OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

54 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Imagine thinking I need to give a detailed review of Bologna to justify laughing at the notion glasgow is better :lol:

Around a dozen or so posters were looking forward to it, Empty It will be gutted now.

Disappointed in you.

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

No, I know he's not Mr Popular down Tiny way.  Apart from Robbie and Ann and the tea ladies. 

Only took you relegation, sorry demotion to wake up and see he's a bit of a sherman.  Well done though. 

It only took our relegation for folk to see Levein was a bit of a dick? Some take that, he was hounded out months before the season ended and fans had been against him for the best part of a year before that. And that's only the ones who weren't raging he got the job in the first place.

I don't really subscribe to the "Souttar owed Hearts" line being trotted out by a lot of fans. We looked after him when he was injured, but he was under contract and an asset, it wasn't out the kindness of our hearts.

However, if the rumours of him signing, not informing the club and allowing Rangers to announce it before speaking to the management are true, he most certainly owed us better than that. Probably best for everyone he fucks off this month tbh.

52 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I don't really subscribe to the "Souttar owed Hearts" line being trotted out by a lot of fans. We looked after him when he was injured, but he was under contract and an asset, it wasn't out the kindness of our hearts.

However, if the rumours of him signing, not informing the club and allowing Rangers to announce it before speaking to the management are true, he most certainly owed us better than that. Probably best for everyone he fucks off this month tbh.

Does insurance cover wages when a player is out injured?

Looking after a player is giving him an extra year’s contract if he is injured at the end of the current one.

48 minutes ago, ropy said:

Does insurance cover wages when a player is out injured?

Looking after a player is giving him an extra year’s contract if he is injured at the end of the current one.

Not sure, I do actually think we gave him his last deal when he had a bad injury, but I'm not claiming we were overly loyal to him, I'm saying we weren't doing anything special. 

But I'm also saying we deserved far better than the club finding out about it from a Rangers press release.

Edited by Tony Wonder

I think it’s highly unlikely that Hearts only found out about Souttar going to Rangers when we announced it. Mostly because it was the worst kept secret in Scottish football. The press were reporting he was taking a medical and everything. 

So, the question is why are Hearts leaking this to supporters/fan media? Perhaps it’s to turn more fans to the “Just get him out ASAP” faction, allowing them to prepare the ground for some rather underwhelming compensation in January that they can blame on Souttar?

18 minutes ago, G51 said:

I think it’s highly unlikely that Hearts only found out about Souttar going to Rangers when we announced it. Mostly because it was the worst kept secret in Scottish football. The press were reporting he was taking a medical and everything. 

So, the question is why are Hearts leaking this to supporters/fan media? Perhaps it’s to turn more fans to the “Just get him out ASAP” faction, allowing them to prepare the ground for some rather underwhelming compensation in January that they can blame on Souttar?

There's a difference between knowing its happening and being told it's actually done. And Hearts shouldn't be having it confirmed via twitter.

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

There's a difference between knowing its happening and being told it's actually done. And Hearts shouldn't be having it confirmed via twitter.

But they clearly didn’t, because the two club tweets were released at the exact same time:

Club social media teams always co-ordinate these things. Hearts knew well in advance of the Rangers statement.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

But they clearly didn’t, because the two club tweets were released at the exact same time:

Club social media teams always co-ordinate these things. Hearts knew well in advance of the Rangers statement.

Finding out on twitter was wrong, apologies.

But look at the wording of Hearts statement, they never knew well in advance. All the chat coming out of the club is that it took Hearts by surprise as to when it was coming out and that it had been concluded. So they are either lying, or trying to smear Souttar and I don't think they'd do that considering they have to worry themselves with how current players would react to that.

6 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Big Craig?  Are you Ann Budge ;)

He could have just said moving from Hearts to Rangers is the Natural Order.  He didn't have to pen a letter to dear derdrie. :)

It Hurts Belgian Football GIF by Univision Deportes

Butt hurt. 😎

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Finding out on twitter was wrong, apologies.

