OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

22 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I'll give you the moron manager and I shall even allow the Euros, but I am absolutely not giving you St Johnstone.😅

The shoehorning of Italy and St Johnstone into the same sentence was glorious. Fair play to him 🤣

11 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Robbie has been saying that Walker has to work on his fitness.

I also reckon he's never quite nailed a niche position - for me, he's a forward rather than a midfield player. 

Maybe best coming on as an impact sub?

The fact that RN has talked about his fitness made me wonder if that could be the beginning of the end for him at Hearts. 

He's a 10 all day long for me.

If his fitness is an issue give him a run of games to build it up, he's pretty much our most effective player in terms of drifting into dangerous areas and producing.  Why did GMS get about 12 games in a row to get up to speed whilst contributing nothing yet Walker gets 25-30 minutes? And that's not a dig at GMS he's starting to look good, but you should be giving people the same opportunities.  Last season Walker got a run of about 3/4 starts in a row and was looking very good and sharp then dropped out inexplicably.

Neilson just doesn't fancy him IMO, which is bizarre. 

Guest TheJTS98

The Pep-lite 'over-thinking' thing with Neilson was done a lot last time round, of course, but he seems desperate to over-complicate here.

We have a first team of players who are broadly ok. By playing them in the right positions and being sensible, we would be ok.

If he wanted someone to do that deep-lying position the other day, it should have been a midfielder, while our biggest goal-threat should have been in more dangerous positions.

As mentioned above, it is only the League Cup group stages, but it's already cost us pretty much any shot at this cup (who could have seen that coming?) and I'm not altogether convinced he'll learn much from it.

There's no chance we get a full season out of Souttar, Haring or Walker, so I think there's a better than even chance we see close to what we saw on Saturday relatively often.

Good, eh?

Definitely agree that Robbie overthinks things - if it comes of  he looks like a genius - more often than not, though, it doesn't work.

He avoids obvious signing targets that get hoovered up by rival clubs, and takes gambles on randoms that most often don't pay off.

Not keen on modern recruitment methods either - I liked it when we had managers who would just go after players they fancied - never mind fucking about with third parties.

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He's got the kind of face that  would either be  the action hero or the brutal henchman but never the criminal mastermind

He does have a ‘generic Eastern European evil henchman’ vibe. 

26 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/benis-a-jambo
An injury prone defensive midfielder on a three year deal. Cool.

He's hardly injury prone, he was fit all last season but Derby could only use so many loan players in a match day squad and Rooney went with experience to help stay up, and he played plenty for Everton 23's over the last few years.

I think he looks a good bit business, young enough to improve and maybe get a future fee if he's any good. Played in the EPL and EL albeit not loads but there are gems out there. Could be the next Glen Kamara, but equally he could be the next Paul McCallum.  I'm intrigued.

He's hardly injury prone, he was fit all last season but Derby could only use so many loan players in a match day squad and Rooney went with experience to help stay up, and he played plenty for Everton 23's over the last few years.
I think he looks a good bit business, young enough to improve and maybe get a future fee if he's any good. Played in the EPL and EL albeit not loads but there are gems out there. Could be the next Glen Kamara, but equally he could be the next Paul McCallum.  I'm intrigued.

I’d read he had ankle issues. Not being able to get in that Derby side is a massive worry. They picked up about 25 points in the same amount of games. They were lucky to survive.
Still, there’s plenty of examples of players who didn’t play for one side and went on to be excellent for others. Hopefully that’s the case here. At least he’s young enough that the SHREE YEAR DEAL © isn’t too much of a talking point, for a pleasant change.

22 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’d read he had ankle issues. Not being able to get in that Derby side is a massive worry. They picked up about 25 points in the same amount of games. They were lucky to survive.
Still, there’s plenty of examples of players who didn’t play for one side and went on to be excellent for others. Hopefully that’s the case here. At least he’s young enough that the SHREE YEAR DEAL © isn’t too much of a talking point, for a pleasant change.

I think he had an ankle injury not long after he broke into the Everton team and it hampered him at the wrong time, and then the manager changed and he couldn't get back in.  I believe he's been fully fit for a while.

I genuinely think Rooney shat it at Derby, he took Beni having known him form Everton so obviously thought he had something.  But he also signed quite a few on loan and seemed to panic. As I said, they could only have so many loans in the matchday squad and I think it was a major issue.

Agree on the 3 year deal, this for me is where it makes sense. A young guy with room to improve and we could potentially move on for a fee. A longer deal is worth a gamble in this situation IMO, if we gave him 2 and he had a great season we are already up against it in terms of getting anything back.

Edited by Tony Wonder

On 26/07/2021 at 10:34, RandomGuy. said:

Almost like you've got a moron manager who seen us win the double, then Italy win the Euros, playing it, and decided to use it as it must be the formation that's brought success.

On 26/07/2021 at 11:11, the jambo-rocker said:

I'll give you the moron manager and I shall even allow the Euros, but I am absolutely not giving you St Johnstone.😅

Can't really allow the Euros either considering we've been playing it since the last 5/6 games of last season.