OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

It might help the atmosphere in the dressing room but it won't fix the fact most of the rest of our midfield is shite, unfit or crocked.

On the plus side, losing Snodgrass (and Neison) means we might see Grant in his proper position in central midfield where, if he's had his diving antics knocked out of him, he's looked decent in flashes this season.

We night even see if Finlay Pollock can make the step up - he's never looked out of place in the few chances he was given by RN.

If Snodgrass is/was an issue, it's interesting that it's taken sacking the manager for him to go. It seems pretty significant if it's more than just rotating out of the team.

Having delved a bit into the filth that is JKB I suspect there is more than a grain of truth in allegations around RN's poor man management and if combined with difficult characters it can make for a toxic situation .

I still have high hopes for this squad, particularly the unity shown after the last ER Derby 🤞

16 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I’m enjoying the daily no mark in Scottish football saying in the papers the board shat it. 

And yet, on day one of Naismith's tenure, he removes a trouble-maker from the dressing room - why couldn't Neilson have done that?

Was it maybe Neilson who shat it from making a difficult decision?

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

And yet, on day one of Naismith's tenure, he removes a trouble-maker from the dressing room - why couldn't Neilson have done that?

Was it maybe Neilson who shat it from making a difficult decision?

The CEO, on behalf of the board, discussed how it was a difficult decision to sack Neilson. I'd have thought that was the opposite of having shat it...

19 minutes ago, Darren said:

The CEO, on behalf of the board, discussed how it was a difficult decision to sack Neilson. I'd have thought that was the opposite of having shat it...

It shouldn't be that hard for media types to see that Neilson was blowing third place, which would mean the club missing out on a lot of cash.

If Neilson had stayed, I'd be surprised if we'd have gained a maximum of 5 points from the remaining 7 games, if that.

We weren't going to finish 4th or 5th, never mind 3rd,

As great as the pressure from the fans was, money talks.

It don't sing and dance, etc...

Edited to add - Naismith might not end up doing any better, but we might have given ourselves a chance by acting now.

Edited by paranoid android

Can anyone make out the actual reason for axing Snodgrass from this word salad?

A suspension, questions about Snoddy make Naismith’s job harder, felt it was best that he isn’t around for no other reason than making Naismith’s job easier… what the f**k haha

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

A suspension, questions about Snoddy make Naismith’s job harder, felt it was best that he isn’t around for no other reason than making Naismith’s job easier… what the f**k haha

No sure what the confusion is? Very opening line is "Snoddy is not going to be involved ". He means going forward, not for the weekend.

So it's easier to let him go early and focus on the players there rather than have him part of the group and having to answer questions about his future going forward.

20 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

No sure what the confusion is? Very opening line is "Snoddy is not going to be involved ". He means going forward, not for the weekend.

So it's easier to let him go early and focus on the players there rather than have him part of the group and having to answer questions about his future going forward.

Aye, it's abundantly clear that Snodgrass isn't going to be involved going forward, I was meaning that the reasons why are not clear at all. He mentioned his suspension and then went on to say him not being involved makes his job easier but doesn't explain why he is not going to be involved and just waffles really.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think you're right about the point he's trying to make, but it is a bit of a waffle and the repetition of "the decision's been made" introduces some ambiguity as to who actually made the decision.

I think it's pretty obvious that there are non-football reasons at play that Naismith doesn't want to get into.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

The Celtic fans in the replies.

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I hadn’t noticed that 😂 Jesus.

I don’t envy Naismith making that decision as it’s clearly a tough choice especially when he has likely had a long personal relationship with Snodgrass via the Scotland national side. But yeah, it’s cos he hates Celtic is the reason!

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Aye, it's abundantly clear that Snodgrass isn't going to be involved going forward, I was meaning that the reasons why are not clear at all. He mentioned his suspension and then went on to say him not being involved makes his job easier but doesn't explain why he is not going to be involved and just waffles really.

Sorry, misunderstood. 

Reasons are obviously behind closed doors and he doesn't want to divulge as he maybe doesn't want to chuck Snodgrass under the bus. Just want to say he won't be involved and not give anymore so does end up waffling a bit.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

'Snoddy is not going to be involved'.

Hard to think how that could be seen as even slightly confusing.

41 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Sorry, misunderstood. 

Reasons are obviously behind closed doors and he doesn't want to divulge as he maybe doesn't want to chuck Snodgrass under the bus. Just want to say he won't be involved and not give anymore so does end up waffling a bit.

Oh aye, I misunderstood too.

What Tony said, though.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Theyre honestly the weirdest bunch of supporters on Twitter.

The odd decent one but in general just a bunch of paranoid messes that think literally everything is about them. The Lintchenko boy who seems to be spending hours every day this week watching every Celtic/Rangers game to highlight wee pushes is right up there as one of the strangest people on twitter.