OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

14 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Sorry to hear of the passing of Legend Drew Busby. My heart is a wee bit broken today. He was a gent of a guy and well loved in Dumbarton. Take care Jambos. 

20220701_120821.jpg

Absolute hero of mine when I was a kid. RIP.

22 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Sorry to hear of the passing of Legend Drew Busby. My heart is a wee bit broken today. He was a gent of a guy and well loved in Dumbarton. Take care Jambos. 

20220701_120821.jpg

Aye, really sad news this morning. I'll miss him dearly.

Before my time, but generally regarded as one of the few highlights for Hearts supporters in a decade where we were in terrible decline after the halcyon days of the fifties and early sixties. Never heard one bad word uttered about the man, but plenty good.

R.I.P Drew.

Never witnessed Drew play but spent many a night in his pub, a really good guy who spoke very fondly of his time at Hearts and Airdrie. I remember going in for a pint after one of our POTY nights when he was sitting having a drink himself and a while later he casually dropped into the conversation that he’d just been inducted into the Airdrie hall of fame that evening, a few years later he was also inducted into the Jambo’s hall of fame! RIP Drew.

This is desperately sad news.  I saw the teenage Drew score Thirds last-ever goal at Boghead, watched him play against the Sons with Airdrie and Hearts and closely followed his career whilst getting to know him personally.

One the hardest, most consistent and value for money Scottish players of the post-war era.  He was a childhood pal and team-mate of Bobby Kerr who captained Sunderland to the 1973 FA Cup.  A decent and very likeable guy taken too soon.

Said elsewhere - testament to the guy that the support still sings about him near 50 years after he signed. Not because he was the best player in the world, but because he left it all on the park every single game. An actual legend.

Just a couple of Buzzbomb stories (possibly exaggerated, but probably true):

Busby's team mate Willie Gibson, who I think was a decent player and goal scorer in a relatively poor team at the time, was getting it tight from the Hearts fans in the shed - Drew didn't appreciate that, so walked up to the shed and got them telt - no-one gave Willie a hard time after that. 

On another occasion, Drew and the late Rab Prentice were supposed to attend a fans event at Tynecastle - the Buzzbomb turned up on time suited and booted happy to meet and chat to the fans, and noticed there was no sign of Prentice, who was never the most organised guy - when Busby heard Rab wasn't coming, he excused himself to make a very quick phone call - Busby came back to say that Rab would be arriving in a taxi asap - I can only imagine Prentice was telt anaw.

A massively respected player and man, by all accounts.

His name was Drew Busby. 

Edited by paranoid android

7 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

That’s us smashed 8 past EF & Spartans that 66/1 for the league is a steal 🤭

Two games in the one day, and two games on consecutive days, all wins… what are the odds on lifting the UEFA Cup? 😄

1 hour ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Boy in the queue for my flight at Glasgow airport has a Hearts top on that looks like an Inter Milan top.  Not seen it before.  Looks great 

13051C29-C020-408C-B043-EFC91B528517.jpeg