OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Fair enough if he didnae want it.

Was it no' the case that he found out he was no longer with us through the media, though? 

He didn't seem as shocked and appalled by that turn of events himself as supporters of other clubs were being on his behalf.

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Again, fair enough - if he didn't give much of a f**k, why should we?

My reading of the situation was that while he found out "officially" along with the rest of us through the media it wouldn't really  have been news to him.

When Stendelball worked it was generally against the better sides who came out and played football against us. We'll never know whether he could have built on that to deal with matches against the kind of teams that populate the championship and the bottom six 

At the time with the board looking at the double impact of Coronavirus, demotion along with the difficulty of recruiting players for a season which we didn't know when, or if, it was going to start it's hardly surprising that they went for the safer option of bringing Neilson back in to do a sequel

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My reading of the situation was that while he found out "officially" along with the rest of us through the media it wouldn't really  have been news to him.

When Stendelball worked it was generally against the better sides who came out and played football against us. We'll never know whether he could have built on that to deal with matches against the kind of teams that populate the championship and the bottom six 

At the time with the board looking at the double impact of Coronavirus, demotion along with the difficulty of recruiting players for a season which we didn't know when, or if, it was going to start it's hardly surprising that they went for the safer option of bringing Neilson back in to do a sequel

I still would have preferred DS to have a bash this season, but it wasn't to be.

Looks like RN will get us up, so he will probably have achieved that goal - beyond that, though, I'm far from convinced. 

Edited by paranoid android

Guest TheJTS98
On 30/03/2021 at 01:55, Empty It said:

Stendel had less than a season to deal with the absolute cluster f**k Levein left, he at very least had us trying to play football. If we had Stendel this season there is no doubt in my mind the league would've been wrapped up in style by now.

Would 100% welcome Stendel back if he'd come back.

On 30/03/2021 at 02:39, paranoid android said:

I would have given him this season. 

On 31/03/2021 at 17:41, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Stendel will always be a 'what if'.

He inherited an absolute shambles, and I think with all the fuss about how last season finished it's easy for some people to dismiss how good a job he did with that in a short spell. If he'd had a goalkeeper, we'd have been fine.

The big turning point was not making more of wiping the floor with St Johnstone in the first half at Perth after we'd beaten Rangers. It was a great 45 minutes and a win there would have been a huge boost. There's also the Accies game at Tynecastle, which we should have won out the park. It's true we had to improve against sides lower down the league, but I think the signs were that was coming.

The main thing for me was that we seemed to actually be developing a style and I am in absolutely no doubt that had he stayed, we'd be going back up in a far better position than we will be in reality.

It's not good to be looking at jumping up a division while not being able to predict what our starting eleven will look like when we get there, or how we'll be playing. This season is a completely wasted opportunity to build.

Edited by TheJTS98

Stendel will always be a 'what if'.
He inherited an absolute shambles, and I think with all the fuss about how last season finished it's easy for some people to dismiss how good a job he did with that in a short spell. If he'd had a goalkeeper, we'd have been fine.
The big turning point was not making more of wiping the floor with St Johnstone in the first half at Perth after we'd beaten Rangers. It was a great 45 minutes and a win there would have been a huge boost. There's also the Accies game at Tynecastle, which we should have won out the park. It's true we had to improve against sides lower down the league, but I think the signs were that was coming.
The main thing for me was that we seemed to actually be developing a style and I am in absolutely no doubt that had he stayed, we'd be going back up in a far better position than we will be in reality.
It's not good to be looking at jumping up a division while not being able to predict what our starting eleven will look like when we get there, or how we'll be playing. This season is a completely wasted opportunity to build.

Not so sold on Stendel and that he’d definitely have got us playing and firing as you describe but in absolute agreement about this season and the probable clear out / rebuild we’ll have again in summer. I think the bulk of our team is probably there, Gordon, smith, Souttar, halkett, Kingsley, Haring, McEneff, Henderson, Ginnelly (hopefully), Gnando and Boyce making up what should be most the starting XI every week. Most the rest we could swap for adequate replacements and I wouldn’t be fussed.
But, we’ll sign 4 wingers who surprise nobody when they’re poor and give a 3 year deal to a 35 year old jobber.