OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

9 hours ago, G51 said:

It was all over the press for weeks. And all over Glasgow on Thursday night that he was having a medical. McNamara was pictured in Ibrox on Thursday afternoon. If Hearts didn’t know it was happening, by then, I’d question what the hell those guys are doing. Surely to god they weren’t expecting Souttar to re-sign?

Savage and Neilson either knew exactly what was happening, or they’re idiots. I’m inclined to believe the former.

Whatevee the reason, they’re now telling the fans that they feel hard done by for some indiscernible reason. The question is why. My belief is they’re preparing the fans for accepting a disappointing bid in January after Neilson’s bravado the other day about only accepting a ridiculous offer. 

As an owner of HMFC I’d have the c**t training on his own for the remainder, that won’t happen mind due to board worried about our family club image.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

As an owner of HMFC I’d have the c**t training on his own for the remainder, that won’t happen mind due to board worried about our family club image.

There's also the point that it's not good for us to be seen to be punishing players for progressing their careers.

All clubs except about five or six in the world are stepping-stone clubs. Best course of action for us here is to be smart and negotiate with Rangers within reason to get this done now and move on.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

It won’t happen because it’ll piss other players off who’ll see one of their teammates getting punished for doing something they’d do themselves.

Also, Hearts can’t really afford to have one of their best players and biggest earners not playing out of spite.

33 minutes ago, DMCs said:
This is either a big hint that Souttar will be staying at Hearts for the remainder of the season OR it's just GvB being careful in his language before any deal is actually agreed.

My reading of that is that rangers don't intend to pay Hearts what we're looking for in terms of the fee and add-ons. 

52 minutes ago, ropy said:

If he is a mercenary he may move on again, Hearts can negotiate a sell on as well as their £1/2M up front fee.

There is no danger Rangers will be paying anywhere near that to bring him in this window.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

The other side of rangers not wanting to sign Souttar the now is that they must be confident about winning the league this season.

I think it depends if we lose anyone. Should Goldson stay this window (and not sign a pre-contract himself) and now Helander back in training then I'd imagine they will be the starting CB pairing when fit. We then have Bassey and Balogun as cover so unless Gio wants to move to a back 3, then I don't see it as crucial we bring him in this month but it would definitely be preferable.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

It won’t happen because it’ll piss other players off who’ll see one of their teammates getting punished for doing something they’d do themselves.

Also, Hearts can’t really afford to have one of their best players and biggest earners not playing out of spite.

Oh the irony! A hundred mill outta pocket to get 5mill prize money😂😂 

there are many reasons but affordability ain’t any of them!

3 hours ago, G51 said:

If Souttar stays it's 100% in our interests to have him out the team.  His presence will not be useful on the park

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

If Souttar stays it's 100% in our interests to have him out the team.  His presence will not be useful on the park

It might be useful for the purpose of scoring goals and preventing goals from being conceded.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

It might be useful for the purpose of scoring goals and preventing goals from being conceded.

Sure, players getting booed non-stop by their own fans tend to be in peak form.

He's a good player, but he's not that much better than Moore that dropping him is massively detrimental.  Keeping him in could be, not just to him but the rest of his team-mates

The guy is coming to the end of his contract . He has obviously tried to negotiate a new one at Hearts but The Rangers have come in with an offer that Hearts couldn't match . Why the Hearts fans can't see that this is progression is baffling. 

Also Hearts signed him on a pre contract agreement from Dundee United . Is that any different to this deal now ? 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

The guy is coming to the end of his contract . He has obviously tried to negotiate a new one at Hearts but The Rangers have come in with an offer that Hearts couldn't match . Why the Hearts fans can't see that this is progression is baffling. 

Also Hearts signed him on a pre contract agreement from Dundee United . Is that any different to this deal now ? 

Why non-Hearts fans can't see that once a player decides he doesn't want to be at Hearts we don't have to want him at the club is baffling.

Hearts didn't sign him on a pre-contract, so yes.

15 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Why non-Hearts fans can't see that once a player decides he doesn't want to be at Hearts we don't have to want him at the club is baffling.

Hearts didn't sign him on a pre-contract, so yes.

Fair play on the first bit . 

On the second bit I am pretty sure he did , with United agreeing to a 10% selling on fee  as a sweetener. 

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "20:51 91% Dundee United set thecourier.co.uk THECOURIER Evening Telegraph Sport SUBSCRIBE Football Dundee United EXCLUSIVE: Dundee United have 10% sell-on clause for Hearts star John Souttar but will miss out he leaves for free in summer By Eric Nicolson ® November 23 2021, 12.30pm in DANTHEUNTEN KOIATARS ALI MND Scotland Dundee United have 10% sell-on clause for lohn Souttar. Sign up to our Tangerines email newsletter"

Edited by theoriginalhedge

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Fair play on the first bit . 

On the second bit I am pretty sure he did , with United agreeing to a 10% selling on fee  as a sweetener. 

Cool, well you're wrong.  He couldn't agree a pre-contract with us even if we'd wanted to, as he was under 24.  So any transfer was subject to a compensation payment.

We bid for him in the January, admittedly at a pretty low price plus a sell-on, which United accepted.