OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Thought of highly enough at Tynecastle, that he was given a new two year contract earlier this year.

Apparently, he played in the pre-season friendly against Arbroath season before last, which I was at, but I can't remember a thing about him, tbh.

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

Thought of highly enough at Tynecastle, that he was given a new two year contract earlier this year.

Apparently, he played in the pre-season friendly against Arbroath season before last, which I was at, but I can't remember a thing about him, tbh.

So potentially 2/5ths as good as Jamie Mole.  Could be some player

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Apparently the 12,000th Season Ticket has been sold.  

Which isn't a record but is, on balance, good news

That's an increase of what, 1500 in a couple of days?  Very happy with that.

28 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Apparently the 12,000th Season Ticket has been sold.  

Which isn't a record but is, on balance, good news

Better than I was expecting, great support all things considered.

Ben Woodburn has agreed to sign on loan from Liverpool until January. He hasn't set the heather alight in his previous loan spells but he was quite impressive in pre-season by all accounts and was on the bench for them at the weekend.

Very much on board with this but also dreading him signing for Rangers in January of he ends up being good.

56 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Ben Woodburn has agreed to sign on loan from Liverpool until January. He hasn't set the heather alight in his previous loan spells but he was quite impressive in pre-season by all accounts and was on the bench for them at the weekend.

Very much on board with this but also dreading him signing for Rangers in January of he ends up being good.

It is better to have loved and lost than to watch 9 at the back again

On 30/07/2021 at 12:09, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that Joe Savage was Head of Recruitment at Preston North End it's probable that he's watched more of Everton U23s in the  last four  years than we have. So I'm inclined to trust his judgement

The  same probably goes for Liverpool U23s  and Blackpool

9 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I see the we're becoming the largest fan-owned football club in the UK on Monday August 30th.

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/date-announced/

Wouldn't it have been smarter for the fans to have bought the club a year ago, when it was originally planned, and when the club would have had a lower projected income - about £8 million lower if some court filings are to be believed - and therefore correspondingly cheaper? You would surely have had more club for the same money, or the same amount of football club for less money.

Not being as properly acquainted with Edinburgh's business management practices as you jambos no doubt are, I'm guessing it must have been worth it to have Ann Budge's rock-steady hand on the tiller during the Covid years, or something...

45 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I see the we're becoming the largest fan-owned football club in the UK on Monday August 30th.

Which is nice

31 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Wouldn't it have been smarter for the fans to have bought the club a year ago, when it was originally planned, and when the club would have had a lower projected income - about £8 million lower if some court filings are to be believed - and therefore correspondingly cheaper? You would surely have had more club for the same money, or the same amount of football club for less money.

Not being as properly acquainted with Edinburgh's business management practices as you jambos no doubt are, I'm guessing it must have been worth it to have Ann Budge's rock-steady hand on the tiller during the Covid years, or something...

short answer;

The price was already set at the start of proceedings so the timing wouldn’t make a difference 

Longer answers are available 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

............and the press release isnt complete without yet another bout of "Budgeism"

“The 30th August will be a truly momentous occasion. It is the day we deliver on what we set out to achieve; the day Hearts becomes the largest fan-owned football club in the UK.  So many said it could never be done. Well, together we have done it. Thank you all.  Now, let’s go on to achieve even more.”

Who Ann?

Exactly who said "it could never be done"?

Answer? Pretty much naebody.

Well done Hearts fans, if nothing else you will at least be rid of that auld daftie and her silly statements.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

............and the press release isnt complete without yet another bout of "Budgeism"

“The 30th August will be a truly momentous occasion. It is the day we deliver on what we set out to achieve; the day Hearts becomes the largest fan-owned football club in the UK.  So many said it could never be done. Well, together we have done it. Thank you all.  Now, let’s go on to achieve even more.”

Who Ann?

Exactly who said "it could never be done"?

Answer? Pretty much naebody.

Well done Hearts fans, if nothing else you will at least be rid of that auld daftie and her silly statements.

We get to do them on rotation now...I'm pencilled in for next ....March!