locked  out", their season ticket has been sold on the basis that it doesnt include derbies, and (I think) may also exclude them from the guaranteed ability to buy that specific seat for cup matches.

The price of their ticket reflects this, it is cheaper than the equivalent seat at the Gorgie Rd end.

Any reduction in tickets for Hibs could be a bit of a pyrrhic victory and I personally know home and away hearts fans who dont want this to happen.

But they are flat out being denied the chance to buy ST's for these games. I'm pretty sure those forking out would rather be at the game and the ST isn't just Cat B as they get Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen games. So it is a choice to deny Hearts fans tickets they want to buy, I can see why people see that as a poor business plan from us. 

I'm not saying cut Hibs allocation, I'm saying I have sympathy with the argument we shouldn't be turning away our own fans in significant numbers.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

Is there scope for that? Could you fill in the corners to add capacity?

Have heard Hibs fans talk about this at ER but 21000 is as much as we need for now.

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

Is there scope for that? Could you fill in the corners to add capacity?

Have heard Hibs fans talk about this at ER but 21000 is as much as we need for now.

Those big columns of steel at each corner are currently holding up the roof so  you'd need to  reengineer the supports for most of the roofs it's possible but it would be expensive. 

The corner pillar design would have been chosen because the site was so tight there wasn't much room to have cantilevered steel hanging out the back  like at Easter Road. In fact there wasn't even enough room for all the blocks in the Gorgie Road stand to go all the way back

There's a little bit more space now but you're still going to have to do something like a suspension bridge design as Chelsea did with the Mathew Harding Stand

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Seems an odd way to do things, get rid of a manager who had the badges to be one, replace him with someone who doesn't, only to need to appoint someone else after 5 games.

If someone can explain to me, without using the words “anti-Catholic sectarianism” or “h*ns without the bus fare”, why Hearts fans are buzzing with an appointment of a caretaker manager who won two out of seven games, I’d be all ears.

Just now, HibsFan said:

If someone can explain to me, without using the words “anti-Catholic sectarianism” or “h*ns without the bus fare”, why Hearts fans are buzzing with an appointment of a caretaker manager who won two out of seven games, I’d be all ears.

It's not for you to worry about. You concentrate on wee Lee.

Steven Naismith has led Hearts to a 4-game unbeaten run in the Scottish Premiership. At 36 years old, he's the youngest manager technical director in the league.

Hearts won't pay a £22,000 fine each time they play because he's the technical director and you can't prove otherwise.