OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

12 hours ago, Leith Green said:

............and the press release isnt complete without yet another bout of "Budgeism"

“The 30th August will be a truly momentous occasion. It is the day we deliver on what we set out to achieve; the day Hearts becomes the largest fan-owned football club in the UK.  So many said it could never be done. Well, together we have done it. Thank you all.  Now, let’s go on to achieve even more.”

Who Ann?

Exactly who said "it could never be done"?

These people for a start 

1F03B0D4-8F8D-4B32-AF4B-460817F00327.thumb.jpeg.aa2d800ee53431d66ceaedb133b8dfea.jpeg

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

These people for a start 

1F03B0D4-8F8D-4B32-AF4B-460817F00327.thumb.jpeg.aa2d800ee53431d66ceaedb133b8dfea.jpeg

Maybe they’re just concerned that the Tesco next to the roseburn bar is highly inadequate for any substantial grocery needs. 

Personally I’d counter by saying that Sainsbury’s next to Murray field should meet their needs but Tesco pricing is more competitive. 

52 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe they’re just concerned that the Tesco next to the roseburn bar is highly inadequate for any substantial grocery needs. 

Personally I’d counter by saying that Sainsbury’s next to Murray field should meet their needs but Tesco pricing is more competitive. 

Sainsbury's is twice as close to Tynie as Roseburn Tesco if you know the shortcut and there's a coop that's closer still

But I  fear we may  be getting sidetracked

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No one likes coop. No one. 

Coop stores in  small towns are invariably  shit. But  in  cosmopolitan Gorgie-Dalry they're perfectly fine. I suspect the same will go for Leith but leave that to  our visiting warrior poets to confirm

Again though, I do fear, we may  be drifting slightly off topic

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Coop stores in  small towns are invariably  shit. But  in  cosmopolitan Gorgie-Dalry they're perfectly fine. I suspect the same will go for Leith but leave that to  our visiting warrior poets to confirm

No sure about Leith but the only decent thing about my local Scotmid is the morning rolls - proving that not everything from Fife is crap.

Their drink selection is pish, Aldi is much better than all of them (of which there is one fairly close to Tynecastle across from Sainsburys).

But, yes thread drift etc................

13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

No sure about Leith but the only decent thing about my local Scotmid is the morning rolls - proving that not everything from Fife is crap.

Their drink selection is pish, Aldi is much better than all of them (of which there is one fairly close to Tynecastle across from Sainsburys).

To keep the thread-a-driftin', I do live close nearby and can confirm that the Easter Road Scotmid is a perfectly decent small supermarket/large convenience store, and the rolls are superior to the ones in the Meadowbank Sainsbury's and Easter Road Lidl, both a short walk away - but if all you're buying is rolls, there's a Bayne's next door, and if I'm doing a big weekly shop, I generally wander over to one of the other two.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

42 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

16 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

To keep the thread-a-driftin', I do live close nearby and can confirm that the Easter Road Scotmid is a perfectly decent small supermarket/large convenience store, and the rolls are superior to the ones in the Meadowbank Sainsbury's and Easter Road Lidl, both a short walk away - but if all you're buying is rolls, there's a Bayne's next door, and if I'm doing a big weekly shop, I generally wander over to one of the other two.

Excellent 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Looks like the Gnanduillet rumours could be true, just seen a photo of Woodburn with the number 9.

Robbie said before the Parkhead game: “We were actually planning to start Armand Gnanduillet today but he’s got a family issue so he misses out."

The rumour heard was that it was a bereavement, which seems plausible

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)