OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

34 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Not seen it mentioned anywhere, but apologies if it has been:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-agree-terms-to-sign-kye-rowles-from-central-coast-mariners-3719317

Terms agreed with Rowles.

I also have a couple of wee snippets that we are interested in shopping for another Aussie. Also a defender.

On top of that we are quite hungry, but could only manage half an Indian if we decided to go down that route.

Last one I heard a rumour of our interest in may buck the trend, but won’t be free, man.

😄

Just reading that RN is asking about signing Ben Woodburn as well!

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Just reading that RN is asking about signing Ben Woodburn as well!

Yeah, think it was the Liverpool Echo or something. Who knows… they do see him in training though, so maybe there is something to be nurtured?

Edited by Kyle Reese

4 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Not seen it mentioned anywhere, but apologies if it has been:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-agree-terms-to-sign-kye-rowles-from-central-coast-mariners-3719317

Terms agreed with Rowles.

I also have a couple of wee snippets that we are interested in shopping for another Aussie. Also a defender.

On top of that we are quite hungry, but could only manage half an Indian if we decided to go down that route.

Last one I heard a rumour of our interest in may buck the trend, but won’t be free, man.

😄

Trent Sainsbury, Yan Dhanda and Kieran Freeman?

Very early days, but none of the players linked or signed so far seem to improve the first XI in any significant way.

I hope we're not leaning too much into the Australian market - it's worth looking at but it's a lower quality league and the returns are probably diminishing. Devlin has been a very good addition but I'm not nearly as convinced by Atkinson as everyone else apparently is, and Rowles seems to get more mixed reviews than either of them did.

I also don't see the appeal with Woodburn at all. Ok, there's a bit of talent there, but in the vast majority of his appearances he flitted between anonymous and outright liability. It reminds me of the time Aberdeen signed James Wilson based on his previous reputation at Man United despite an underwhelming loan spell.

Still, it's very early days and usually the more "exciting" moves come towards the latter part of the window. It's just that so far it has a hint of our last pre-Europe transfer window when our first signings were Conor Sammon, Faycal Rherras and Robbie Muirhead. Thankfully we're much better placed now for several reasons.

10 hours ago, DC92 said:

Trent Sainsbury, Yan Dhanda and Kieran Freeman?

Very early days, but none of the players linked or signed so far seem to improve the first XI in any significant way.

I hope we're not leaning too much into the Australian market - it's worth looking at but it's a lower quality league and the returns are probably diminishing. Devlin has been a very good addition but I'm not nearly as convinced by Atkinson as everyone else apparently is, and Rowles seems to get more mixed reviews than either of them did.

I also don't see the appeal with Woodburn at all. Ok, there's a bit of talent there, but in the vast majority of his appearances he flitted between anonymous and outright liability. It reminds me of the time Aberdeen signed James Wilson based on his previous reputation at Man United despite an underwhelming loan spell.

Still, it's very early days and usually the more "exciting" moves come towards the latter part of the window. It's just that so far it has a hint of our last pre-Europe transfer window when our first signings were Conor Sammon, Faycal Rherras and Robbie Muirhead. Thankfully we're much better placed now for several reasons.

Close. All just third hand rumours that I had heard though. 

I just shuddered hard at your last paragraph. 😳

The trauma never quite leaves you. You just force it down deep.

26 minutes ago, clanger165 said:

looks like Hearts Fucked up with the Lewis Neilson Transfer, thought they were getting him for nothing

Seems to be a disagreement over whether a written rather than verbal contract offer has been made by Utd to Lewis N. Should be pretty easy to clear up, I'd have thought.

Edited by lennyzer0

I think it's pretty safe to say United will be right here. Leslie Deans is probably advising Hearts again.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think it's pretty safe to say United will be right here. Leslie Deans is probably advising Hearts again.

Hearts in the market for a house?