OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

What was Demetri Mitchell like?

In terms of style I remember him being fast and a decent dribbler but I probably saw him play twice if you’re lucky.

I recall him being decent against us in one Edinburgh derby, sure he hit an absolute hammer of a shot that Marciano touched onto the bar but that’s about it.

Mitchell had talent but probably suffered from not really having a position. Played as a full-back in his first spell and looked great initially before starting to show a few defensive frailties. In his second season I think he mostly played on the wing and just wasn't effective there at all.

Maybe he'd be good as a LWB which I assume is where Hibs plan to use him?

Mitchell was good first spell, not so good the second time.

He played left back a lot which never really suited him as he couldn't defend very well, but he was good going forward. Good dribbler and liked a dig. I quite liked him, so wouldn't want to see him at Hibs, but he's also not much better than decent.

22 hours ago, DC92 said:

Mitchell had talent but probably suffered from not really having a position. Played as a full-back in his first spell and looked great initially before starting to show a few defensive frailties. In his second season I think he mostly played on the wing and just wasn't effective there at all.

Maybe he'd be good as a LWB which I assume is where Hibs plan to use him?

I would expect so, Maloney seems pretty insistent on 3-4-3 so I suspect he’d either be LWB or possibly slightly forward, time shall tell.

I would expect so, Maloney seems pretty insistent on 3-4-3 so I suspect he’d either be LWB or possibly slightly forward, time shall tell.

Things started going downhill really steeply for Hearts almost immediately after he got injured but it’s not like there weren’t plenty of other reasons for that at the time.

19 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Things started going downhill really steeply for Hearts almost immediately after he got injured but it’s not like there weren’t plenty of other reasons for that at the time.

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc" has never been more applicable. He wasn't even starting games before he got injured.

I was actually amazed he played as many games as he did in that second season. I don't remember him doing anything at all aside from that Auchinleck game.

Can't be arsed with the state of the match thread, so posting here instead. I thought Simms looked bloody good. He's got the pace and skill to not fall foul of the hammer throwers up here who just used to wrestle with Uche and get him booked/force him to dive. Big strong lad, but swift and good technique. Very impressed. More like Osman Sow in style, than Uche, just with a bulkier physique. 

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

Can't be arsed with the state of the match thread, so posting here instead. I thought Simms looked bloody good. He's got the pace and skill to not fall foul of the hammer throwers up here who just used to wrestle with Uche and get him booked/force him to dive. Big strong lad, but swift and good technique. Very impressed. More like Osman Sow in style, than Uche, just with a bulkier physique. 

I thought he looked very good. It's immediately evident though that despite being a big guy, he's humpty in the air. So it'd be great if we could not resort to hoofing it to him when we are under pressure.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I thought he looked very good. It's immediately evident though that despite being a big guy, he's humpty in the air. So it'd be great if we could not resort to hoofing it to him when we are under pressure.

Definitely. Thankfully its something we do far less of against most opposition. He looks nippy though, so I could see him getting on the end of Haring's cross-field switches, or latching on to through balls from Boyce, McKay etc.

Just now, paranoid android said:

Robbie was saying there's no way we'll be selling Souttar after injuries to Smith and Halkett - possibly some bluster in there, but there must also be some truth in it.?

Comfortable with that. I'm sure they've got a couple of players they could move quickly for, if Rangers did come in with the sort of money that would make him change his mind, too.

Pleasantly surprised by that signing, especially with it being permanent.

Hard to judge him based on his last spell but he looked promising then and he was a regular for Barnsley in their play-off run last season. Seems he suffered from the managerial change in the summer and a lot of their fans aren't happy about this.

He played RCB for Barnsley so I'd guess that's near enough confirmation that Souttar is off this month.

Delighted with that. Looked a good player in his brief spell before, is only 22 and has a lot of experience at a decent level. Barnsley fans all say he was improving constantly as well and most seem gutted to see him go which is a good sign.