OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

So, confirmation today that Halkett is out for the season (Cruciate). Almost definitely I think we'll be looking for a right footed CB as cover. I think Sibbick and Rowles work well together but they are still young and also we're then only a couple of bad knocks from a Neilson - Darge - Smith back three....

I know he's on loan at Shrewsbury, and did divide support to an extent, but I'd take Taylor Moore back - obviously has a lot of affection for the club (his social media avi is still him in one of our kits), and would get integrate well into the squad?

Edited by Stylish Kid

Considering the available cover, this is an even bigger miss than Gordon imo. Nobody else performs the same role.

We need an experienced, commanding CB imo. I don't think that's Taylor Moore.

8 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yeah, some old hand who's available on a free/early release.... No-one comes to mind, but I expect Neilson and Savage have some irons in the fire regardless.

Definitely won't be an easy thing to find in the middle of the season.

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

So, confirmation today that Halkett is out for the season (Cruciate). Almost definitely I think we'll be looking for a right footed CB as cover. I think Sibbick and Rowles work well together but they are still young and also we're then only a couple of bad knocks from a Neilson - Darge - Smith back three....

I know he's on loan at Shrewsbury, and did divide support to an extent, but I'd take Taylor Moore back - obviously has a lot of affection for the club (his social media avi is still him in one of our kits), and would get integrate well into the squad?

I appreciate when someone brings up a solution when there's a problem.

Usually it's wah, wah, shitebag this, donkey that, with no solution presented. As you say we definitely need a CB but the solution is not, nor is it ever going to be Taylor Moore, or his ilk. We are better than him now IMO.

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Hmm. So Taylor Moore is a no. How about a player in their 30s, Scottish, top flight experience, Scotland cap, was just owned by Hearts.... Ladies and gentlemen, I present..... Paul Hanlon..  😂😂

If we're looking for 32 year old centre halves playing for lower mid table teams in the Scottish Premiership then Ryan McGowan would be a somewhat more attractive option. 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

46 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Shaughnessy from St Mirren. It was being said that they want rid of him earlier in the season.

5 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

So why the f**k would we want him?

I don't know but we've got consecutive games against St Mirren coming up so we should probably create rumours about their players wanting to sign for us anyway as that seems to work for the Old Firm

Personally I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned that Keanu Baccus had pictures of Rudi Skacel on his wall when he was growing up in Durban

I know it's mid season, but surely an experienced right sided CB as cover is pretty easy to find....

And literally cover - I trust Sibbick/Rowles/Cochrane (although I'd rather the latter was at LWB with Kingsley CB). 

If we were going for a St Mirren CB I'd take Declan Gallagher, but I doubt they'd let him go cheaply as he's definitely first teamer.

Note: I checked the above and saw that apparently Anton Ferdinand is still on their books 😂😂😂

Things are shaping up nicely, but I can't say it's particularly surprising.

Considering the fixtures to come after the World Cup break, I expected us to go third by new year and to be ten points ahead of Hibs after the derby. Only surprise has been Hibs beating Livi.

Time to get the foot down now and hopefully shift focus to the cup.

I definitely want us to bring in a centre half to play on the right, but I think we'll be third even if we don't. With group stage fitba likely again next season, I'd rather keep that in mind and wait for the right player in the summer rather than jump on something now. A loan would do me fine.

Edited by VincentGuerin