OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

18 hours ago, DC92 said:

Are we extracting derby bragging rights over whose stadium has the better hospitality suites now? The gentrification of football has gone too far.

Gentrification will have gone too far when the argument is about who has the better sommelier.  Maybe that is where Ron needs to spend his money?

Stadium wanking is as tedious as comparing crowds - both teams have decent, functional stadiums but claiming Tynecastle is absolutely fantastic deserved to have the push ripped out of it. 

4 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

Gentrification will have gone too far when the argument is about who has the better sommelier.  Maybe that is where Ron needs to spend his money?

Stadium wanking is as tedious as comparing crowds - both teams have decent, functional stadiums but claiming Tynecastle is absolutely fantastic deserved to have the push ripped out of it. 

Not really. It is absolutely fantastic, and frankly Easter Road looks fucking shambolic. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

Tynecastle is vastly superior because I can walk there in under 15 minutes. It takes about an hour to walk to Easter Road which makes it objectively the 3rd best stadium in Scotland (Murrayfield is about 20 minutes)

I get that defensive midfielders aren't very sexy but I feel like it warrants a mention that we've signed Orestis Kiomourtzoglou for £350k from Heracles Almelo after we triggered his relegation release clause.

75 appearances in the Eredivisie over the last 3 years and had the most interceptions in the league in his first year. Werder Bremen, Hannover, Olympiacos and Panathinaikos were credited with interest in him last season before he picked up an injury.

Scottish teams have a mixed record with signings from the Dutch league but he seems promising. I expect he'll be seen as an improvement on Haring.

Hopefully that's the start of a busy week. I reckon we need another defender and 2-3 attackers depending on Boyce's prognosis.

23 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I get that defensive midfielders aren't very sexy but I feel like it warrants a mention that we've signed Orestis Kiomourtzoglou for £350k from Heracles Almelo after we triggered his relegation release clause.

75 appearances in the Eredivisie over the last 3 years and had the most interceptions in the league in his first year. Werder Bremen, Hannover, Olympiacos and Panathinaikos were credited with interest in him last season before he picked up an injury.

Scottish teams have a mixed record with signings from the Dutch league but he seems promising. I expect he'll be seen as an improvement on Haring.

Hopefully that's the start of a busy week. I reckon we need another defender and 2-3 attackers depending on Boyce's prognosis.

Us spending that kind of money isn't that common so it's very interesting. I believe they turned down a lot of money for him last January but we got him on the cheap with a relegation clause. We definitely need more bodies so hopefully he shows up well. Would be tempted to start him on Wednesday. 

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Us spending that kind of money isn't that common so it's very interesting. I believe they turned down a lot of money for him last January but we got him on the cheap with a relegation clause. We definitely need more bodies so hopefully he shows up well. Would be tempted to start him on Wednesday. 

I think he's waiting on a visa so it could be a couple of weeks before we see him. Hopefully he's in by the Basaksehir game.

17 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I think he's waiting on a visa so it could be a couple of weeks before we see him. Hopefully he's in by the Basaksehir game.

I assumed he'd already have that. Ah well, hopefully gets it sorted as soon as possible. 

Given the injuries today we definitely need a couple more in.

48 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Damn. Was hoping to see him make an appearance, for a while at least, against Killie. Damn Brexit... 😡

6 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Boyce has done his ACL then, season over.  Absolutely gutted for him and means we need to move really quickly to get players in.

Rowles reportedly out for 2 months with a broken metatarsal as well.  Pish news.

So, the next two months with none of Boyce, Beni, Rowles.

Gutted about Boyce. His style was going to be important for us in a lot of league games this year. His linking takes the heat off the midfield and buys other players a breather.

Shite.

Terrible news about Boyce. He's a player I've really liked since he was at Ross County, and given the injuries he's had already in his career it's difficult to see him having to come back from another one.

12 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

So, the next two months with none of Boyce, Beni, Rowles.

Gutted about Boyce. His style was going to be important for us in a lot of league games this year. His linking takes the heat off the midfield and buys other players a breather.

Shite.

Yep agree. A lot of our fans had decided he was the fashionable one to get on the back of, I think we'll find out just how important he was to how we play tbh.  

Boyce is really frustrating in front of goal but he's a clever, experienced player and he'll be almost impossible to replace at this notice.

We already needed a couple of forward options so hopefully we're busy before Thursday. Rumours about Joel Nouble don't fill me with hope.

Rowles also looks like a big miss. Gutted we'll be going into the Euro group games so understrength.

8 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Boyce is really frustrating in front of goal but he's a clever, experienced player and he'll be almost impossible to replace at this notice.

We already needed a couple of forward options so hopefully we're busy before Thursday. Rumours about Joel Nouble don't fill me with hope.

Rowles also looks like a big miss. Gutted we'll be going into the Euro group games so understrength.

It's a shame. The club finally get recruitment right for a couple of seasons and it feels like the carpet whipped from under us at a crucial moment.

Only positive to take from this is that Rowles and Beni should be fresh going into the second half of the season, when I expect us to have a bit of ground to make up.

It's a real sickner though.