OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

37 minutes ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:
Neilson said that it wasn't as serious as he looked and he should be fine for the final. Whether he's being truthful we'll find out in time.

I actually think Sibbick has been getting better by the game, he was playing pretty well up until the injury on Wednesday.

Really like Sibbick for some reason, no idea why considering his tendency to be an absolute bombscare at the back, definitely prefer him as a DM and think he'd be a miss for the final, hopefully he makes it.

He's one of these players that seems like a good lad, looks like he could be a brilliant player with a lot of attributes but ultimately pretty gang.  Trust me, I've enough experience on the subject to say. 

He's one of these players that seems like a good lad, looks like he could be a brilliant player with a lot of attributes but ultimately pretty gang.  Trust me, I've enough experience on the subject to say. 
That's why I prefer him at DM as he's clearly got a decent bit of football about him but it means when he inevitably has one of his brain farts it doesn't leave a striker 1 on 1.

14 minutes ago, Empty It said:
33 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

That's why I prefer him at DM as he's clearly got a decent bit of football about him but it means when he inevitably has one of his brain farts it doesn't leave a striker 1 on 1.

While I would agree with that, I think you already have better in there already. 

I think Sibbick will come good. Centrehalf is a position where you live or die by your relationship and understanding with the players on every side of you more than any other position. He needs time to build a partnership with another CH, and he needs to have faith in the keeper behind him and the way the central midfielder in front of him plays, and that is before you even talk about the full/wingback. I’ve seen so many players come in to Hearts teams in that position and struggle initially, before going on to be a success. He will get better with games, and as mentioned he has the tools to become a good player for us.

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I think Sibbick will come good. Centrehalf is a position where you live or die by your relationship and understanding with the players on every side of you more than any other position. He needs time to build a partnership with another CH, and he needs to have faith in the keeper behind him and the way the central midfielder in front of him plays, and that is before you even talk about the full/wingback. I’ve seen so many players come in to Hearts teams in that position and struggle initially, before going on to be a success. He will get better with games, and as mentioned he has the tools to become a good player for us.

Agree with this and already think he's making better decisions as he has had a run of games.

Already back in training today as well, so obviously not knackered from Wednesday. 

Apparently trained today (Sibbick), as did all the squad except from Beni.
I think I may have a blind spot for Sibbick’s good work, doesn’t look reliable at the back and doesn’t offer much in midfield. Fine enough squad player, doesn’t get near our strongest starting XI (for me, Clive).

Sibbick is worth persevering with and I think we can make him a decent enough DM, but his performances in defence are fucking appalling and there's no way we can seriously consider playing him at the back in the cup final.

He's been pretty rocky the last few weeks, but I reckon we'll see a player there next season.

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Sibbick is worth persevering with and I think we can make him a decent enough DM, but his performances in defence are fucking appalling and there's no way we can seriously consider playing him at the back in the cup final.

He's been pretty rocky the last few weeks, but I reckon we'll see a player there next season.

Harsh he’s not been THAT bad

09698622-18BA-4548-BE33-C3A7E23B1777.jpeg