OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

On 25/05/2023 at 13:06, kingjoey said:

If Hearts end up fourth, and Caley win the cup, Hearts would have to get through the third qualifying round then the play off round before getting to the group stages. If they're fifth it's an extra qualifying round.

No, if ICT win the cup, 4th in the league start in the 2nd round of the ECL, having to win 3 ties to get to the Group Stages

5th gets f**k all

3 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

No, if ICT win the cup, 4th in the league start in the 2nd round of the ECL, having to win 3 ties to get to the Group Stages

5th gets f**k all

I sometimes* spout a load of pish.

*quite often**

**always

On 28/05/2023 at 20:32, lennyzer0 said:

If only you'd backed him for, oh I don't know, another two or three games.

Damn that Aberdeen board and their devil-may-care, taking-action-before-it's-too-late approach to football management.

It was a bit of a Ha Ha with Aberdeen keeping Goodwin for so long but then a bit of a Ha Ha Ha with Hearts keeping Neilson even longer.

Looking at this seasons attendance chart I think it's very clear that we have to start thinking about adding capacity to our stadium. A sure sign of this is visiting fans regularly complaining that they cannot get a big enough ticket allocation due to all other seats selling out to home fans.

Hopefully the club are looking at possibly replacing or extending the Wheatfield stand at some point, although I know there are a few major barriers to cross before getting there.

image.png.aea497ee5a67c0556aca2e73c0a0af03.png

9 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I know there are a few major barriers to cross before getting there

Dont you just need to buy a strip of land from the distillery - same kinda width as that small car park you already own - then you have the space to make a deeper stand (with, presumably, another tier)?

Or is that too simplistic?

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Dont you just need to buy a strip of land from the distillery - same kinda width as that small car park you already own - then you have the space to make a deeper stand (with, presumably, another tier)?

Or is that too simplistic?

Bit simplistic I think. Because of the placing of the ethanol tanks we wouldn't currently get permission for a bigger capacity and it means buying just a piece of the distillery wouldn't solve much.

They have said they are open to moving the tanks if we pay for it, but that's a good few million. Maybe worth it if we could find a way to make it acceptable financially but it'd be a big outlay of money for not a massive increase in capacity I think.

57 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Looking at this seasons attendance chart I think it's very clear that we have to start thinking about adding capacity to our stadium. A sure sign of this is visiting fans regularly complaining that they cannot get a big enough ticket allocation due to all other seats selling out to home fans.

Hopefully the club are looking at possibly replacing or extending the Wheatfield stand at some point, although I know there are a few major barriers to cross before getting there.

image.png.aea497ee5a67c0556aca2e73c0a0af03.png

Goes to show how Dundee United are something of a unique size of club in Scottish Football, approx 1.5x the size of Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren, but only approx 3/5 the size of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, operating with crowds 2.5/3 x their nearest competitors, rarely seem to leverage that advantage to lockdown the 3rd to 5th league placings, which they really should be doing every season.

Perhaps the relative quality of player at the lower end, is less sensitive to salary? 

24 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Goes to show how Dundee United are something of a unique size of club in Scottish Football, approx 1.5x the size of Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren, but only approx 3/5 the size of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, operating with crowds 2.5/3 x their nearest competitors, rarely seem to leverage that advantage to lockdown the 3rd to 5th league placings, which they really should be doing every season.

There are a lot of similar sized clubs outside the big 5* and in any given season you'd normally expect one or two of them to be punching above their weight over 38 games

A frustration built in to following Hearts (that Hibs and Aberdeen must share) is that there's far more chances to be on the wrong end of a David and Goliath story than to be on the right end

Spoiler

* Or Big 2 and medium sized 3, if you prefer

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Bit simplistic I think. Because of the placing of the ethanol tanks we wouldn't currently get permission for a bigger capacity and it means buying just a piece of the distillery wouldn't solve much.

They have said they are open to moving the tanks if we pay for it, but that's a good few million. Maybe worth it if we could find a way to make it acceptable financially but it'd be a big outlay of money for not a massive increase in capacity I think.

High twenty five thousand mark would be attainable

1 minute ago, Craigie Jambo said:

High twenty five thousand mark would be attainable

If James Anderson is still on the Hearts board at the time these decisions are being made, I have a feeling that the new capacity could be higher.  He's constantly preaching to the other directors to think bigger when it comes to the clubs ambitions.

44 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

If James Anderson is still on the Hearts board at the time these decisions are being made, I have a feeling that the new capacity could be higher.  He's constantly preaching to the other directors to think bigger when it comes to the clubs ambitions.

Well if we haven't got a sliding roof and disco lights by 2030 I'm going to be furious

7 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Seeing the increase in support pretty much across the whole league is really good to see. 

As is the decrease in Rangers', however small.

9 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Perhaps the relative quality of player at the lower end, is less sensitive to salary? 

This. Hearts, Hibs and Dons are huge underachievers. That's about it.

Sad to see the likes of Killie, Livi and St MIrren with so small supports while most of the locals no doubt head to Glasgow for one of the Ugly Sisters.

So, next season, 4th place goes into the EL 2nd round and will parachute into the ECL if they don't win, at the next round of that

So, reaching the play-off round will guarantee GS in the ECL

4 more places in the Group Stages of all three competitions

'Cifuentes has spent the majority of his managerial career thus far in Scandinavia. He is currently the head coach at Hammarby in the Swedish top flight. He finished third in the 2022 campaign, his first in charge, but is struggling midway through his second season with the team sitting in eleventh place.'

Hmm../