OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

51 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Halliday is better at LB than he is in midfield. 

Our midfield options aren't any better than they were two years ago - it doesn't seem that we've learned anything.

Was hoping that JJ would address the major issue, which is player recruitment - he hasn't. 

That would be Joe Savage's job now. Hopefully Jim Jefferies will be enjoying his retirement pottering around East Lothian in the sunshine

We do have 9  weeks of transfer window left so, while a certain amount of impatience is in  order, there's no need to panic just yet.

48 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That would be Joe Savage's job now. Hopefully Jim Jefferies will be enjoying his retirement pottering around East Lothian in the sunshine

We do have 9  weeks of transfer window left so, while a certain amount of impatience is in  order, there's no need to panic just yet.

I thought JJ had been brought in to consult? 

Is he not doing that anymore? 

15 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I believe that was only intended as a temporary arrangement until a Director of Football was recruited.

JJ is now Director of Football at Edinburgh City

Which is the kind of simpler, low stress environment that's more appropriate for a 70 year old who's already had one heart attack.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I believe that was only intended as a temporary arrangement until a Director of Football was recruited.

JJ is now Director of Football at Edinburgh City

Which is the kind of simpler, low stress environment that's more appropriate for a 70 year old who's already had one heart attack.

Delighted for JJ if he's now enjoying his retirement, and getting in a few rounds of golf.

Really think we have to address the midfield situation, though - I'm starting to pine for Olly Bozanic.

Edited by paranoid android

12 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Delighted for JJ if he's now enjoying his retirement, and getting in a few rounds of golf.

Really think we have to address the midfield situation, though - I'm starting to pine for Olly Bozanic.

Edinburgh City should keep him just busy enough 

If you're getting impatient just remember that in Summer 2005 we'd signed nobody until Skacel arrived on July 19th

I doubt we're going to have quite as spectacularly transformative a window this time but there's clearly plenty of time to get things right

There's also plenty  of time to screw this up as well but at least we haven't screwed up yet

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I doubt we're going to have quite as spectacularly transformative a window this time but there's clearly plenty of time to get things right

There's time - not convinced there's much of a budget. 

We can't continue to recruit in the way he have in previous seasons - it's largely been poor, imo. 

47 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

There's time - not convinced there's much of a budget. 

We can't continue to recruit in the way he have in previous seasons - it's largely been poor, imo. 

There's not going to be a 2005 budget anyway

Top flight sides were able to take out long term government loans while Hearts basically  borrowed Season Ticket revenue from this year to cover last years truncated season and are paying that back through discounts on this season so Hibs and Aberdeen have probably got a financial advantage over us this summer 

That said we do have the FoH money coming in, much of the  dead wood is off the payroll, and a couple of thousand people voluntarily paid full price for their season ticket renewals so while we're not shopping from the top drawer we're not necessarily scraping through the bins at the back either. 

I have been criticised before, and sometimes rightly, for being overoptimistic but hopefully I can say "I reckon we can afford someone better than Bozanic"  without being branded a "happy  clapper"

It may take a few weeks though

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There's not going to be a 2005 budget anyway

Top flight sides were able to take out long term government loans while Hearts basically  borrowed Season Ticket revenue from this year to cover last years truncated season and are paying that back through discounts on this season so Hibs and Aberdeen have probably got a financial advantage over us this summer 

That said we do have the FoH money coming in, much of the  dead wood is off the payroll, and a couple of thousand people voluntarily paid full price for their season ticket renewals so while we're not shopping from the top drawer we're not necessarily scraping through the bins at the back either. 

I have been criticised before, and sometimes rightly, for being overoptimistic but hopefully I can say "I reckon we can afford someone better than Bozanic"  without being branded a "happy  clapper"

I wouldn't criticize you or call you a happy clapper. 

I'm just concerned re the squad. 

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I wouldn't criticize you or call you a happy clapper. 

No offence taken

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I'm just concerned re the squad. 

Just remember

Seneca the Elder - Crystalinks

There are more things that frighten us than injure us and we suffer more in Imagination than in reality

Lucius Annaeus Seneca the younger, Stoic Philosopher, Roman Writer, Dramatist and reluctant founder of Ancient Corsica HMSC

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

I think his "job" amounted to telling football illiterate Ann Budge whether Hearts were winning or not.

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

I think his "job" amounted to telling football illiterate Ann Budge whether Hearts were winning or not.

Big Kev Kyle said on the Open Goal podcast that JJ (I refuse to call him The Jet) couldn't believe some of the things he saw happening behind the scenes at Hearts. 

On 30/06/2021 at 12:57, paranoid android said:

An unusually optimistic/positive post from me.

John  Murray has finally fucked off, so things are looking up.

Allan Preston  thinks you're being unfair.

9 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Allan Preston  thinks you're being unfair.

Fair enough - if Preston is making those claims, I'm happy to believe that they're true.

the problem with Preston, though, is that he is scathing about Hearts' player recruitment, but only when Levein isn't on the same show - he bottles it any time Levein is on the same show.

I'm still glad Murray is away as he was a link with the previous regime, and, if he was Chief Scout, he must have recommended at least some of the awful singings that Levein and Budge sanctioned. 

Onward. 

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

The other thing that's just occurred to me is that Preston is an agent, so he's maybe done quite well from dealings with Murray.

Embarrassed that I didn't get there earlier. :(

^About to change username to "only  slightly paranoid android"