OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Apropos of nothing, but I was bored earlier and flicking through how this season's league table has developed and how Hearts' gap in third has been looking.

After we drew 0-0 at Easter Road, 24 games in, we were ten points clear of the side in fourth, who had 33 points.

SIX games later, the team in fourth now has 37 points. This is ridiculous.

Apropos of nothing, but I was bored earlier and flicking through how this season's league table has developed and how Hearts' gap in third has been looking.
After we drew 0-0 at Easter Road, 24 games in, we were ten points clear of the side in fourth, who had 33 points.
SIX games later, the team in fourth now has 37 points. This is ridiculous.

Motherwell were 10 clear of Livingston when they arrived at Tynecastle that’s a 13 point swing in 7 games

The clubs below us that were enjoying a good run of form/luck all hit bad patches and vice versa.

It’s textbook reversion to the mean

Hearts may feel maddeningly inconsistant to us but we’re hardly unique in that respect

• 2 weeks later...

Not seen it mentioned anywhere, but the EEN reporting that Halkett has been called up to the Scotland squad. Well deserved, and you could argue that his performances this season have been more important than some of his defensive colleagues who have received most of the acclaim.

10 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Not seen it mentioned anywhere, but the EEN reporting that Halkett has been called up to the Scotland squad. Well deserved, and you could argue that his performances this season have been more important than some of his defensive colleagues who have received most of the acclaim.

You could argue it, and you'd be exactly right. Without him, more than anyone else, our defence looks far more fragile.

I actually thought on Saturday that he'd been told to try his hand out at Souttar style long passes - he came up with a couple of cracking cross field pick outs.

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The Ross County game is the first opportunity in the season for official “finish above hibs day” to occur

It would require us to win and them to lose to Dundee United

Otherwise it has to wait till the derby

Maybe we should all go and buy sombreros etc and make the derby some kind of 'Finish Above Hibs PArty'.

What could go wrong?

15 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Maybe we should all go and buy sombreros etc and make the derby some kind of 'Finish Above Hibs PArty'.

What could go wrong?

Beachballs and donkeys.

8 minutes ago, Andrew McIvor said:

HEARTS FANS HELP WANTED 

Hi, I'm a current student and am completing a dissertation at the University of Stirling. I am doing a study on addressing the impact of stadium closures due to Covid 19 on the loyalty of Scottish Premiership fans. I would love to gain an insight into the perspectives of fans from each club in the Premiership. I would be so thankful if any loyal and passionate fans would like to help myself out with a quick interview online. If you would be interested could you drop a comment and I will get back to as soon as possible! 

Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'd suggest you might get a better reaction posting one thread for all Premiership fans rather than drowning the sub forum with 12 nearly identical ones and annoying people.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Andrew McIvor said:

HEARTS FANS HELP WANTED 

Hi, I'm a current student and am completing a dissertation at the University of Stirling. I am doing a study on addressing the impact of stadium closures due to Covid 19 on the loyalty of Scottish Premiership fans. I would love to gain an insight into the perspectives of fans from each club in the Premiership. I would be so thankful if any loyal and passionate fans would like to help myself out with a quick interview online. If you would be interested could you drop a comment and I will get back to as soon as possible! 

Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Didn't bother me a tit if it helps. 😎

On 22/03/2022 at 00:07, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The Ross County game is the first opportunity in the season for official “finish above hibs for the first time in five (5) years day” to occur

ftfy m9