OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Not buying this alleged 'mental fatigue' thing -if you're playing two games a week, use the time between games to to recover and work on shape for the next game.

Injuries are causing problems, aye - but Neilson carries the can for the strength of the squad. 

The SPFL always seems to have/need a club/manager in crisis/under pressure - first this season was Alexander, then it was Ross - this could be Neilson's turn.

I hope we're still looking at out-of-contract players. 

Larry David Reaction GIF

It feels like the kind of signing we've moved away from, but I'll take him given the circumstances. It's very hard to know what you're getting with someone that age but he seemed to do well for Luton last season and he's never had any pace to lose.

Regardless of how he does, the fact we're signing a 35 year old after the European deadline is reflective of the struggles we've had recruiting attacking players.

image.png.8306b1bcdd20499a1017061f3a0dfdbf.png

I'd say we're now pretty well covered at goalkeeper, left side of defence and midfield. Still lacking depth on the right side of the defence and lacking dynamism and depth in the attacking areas. Hopefully another right-sided defender to come in and then we can fully focus on improving the attack in January.

12 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Larry David Reaction GIF

It feels like the kind of signing we've moved away from, but I'll take him given the circumstances. It's very hard to know what you're getting with someone that age but he seemed to do well for Luton last season and he's never had any pace to lose.

Regardless of how he does, the fact we're signing a 35 year old after the European deadline is reflective of the struggles we've had recruiting attacking players.

image.png.8306b1bcdd20499a1017061f3a0dfdbf.png

I'd say we're now pretty well covered at goalkeeper, left side of defence and midfield. Still lacking depth on the right side of the defence and lacking dynamism and depth in the attacking areas. Hopefully another right-sided defender to come in and then we can fully focus on improving the attack in January.

I think we obviously weren't going to add two attacking players until Boyce got injured. In that circumstance I think it's a decent signing. He'll be a good influence on the younger guys and not expected to play every week while giving us an extra option.

He done well at Luton last year, the fans loved him and he turned down a new deal so I don't think he's finished. 

Also, while I'd prefer young guys having one or two older heads in the squad is fine IMO as long as we aren't filling the squad with that type of signing like under Levein.

Another sensible thing is it's only a 1 year deal, not 3 or 4.

Edited by Tony Wonder

He's fine. It's another good option that can pick a defensive lock and considering how devoid of ideas we had in last two games it will hopefully mix things up.

I still wish we'd sign someone with pace that can make smart runs in behind a defence. A player like that would thrive with McKay and Snodgrass feeding in those type of direct balls.