OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Thought Pollock and Connor Smith definitely looked like they are ready to be part of the first team squad.  

I'd be very keen to see Pollock and Smith - and one or two others - feature pretty extensively this season. Hearts' ongoing issues with ever trusting kids means we don't bring (m)any through, and I think they're both more than ready.

Guest TheJTS98
8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Is the BBC team sheet right? Is Boyce playing in midfield?  Need to put an end to that shite pronto if so. 

An interesting approach for a side that needed to win by two. Rewarded with a trip to Celtic.

It's going to be a good season. I can just tell.

Boyce has always tended to drop deep with us - his link-up play is excellent, but he's not a midfielder. 

If we're going to play with one striker, it should be Boyce rather than big Nando. 

I quite like a back shree, but this 3-4-3 thing could be a disaster. 

On a different point, I had been pissed aff that we didn't try to sign Shay Logan, but I see that he's now been done for drink-driving/speeding on the back of his money-laundering charge! :lol:

I don't understand it. It's like this 3-4-3 hasn't been thought through. If we want to get Gnando and Boyce playing then drop one of our wingers and have them play behind them both. It's not like we don't have width from our wing backs.

We can say Ridgers had a good game all you like, our confidence in front of goal isn't exactly a secret and we really should been better with a couple of the opportunities we missed. I can see us having quite a few 0-0s this season and at least one game where we will inexplicably scud a team whilst being outplayed and wildly take every chance we make.

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I don't understand it. It's like this 3-4-3 hasn't been thought through.

Almost like you've got a moron manager who seen us win the double, then Italy win the Euros, playing it, and decided to use it as it must be the formation that's brought success.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Almost like you've got a moron manager who seen us win the double, then Italy win the Euros, playing it, and decided to use it as it must be the formation that's brought success.

Or he's treated the group stages of the league cup as semi-competitive training fixtures where he's free to experiment.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll give you the moron manager and I shall even allow the Euros, but I am absolutely not giving you St Johnstone.😅

Edited by the jambo-rocker

I thought you were quite poor yesterday against a depleted Championship side who couldn't finish any higher or lower than 3rd.  Ridgers had some good saves but some of your play was bizarre to say the least, and fuck knows what that formation and personnel was about. 

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Boyce has always tended to drop deep with us - his link-up play is excellent, but he's not a midfielder. 

If we're going to play with one striker, it should be Boyce rather than big Nando. 

I quite like a back shree, but this 3-4-3 thing could be a disaster. 

On a different point, I had been pissed aff that we didn't try to sign Shay Logan, but I see that he's now been done for drink-driving/speeding on the back of his money-laundering charge! :lol:

He played what felt like half a season in midfield for us when McIntyre was having a year long brain fart, and was still comfortably our biggest goal threat.  I miss him terribly.  Can we have him back please?  He's easily capable of playing in a front one, two or three.   

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He played what felt like half a season in midfield for us when McIntyre was having a year long brain fart, and was still comfortably our biggest goal threat.  I miss him terribly.  Can we have him back please?  He's easily capable of playing in a front one, two or three.   

Before we signed Boyce, I thought he was 'just' a goal scorer, but he's so much  more. :wub:

For that reason, I'd like to keep him.

Just now, paranoid android said:

Before we signed Boyce, I thought he was 'just' a goal scorer, but he's so much  more. :wub:

For that reason, I'd like to keep him.

He's one of the few players I like at the moment and would also like to keep him. 2 beats 1, so deal with it @Savage Henry

53 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I thought you were quite poor yesterday against a depleted Championship side who couldn't finish any higher or lower than 3rd.  Ridgers had some good saves but some of your play was bizarre to say the least, and f**k knows what that formation and personnel was about. 

We were ok 2nd half, when we changed our formation. Bringing Haring and Walker on instantly improved us as well. First half was woeful. I don't understand why we are playing wing backs and wingers, they just get in each others way. He is trying to get players to be able to interchange positions, but ended up being a rabble. At one point Ginnelly was dropping to collect it off the back 4 in the middle of the park, no way should that be him.

On the plus side Souttar will be back in on Saturday, and we won't play a midfield two of Boyce and Pollock.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

We were ok 2nd half, when we changed our formation. Bringing Haring and Walker on instantly improved us as well. First half was woeful. I don't understand why we are playing wing backs and wingers, they just get in each others way. He is trying to get players to be able to interchange positions, but ended up being a rabble. At one point Ginnelly was dropping to collect it off the back 4 in the middle of the park, no way should that be him.

On the plus side Souttar will be back in on Saturday, and we won't play a midfield two of Boyce and Pollock.

Aye Walker is probably your most effective player. Always seems to drag you over the line when you’re struggling. 

Or maybe that’s just when you play The Caley.

Walker is a bit of a puzzle. Hard to say what stops him from becoming a regular in the team. Is it his Fitness? is it his attitude? He's certainly not the worst player in the squad but probably needs game time to get him up to speed.

5 hours ago, des dad said:

Walker is a bit of a puzzle. Hard to say what stops him from becoming a regular in the team. Is it his Fitness? is it his attitude? He's certainly not the worst player in the squad but probably needs game time to get him up to speed.

Robbie has been saying that Walker has to work on his fitness.

I also reckon he's never quite nailed a niche position - for me, he's a forward rather than a midfield player. 

Maybe best coming on as an impact sub?

The fact that RN has talked about his fitness made me wonder if that could be the beginning of the end for him at Hearts.