OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Robbie Neilson wins the Manager of the month award for January 

Which seems fair enough 

The only other undefeated teams were Rangers and Celtic both of whom failed to win the old firm game

Amazing how much better he seems once we got a few weeks without having to play Rangers, Celtic, and Fiorentina.

Outstanding January, to be fair.

Given today's results, third will almost surely be guaranteed to hoover up the Europa League play-off spot again, and Conference League group stages as a fall back. If the Old Firm don't win the Scottish Cup this season, then it will be us.

Waiting list for season tickets now up to 3,500 - meaning we could have 19,000 season ticket holders if Tynecastle's capacity permitted it. There is absolutely no doubt that Tynecastle is not going to be big enough for us over the next 10-20+ years if we continue to be relatively successful, especially when you also take into account the continued population growth of Edinburgh and the Lothians. We should be actively looking at solutions to this now, not at some point in the future.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

There is absolutely no doubt that Tynecastle is not going to be big enough for us over the next 10-20+ years if we continue to be relatively successful, especially when you also take into account the continued population growth of Edinburgh and the Lothians

Safe standing, with an increased ratio of people would be one way of getting more capacity, though the stands would need to support it structurally and in terms of row depth.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Braga 0-4 Fiorentina.

Maybe some people were getting a bit overexcited about our results against them.

It helps when you are playing against 10 men for 40 minutes though.

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Game was over at half time.  Just as any other game that never included a pap team from Riga and just like any time you boys drop you knickers to Rangers these days.

Yes it was, because they're a quality team. Getting pumped with no defenders available didn't turn out to be a sign that we were doomed this season or that Neilson should have been punted though did it?

The pap team from Riga were better than Hibs.

Edited by DC92

11 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Yes it was, because they're a quality team. Getting pumped with no defenders available didn't turn out to be a sign that we were doomed this season or that Neilson should have been punted though did it?

The pap team from Riga were better than Hibs.

Always an excuse when you boys lose tbh.  Each and every pumping.

No they aren't, and we are pretty shite by all accounts.   To be fair to the Riga minnows they never got smashed every game by half time off the other two in the group though and they had pretty significant injuries to their best players also.  :) didn't they draw in Florence?  You guys won the singing though ;) 

Edited by Hoose Rice

20 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You guys won the singing though ;) 

Something you guys could maybe aspire to in the next derby, before attempting the next step of actually scoring a goal. ;) 

44 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Always an excuse when you boys lose tbh.  Each and every pumping.

No they aren't, and we are pretty shite by all accounts. 

Some people at the time were getting a bit excited about us finishing bottom 6 or maybe even being relegation contenders. Some were claiming Neilson was in sacking territory. That includes plenty of Hearts fans.

I think those conclusions were flawed because the teams we were playing were actually quite good and our defence was always likely to improve when at least one of our better centre-halves returned. You say that's an excuse, I'd say it's been proven emphatically correct through all subsequent evidence.

As for RFS, would Hibs have drawn in Florence, or against Basaksehir with 10 men, or got a creditable 2-1 defeat at Tynecastle? I'm not so sure.

Edited by DC92

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Some were claiming Neilson was in sacking territory. That includes plenty of Hearts fans.

I think those conclusions were flawed because the teams we were playing were actually quite good 

☝️☝️ Agree 

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

As for RFS, would Hibs have drawn in Florence, or against Basaksehir with 10 men, or got a creditable 2-1 defeat at Tynecastle? I'm not so sure.

☝️Such a wierd anomaly that they got results against both the better teams in the group, yet we were the only team to beat them twice.

10 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Some people at the time were getting a bit excited about us finishing bottom 6 or maybe even being relegation contenders. Some were claiming Neilson was in sacking territory. That includes plenty of Hearts fans.

I think those conclusions were flawed because the teams we were playing were actually quite good and our defence was always likely to improve when at least one of our better centre-halves returned. You say that's an excuse, I'd say it's been proven emphatically correct through all subsequent evidence.

Ah ok.  For me Neilsons doing a great job for you boys weird your fans want him out sometimes.

Not sure, but they are still a pap football team.  Would be confident of beating them.