OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

I don't think it's at all controversial to say Kingsley and even Halkett have performed at least as well as Souttar this season, but that doesn't mean they're as good or have as much potential. Look at McGinn and McGeouch at Hibs.

The system we play accentuates the positives and mitigates the negatives for each player. Halkett is a good penalty box defender (probably better than Souttar) but he's often poor on the ball and he's weak at 1v1 defending. He's good in the centre of the three but probably wouldn't be great either side. Kingsley is good at the left-sided Souttar role but isn't strong enough or dominant enough in the air to play in the centre of the three or in a two.

The system definitely plays to Souttar's strengths as well, but I'd be comfortable with him playing any of those positions in the three or in the centre of a four and I'd say he's got the right mix of attributes to adapt to a higher level. He's also the youngest and clearly has the most potential, which is why he's attracted interest.

38 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I don't think it's at all controversial to say Kingsley and even Halkett have performed at least as well as Souttar this season, but that doesn't mean they're as good or have as much potential. Look at McGinn and McGeouch at Hibs.

The system we play accentuates the positives and mitigates the negatives for each player. Halkett is a good penalty box defender (probably better than Souttar) but he's often poor on the ball and he's weak at 1v1 defending. He's good in the centre of the three but probably wouldn't be great either side. Kingsley is good at the left-sided Souttar role but isn't strong enough or dominant enough in the air to play in the centre of the three or in a two.

The system definitely plays to Souttar's strengths as well, but I'd be comfortable with him playing any of those positions in the three or in the centre of a four and I'd say he's got the right mix of attributes to adapt to a higher level. He's also the youngest and clearly has the most potential, which is why he's attracted interest.

Both the players you mentioned have hit the ceiling potential level.  Failed elsewhere and decent at the diets.    There's a reason nobody else wants them. 

43 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Yeah, agree with this. It would be transparent and churlish to suggest Souttar isn’t one of our best players, but he benefits greatly from having such a solid base around and behind him. He’s definitely not irreplaceable. I’d rather we had managed to get him signed up, but Savage’s hit rate on players in has been pretty exceptional so far, so I’d actually not be too surprised if we managed to strengthen the whole team with around £400k and the wages saved. That’s if we get anything for him of course. I’ve faith in Smith and Moore too.

Edited by Kyle Reese

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

It's unimaginative and dull. He's moved to a team in the old firm. Complete lack of pizazz. 

I wince when Hibs and hearts players move to those two. Whoever gets a move there is clearly good enough to be playing elsewhere. Look at Henderson and hickey... not at the best teams in Italy, but they're living the dream. 

This is objective truth - if you'd prefer to play football in Glasgow instead of Italy, you're a stupid c**t. 

Duomo > Armadillo 

Chianti classico > Buckfast

Gino D'Acampo > Gordon Ramsay 

Good point. Why on earth would you want to live in Glasgow when you could instead live in *checks notes* Empoli, a literal farmers town??

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

Good point. Why on earth would you want to live in Glasgow when you could instead live in *checks notes* Empoli, a literal farmers town??

Empoli is stunning by the way. Glasgow, not so much. It would depend person to person, but it wouldn’t be a difficult choice for me.

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I thought it might let up with the schools going back, but naw. 

I’ve not been here long, but in the short space of time that I have, I have noticed the Hibs fans on here every bit as weird and obsessed as Hibs.net. Few of them as well. Can’t move on Hearts threads for their awful da patter about “diets” and “charities”. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Empoli is stunning by the way. Glasgow, not so much. It would depend person to person, but it wouldn’t be a difficult choice for me.

It is beautiful. That's why you take a picture of it before going home to an actual city.

Bologna is even worse. It's not difficult to choose between Glasgow and a place named after a pasta dish.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

It is beautiful. That's why you take a picture of it before going home to an actual city.

Bologna is even worse. It's not difficult to choose between Glasgow and a place named after a pasta dish.

Maybe to do with age, or where we are at in our lives, but I wouldn’t have to think for a second given the choice. Fair enough if that’s what you prefer though. 👍

20 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Both the players you mentioned have hit the ceiling potential level.  Failed elsewhere and decent at the diets.    There's a reason nobody else wants them. 

Screenshot_20220115-201706.png

6 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Maybe to do with age, or where we are at in our lives, but I wouldn’t have to think for a second given the choice. Fair enough if that’s what you prefer though. 👍

You're being too reasonable with the Weegie. These photos are irrefutable: 

Bologna

view-tower-bologna-hills.thumb.jpg.304b8eed6073f2fe0a6c85612c2e0dbc.jpg

Glasgow

560097530_HIROSHIMATHUMBNAILIMAGE-TylerBamford-2.jpg.b79433b6527e253c8dc725f1ae2a619e.jpg