OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Congrats Jambos.
Fan ownership has generally worked very well for us in the last couple of years so it’ll be good to see what can be done with a much larger fan base and level of financial contribution. Definitely the right way to go to keep clubs in the hands of those who care about it most.

It might be a bit early to know this, but is your plan the same as ours - for the club to be self sufficient and aim to break even every season, with the fans contributions used as an emergency/special projects fund? Or are your contributions being used for regular expenditure and topping up the playing squad budget?

4 hours ago, dezz said:

Congrats Jambos.
Fan ownership has generally worked very well for us in the last couple of years so it’ll be good to see what can be done with a much larger fan base and level of financial contribution. Definitely the right way to go to keep clubs in the hands of those who care about it most.

It might be a bit early to know this, but is your plan the same as ours - for the club to be self sufficient and aim to break even every season, with the fans contributions used as an emergency/special projects fund? Or are your contributions being used for regular expenditure and topping up the playing squad budget?

Presumably the COVID shenanigans would be the kind of situation that an “Emergency fund” is designed for so at the moment it’s a moot point

7 hours ago, dezz said:

Congrats Jambos.

Overspend to the edge of oblivion, pick up a few Scottish Cups on the way.

Feeling weird about the difference of how pissed I was to how content I feel from that transfer window. We've strengthened our weakest position and got almost(almost) every diddy out the door.

I know we have fickle expectations all the time, but even with Neilson in charge I really don't see why 3rd place can't be ours. Of all the teams around us, I'd argue on Aberdeen might have had a stronger window and they've got Glass who I'm not convinced on. St. J have lost their spine for well below value on deadline day, and Hibs haven't really added that well considering they have quite a few long term injuries, which will definitely impact them as the season goes on.

Fully aware of where we have been the last couple seasons, European football is the absolute least I'm expecting, IMO and thinking about it now, I will be quite disappointed now if we don't push it close.

We look at the very least hard to beat, even if we're not easy on the eye. We'll shite the cup and OF away. It will probably be done in the style of Levein 2001-02 & 2002-03 play for a narrow win at home, draw away, but I don't see many other teams around us maintaining a consistent challenge.

Edited by the jambo-rocker