OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

How much is a mediations book* @topcat(The most tip top)? I feel like I'm going to have buy one to practice putting up with this shit as long as Neilson as our gaffer tbh.

*I know I could rent from a library for free but then how could I refer to it extensively in times of 0-1 Hibs or St. Mirren away.

24 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

How much is a mediations book* @topcat(The most tip top)? I feel like I'm going to have buy one to practice putting up with this shit as long as Neilson as our gaffer tbh.

*I know I could rent from a library for free but then how could I refer to it extensively in times of 0-1 Hibs or St. Mirren away.

download free at project Gutenberg 
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2680

Guest TheJTS98

I broke with years of tradition and watched a friendly the other night. I was very bored.

Thought Hearts actually played ok against Sunderland in the first half, but the defence went to absolute shite in the last ten of the first half. The general performance was fine.

But then, it's a friendly, and I don't know why I'm even wasting my energy typing about it.

I tend to not let Hearts ruin my summer as well as the bit from August to May. I'm sure we'll sign some players. Probably shite ones with huge injury histories or 32 years old and just released by a club where they hardly played last year. I'll check and find out in a few weeks. I don't need to know these things now.

19 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

no problem.

I didn’t bother watching it but given the players that were rested and the sheer number of substitutions made I’m assuming that this wasn’t being approached in the most competitive manner.

It was a competitive first half, with something approximating to our expected starting 11 (Stewart for Gordon and Pollock in midfield being the main differences). We started brightly, but faded a bit after their goal (I did miss Laurie Dunsire's biased-but-not-stupidly-so commentary on the penalty, which looked pretty clear cut to me, but which both Jimmy Sandison and the replacement commentator were convinced, without much evidence, was a bad decision. Defence looked a wee bit shaky at times from then on, and obviously lots of subs in the second half turned it into a training ground game. Their second goal was very nicely done, to be fair.

Not an especially impressive performance, but as you say, just a friendly.

Stewart is garbage but I don't actually think it was a penalty, he came out and got the ball and took the man as well, but getting the ball is crucial there.  hat said, if he wasn't slow to react he'd have gotten it far more cleanly.

Thought we played alright in between the goals, created quite a few chances and it was nowhere near full strength so it was a worthwhile run out.  We fell to bits after the second and just before HT though. Thought Pollock and Connor Smith definitely looked like they are ready to be part of the first team squad.  Of the more senior players I'm not sure Cochrane is going to be much cop at LCH, but he's looked good at LB previously.  Thought Walker put a good shift in, won quite a lot of tackles which isn't always his strong suit.