But look at the wording of Hearts statement, they never knew well in advance. All the chat coming out of the club is that it took Hearts by surprise as to when it was coming out and that it had been concluded. So they are either lying, or trying to smear Souttar and I don't think they'd do that considering they have to worry themselves with how current players would react to that.

It was all over the press for weeks. And all over Glasgow on Thursday night that he was having a medical. McNamara was pictured in Ibrox on Thursday afternoon. If Hearts didn’t know it was happening, by then, I’d question what the hell those guys are doing. Surely to god they weren’t expecting Souttar to re-sign?

Savage and Neilson either knew exactly what was happening, or they’re idiots. I’m inclined to believe the former.

Whatevee the reason, they’re now telling the fans that they feel hard done by for some indiscernible reason. The question is why. My belief is they’re preparing the fans for accepting a disappointing bid in January after Neilson’s bravado the other day about only accepting a ridiculous offer. 

8 hours ago, G51 said:

It was all over the press for weeks. And all over Glasgow on Thursday night that he was having a medical. McNamara was pictured in Ibrox on Thursday afternoon. If Hearts didn’t know it was happening, by then, I’d question what the hell those guys are doing. Surely to god they weren’t expecting Souttar to re-sign?

Savage and Neilson either knew exactly what was happening, or they’re idiots. I’m inclined to believe the former.

Whatevee the reason, they’re now telling the fans that they feel hard done by for some indiscernible reason. The question is why. My belief is they’re preparing the fans for accepting a disappointing bid in January after Neilson’s bravado the other day about only accepting a ridiculous offer. 

Who said they didn't know its happening? There's a difference between thinking something is inevitable and having it confirmed.  He'd been training at Hearts every day and never thought to mention he was off for a medical and to sign a deal.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Who said they didn't know its happening? There's a difference between thinking something is inevitable and having it confirmed.  He'd been training at Hearts every day and never thought to mention he was off for a medical and to sign a deal.

Well he (or someone) must have told Hearts something so that they knew to release that statement at 6pm. 

Hearts can say or spin what they like, but this is clearly a lot of shite.

I'm not a fan of clubs announcing pre-contract signings from rival clubs mid way through a season. The player will be under a huge amount of pressure from sections of their current clubs support and could understandably lead to loss of form and possibly unsettling the whole squad.

This may well have been an intentional move on Rangers part in order to secure the player earlier at a reduced rate.   He's very possibly no good to Hearts now but instead of securing £500,000+ we may have to settle for much less if we choose to get rid.  

I'm not blaming Rangers as many clubs would do the exact same thing under the current system.

As Souttar's current manager/employer, do Neilson/Hearts not still have some responsibility for the player's current wellbeing, etc?

Disappointing that Souttar couldn't find a couple of minutes to call or even message his current manager, and that they only found out officially through the media like every other c**t did.

I would guess that's how Neilson might handle it - "disappointed you never let us know, big man, but fair enough - a' the best'".

As I've said before, I'm not actually bothered where he goes - he's moved mainly for money, and he's not the first player to do that - it would probably be best if a deal could be struck to move him now.

I think the last player we had that was running down the final months of his contract after turning down offers from Hearts might be Jose (The Shepherd) Goncalves - I think JJ handled that situation by only using him to cover injuries and suspensions when required - might be an example for Robbie to follow?

Don't think big Jose's career went from strength to strength after leaving Hertz, but he probably made a few quid - I'm also slightly reminded of Paul Ritchie whose career was quite patchy after moving on - I reckon Souttar will probably fare a wee bit better. 

Edited by paranoid android

14 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I agree.

This stuff cuts both ways. Clubs try and force players out when it suits them and expect loyalty from them when there's a few quid to be made.

Players expect their clubs to treat them well but will jump shift as soon as a better offer comes along.

Anyone looking for loyalty or kindness in any of this is living in a dream world.

It's annoying it's gone against us this time, but it'll go for us other times.