OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

48 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Feeling weird about the difference of how pissed I was to how content I feel from that transfer window. We've strengthened our weakest position and got almost(almost) every diddy out the door.

I know we have fickle expectations all the time, but even with Neilson in charge I really don't see why 3rd place can't be ours. Of all the teams around us, I'd argue on Aberdeen might have had a stronger window and they've got Glass who I'm not convinced on. St. J have lost their spine for well below value on deadline day, and Hibs haven't really added that well considering they have quite a few long term injuries, which will definitely impact them as the season goes on.

Fully aware of where we have been the last couple seasons, European football is the absolute least I'm expecting, IMO and thinking about it now, I will be quite disappointed now if we don't push it close.

We look at the very least hard to beat, even if we're not easy on the eye. It will probably be done in the style of Levein 2001-02 & 2002-03 play for a narrow win at home, draw away, but I don't see many other teams around us maintaining a consistent challenge.

Possibly playing a 27 game last season last season meant that finances aren't there to tick off the entire shopping list right now and inevitably not every single  signing is going to settle in but this looks like 3rd place if things go  really  well, top 6 respectability if things go badly

Which  is basically the natural order of things

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Possibly playing a 27 game last season last season meant that finances aren't there to tick off the entire shopping list right now and inevitably not every single  signing is going to settle in but this looks like 3rd place if things go  really  well, top 6 respectability if things go badly

Which  is basically the natural order of things

different gravy this season I'm thinking,is it the end of the horror years?

Guest TheJTS98

Scarves Against the Funnel this week is an interesting listen with Iain MacLeod from the old Save Our Hearts and Ewan Murray.

It's funny to mentally go back to 2004 and think how bad things were.

It's been a good week for Hearts.

Scarves Against the Funnel this week is an interesting listen with Iain MacLeod from the old Save Our Hearts and Ewan Murray.
Must be why it's been late released this week, best Hearts podcast imo.

Guest TheJTS98
1 hour ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

Must be why it's been late released this week, best Hearts podcast imo.

I agree. I haven't heard any fan-produced podcasts from any club that are as good, to be honest.

As well-informed as necessary, well-balanced and fair, and articulately delivered. It's always good.

Avoids the pettiness and one-eyed rubbish you get with the vast majority of fan productions.

I think Dunsire achieves that well on Hearts TV as well. He and the co-comms are honest and fair in how they call things. Don't treat the audience like idiots. The difference is noticeable when I listen to other clubs' commentary teams etc. We're quite lucky.

Edited by TheJTS98

On 01/09/2021 at 12:52, sairyinthat said:

different gravy this season I'm thinking,is it the end of the horror years?

The club's recruitment has been shameful since 2015 and those running the club have been too naive to address it. Millions upon millions wasted. That's what led to the relegation as much as we've spun it otherwise.

It seems as though there is an entirely new structure in place now thank God. Some bloke called Lancefield who worked with Norwich and Southampton. I'm quietly optimistic that we'll be in the hunt for third even though I don't rate Neilson. In fairness to him, he's finally got players to work with. Perhaps light at the back if he wants to play a back three though considering Souttar is always an injury risk.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’m beginning to think that Robbie Nielson may know more about football than all the angry roasters on kickback put together.

SORRY ROBBIE.jpg

Neilson has managed 61 games for us in the Premiership, won 30, drawn 19 and lost 12. That's a PPG of 1.79, which is usually enough to finish third.

I'll happily admit I wanted him out after the dross we watched between January and March this year (culminating in an utterly disgraceful result in Brora) and I still believe he has his limitations, but his overall league record for us is undeniably good. With a proper recruitment set-up behind him he'll reliably get us finishing where we should.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening folks,

Long term follower of P&B, but haven't signed up/interacted until now. I'm commentator for Hearts TV and also host/produce Scarves Around the Funnel, a weekly Hearts podcast with Mark Donaldson, Ryan McGowan and myself. 

I thought it would be good to start interacting as well as reading Hearts comments on here, in particular anything related to our coverage on Hearts TV or the podcast - good or bad! I assume I'm best posting in this thread, as I'll be Hearts focused. 

Anyway, our latest episode reviews the draw with Rangers last week and looks ahead to this weekend's game with Dundee. 

Any feedback is welcome, and I'll keep posting new episodes in here (if that's OK?). 

Same goes with matchday stuff, I often read match threads (and this thread) so if there's anything relevant to what we do on a matchday I'll do my best to reply when required. 

Scarves Around the Funnel episode 156 available below - and via most podcast apps: 

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/episode-156-the-sound-of-silence/id1437841760?i=1000539130536 

Spotify:

Our website: https://scarvesaroundthefunnel.co.uk/2021/10/20/episode-156-the-sound-of-silence/ 

• 2 weeks later...

Hearts' PA system was 'hacked', leading to The Sash being played at Tynecastle during the FOH open day.

Footage emerged on social media showing the well-known loyalist tune blaring as fans toured the stadium.

It happened during the Foundation open day event where Hearts fans were given unprecedented access to the Tynecastle facilities

But there appeared to be an interruption as video footage showed the song playing loudly over the PA system.

The clip was met with outrage from terrified fans with many calling for the club to investigate

13 hours ago, bennett said:

Hearts' PA system was 'hacked', leading to The Sash being played at Tynecastle during the FOH open day.

Footage emerged on social media showing the well-known loyalist tune blaring as fans toured the stadium.

It happened during the Foundation open day event where Hearts fans were given unprecedented access to the Tynecastle facilities

But there appeared to be an interruption as video footage showed the song playing loudly over the PA system.

The clip was met with outrage from terrified fans with many calling for the club to investigate

Terrified? 😄