OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:
2 hours ago, Darren said:

Better players = better results. Not sure how much of this progress I'd put down to Neilson. 

My other reason for wanting RN out at that time was that McInnes and Alex Neil were available - surprised that the latter especially is still available. 

These two quotes cover the crux of it for me. I don't think Neilson has really improved but is more a case of better players. In fact I'd argue he's regressed from his first stint as manager. He's fine for now and I'm not calling for his head, but there are arguably better options out there and if the opportunity came along I think we should seriously consider it.

What worries me is that if we get worse, Neilson suffers from the same problem as Levein does in that he's never wrong, he's not at fault and he uses every excuse under the sun to justify himself, while the higher ups bury their heads in the sand until it becomes too late to rectify, or take an opportunity to upgrade. I'd very much like to hope we've learned from our mistakes in that aspect.

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

These two quotes cover the crux of it for me. I don't think Neilson has really improved but is more a case of better players. In fact I'd argue he's regressed from his first stint as manager. He's fine for now and I'm not calling for his head, but there are arguably better options out there and if the opportunity came along I think we should seriously consider it.

What worries me is that if we get worse, Neilson suffers from the same problem as Levein does in that he's never wrong, he's not at fault and he uses every excuse under the sun to justify himself, while the higher ups bury their heads in the sand until it becomes too late to rectify, or take an opportunity to upgrade. I'd very much like to hope we've learned from our mistakes in that aspect.

I always think it's mainly about the players - great managers can get ordinary players to play like world-beaters, but I reckon that's probably a rare gift.

Decent players and sensible management are probably the least we should expect. 

I remember Alex Smith saying RN soaked up tactical knowledge like a sponge - who knows, eh? :)

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

I always think it's mainly about the players - great managers can get ordinary players to play like world-beaters, but I reckon that's probably a rare gift.

I don't think even Helenio Herrera could have done much with Popescu though

31 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I don't think even Helenio Herrera could have done much with Popescu though

I get the impression things aren't going too well at Hamilton either - st mirren fans absolutely idolise him - maybe it's his evil twin!

Edited by paranoid android

I get the impression things aren't going too well at Hamilton either - st mirren fans absolutely idolise him - maybe it's his evil twin!
Meh. He's good at carrying the ball out from the back and is a fairly physical presence but just has so many brain farts.

45 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
53 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Meh. He's good at carrying the ball out from the back and is a fairly physical presence but just has so many brain farts.

That's how I remember him. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a horrible - but necessary - watch.

I understand that one of his Hibs supporting mates contacted the club and they are accommodating Stevie and his family for the New Year Derby which I sincerely hope he can make.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

This is a horrible - but necessary - watch.

I understand that one of his Hibs supporting mates contacted the club and they are accommodating Stevie and his family for the New Year Derby which I sincerely hope he can make.

This too:

4 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Couple of hundred tickets left for the Rangers game, should definitely be a sell out come Sunday 

I’d still be cutting their allocation, whether we filled all the remaining seats or not, but I’m glad we will not be losing much money. I place more importance on us not losing home advantage.