OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Steven Naismith has been appointed as Football Development Manager by Heart of Midlothian Football Club after deciding to call time on his playing career. According to the club site
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/naismith-retires-and-takes-up-new-role

And in other news we’ve got a new flag1E7B5B77-8664-4B29-915B-FCC42D414C59.thumb.jpeg.7fcdbae476f19aab7b253fa5b77e5128.jpeg

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

12 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Steven Naismith has been appointed as Football Development Manager by Heart of Midlothian Football Club after deciding to call time on his playing career.

At least you now know who'll be your next manager once Neilson is hounded out.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

And Neilson is then made Football development manager

He'll presumably end up at Kilmarnock once they fail to get promoted.

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Football development manager sounds made up to be honest. 

If you have a player on (allegedly) £400k pa and he can no longer run, you need to give him a job title befitting his salary...................

If he was cleaning the windows on the front of the unfinished stand, they would have called him a vision technician?

19 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

If you have a player on (allegedly) £400k pa and he can no longer run, you need to give him a job title befitting his salary...................

If he was cleaning the windows on the front of the unfinished stand, they would have called him a vision technician?

Assistant to the football manager, in charge of ‘special projects’. 

ivan rakitic GIF

Edited by Dons_1988

25 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

If I had to clean all those fucking windows every week I'd be wanting 400 grand as well.

I'm no more privy to the financial details of his contract than the rest of you 

But I do know that our record of getting promising young players to deliver on that promise has been  poor in the post BDO  era

So if he can  improve that  then  he'll deliver at least some value for whatever he's being paid. 

and at least we won't need to watch him  raging against the  dying  of the  light on the field like we did  with  Christophe Berra

On 13/05/2021 at 20:48, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Josh Ginnelly has officially been released by Preston North End.

As a proper hearts man I'm reserving judgement to see whether I should be furious because Nelson hasn't  signed a player who was really impressive last season or furious that he's signed a player who was injury prone last season.

"Sicknote" Ginelly has signed 

Robbie's a clown, Anne Budge is a female I can't sexually objectify , get this all tae  f**k. 

Am I doing this right?

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

"Sicknote" Ginelly has signed 

Robbie's a clown, Anne Budge is a female I can't sexually objectify , get this all tae  f**k. 

Am I doing this right?

You forgot “successful businesswoman” Anne budge. 

Evening folks. You might have seen some coverage of this already in the likes of Edinburgh Live but in case you haven't we recently interviewed John Robertson about his second spell at ICT and his recent change of role to the clubs new Sporting Director. He also opened up about the struggles last season took on him and his family which culminated in him having to take a step back from football. Typically honest as always.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0vYSVccyrtDBt6FRYVUct7

Fair play to Andy Irving for pulling off the most bizarre HMFC transfer of all time, no mean feat given the last 15 years.
I like Irving but is a move to essentially a German east of Scotland team the best he could do?

5 hours ago, Empty It said:
5 hours ago, JamieThomas said:
Fair play to Andy Irving for pulling off the most bizarre HMFC transfer of all time, no mean feat given the last 15 years.

I like Irving but is a move to essentially a German east of Scotland team the best he could do?

Looking into that club

Türkgücü have a wealthy backer and ran away with the  South East Bavarian League 17/18 which led to promotion to the  South Bavarian League 18/19 which they won ant that should have seen them into Bundesliga 3 for 2019/20 but covid seems to have meant that they had to wait a year to get promoted to the nationals but didn't compete in the Regionals either

If anybody speaks better German than me then they might be able to make more sense  of it

Clearly they're a club on the up and Bundesliga 3 isn't necessarily where they're stopping. Conceivably Hickey could be playing Bundesliga 2 at the age of 23 and Bundesliga 1 by the time he hits his peak

On the other hand this might well turn out to be the German equivalent of Gretna

https://www.dw.com/en/türkgücü-munich-making-history-for-immigrant-football-clubs-in-3-liga/a-55175844

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

I like Irving as a player - not everyone's cup of tea, but good luck to him for trying something a wee bit different - could make him a better player, or...

Heard a few weeks ago that his agent had strong links in Germany, so it's not a big surprise.

Also heard that the deals offered to him by Hearts weren't massively tempting, so can't really blame him for moving. 

Our midfield options aren't really much better than they were two years ago - Neilson needs to get some dig in there.