OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Yes absolutely.  The group stage stuff this season created a demand and it was effectively the only way to guarantee a ticket. 

No danger we sell 16k ST's if we finish 5th this year and Robbie was still in charge. 

Wasn't the narrative that biscuits was using a couple of months ago.

On 16/02/2023 at 18:33, Elixir said:

Waiting list for season tickets now up to 3,500 - meaning we could have 19,000 season ticket holders if Tynecastle's capacity permitted it. There is absolutely no doubt that Tynecastle is not going to be big enough for us over the next 10-20+ years if we continue to be relatively successful, especially when you also take into account the continued population growth of Edinburgh and the Lothians. We should be actively looking at solutions to this now, not at some point in the future.

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I did initially think you meant him, but now I'm even more confused 😅

What about him? What was he using? 

Apologies if I'm being thick here.

On sportsound jizzing about how massive hearts are, how loaded hearts are and how not 1 Aberdeen player makes it into the hearts team. You get the jist. Basically everyone else just playing for 4th for eternity.

43 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

On sportsound jizzing about how massive hearts are, how loaded hearts are and how not 1 Aberdeen player makes it into the hearts team. You get the jist. Basically everyone else just playing for 4th for eternity.

Ah right, got you. 

The issue with that though is Biscuits is an idiot.

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Kingsleys interview in the paper suggests a dressing room split. Would explain why they pulled the trigger so soon .

I missed it - I have heard rumours of stuff not being great behind the scenes but that seems to contrast strongly with some of the togetherness we saw earlier in the season?

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Ah right, got you. 

The issue with that though is Biscuits is an idiot.

With a horrendous accent & Joe Pasquale voice, which when you add the verbal diarrhoea he spouts, makes him utterly unlistenable.

His opinion that Duk is not good enough for Hearts starting X1 shows how much that p***k knows about football. 

2 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Kingsleys interview in the paper suggests a dressing room split. Would explain why they pulled the trigger so soon .

Either that or Ann heard I had the princely  sum of twa pints on third wi some sheepshagger.

54 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I missed it - I have heard rumours of stuff not being great behind the scenes but that seems to contrast strongly with some of the togetherness we saw earlier in the season?

I heard (not from an irrefutable source) that Cochrane gave a bit back to the bench at some point, and has found himself on the bench since.

I know Cochrane has had a wee injury niggle, and his form has dropped off a bit, but we do know that RN can be stubborn - it would be just like him to keep players on the sidelines to make a point - Leveinesque. 

I would hope that one of the advantages of Naismith taking charge (if it's him) could be that he will have seen and heard things that need to be changed. 

Edited by paranoid android

Firstly would like to commend the club for coming to the right decision of getting rid of Neilson, it's never nice when someone has to lose their job and I don't wish him any bad will but the guy just didn't have a clue, the football was atrocious and he just did not have a plan b when things were going south, Also like others have said we already have more losses now with 7 games left than we did in the entirety of last season, we were clearly going backwards and it just seems as if he was too stubborn in certain situations i.e formation, style and favourite players to truly turn things around.

Now that it's done I feel a great weight has been lifted and am feeling more positive about the future, in terms of a new manager I am happy to see a Naismith or a Locke (maybe both) take the club until the end of the season and see what happens, I geniunely think they can't do any worse than if we had stuck with Robbie.

once we get to the summer we need to take our time and sound out a top manager who is tactically switched on and has more than just a plan a, hopefully someone who focuses and brings a style that instills confidence in our best attributes and does not worry about the opposition. Would love to see the club be ambitious and maybe go for someone like an AVB (andre villas boas) or someone left field like that. 

2 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Would love to see the club be ambitious and maybe go for someone like an AVB (andre villas boas) or someone left field like that. 

The guy who 5 years ago was the 5th highest paid manager on the planet, and whos last contract had a yearly wage, before bonuses, of £6m?

You think thats even remotely realistic?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The guy who 5 years ago was the 5th highest paid manager on the planet, and whos last contract had a yearly wage, before bonuses, of £6m?

It was tounge in cheek tbh, it's very unlikely (the guy does love scotland though) but that's why I said someone like avb, not meaning avb exactly, I guess i would just like to see an ambitious appointment made, aim for the highest that we can get etc,  if we get knocked back then fair enough, but at least try to get someone of a high calibre.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would enjoy hearing that phonecall. 

“hello Andre, I’m phoning from a club that considers itself clearly the third best team in the Scottish premiership…” 

“Right ok, strange claim to fame but can you give me the last 5 league placings?”

”well, I’ll give you two. Third and FIRST!” 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Would enjoy hearing that phonecall. 

“hello Andre, I’m phoning from a club that considers itself clearly the third best team in the Scottish premiership…” 

“Right ok, strange claim to fame but can you give me the last 5 league placings?”

”well, I’ll give you two. Third and FIRST!” 

He wouldnt even pick up the phone. His agent wouldve laughed it off before then.