Ross County v Motherwell 03/08/20

Great showing from County at HT. Well look intent on pressing through us and peppering our goal with speculative shots, but barring a couple of dodgy moments from our defence, we have managed to deal with them easily enough so far.

Interesting to see what subs will be made in the second half. I’d personally like to see Mullin on for Erwin, and possibly a run out for Kelly should we be comfortable enough in the game.

Still feel that Well can hurt us in the Box, but they look a yard off so far

We were fairly pish there. Get Campbell on and move Turnbull central.

As much as the guy works hard and wears his heart on his sleeve, Liam Grimshaw is rank at football.

Ross Stewart is a likeable big guy though. Doesn’t look anything like a footballer should but is really effective and works his arse off.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Both full backs are absolutely rotten. Neither Grimmy or McGinley can make a pass.

Utterly brutal.

I actually think McGinley has been good in glimpses. Grimmy on the other hand. I would dock £50 from his wages every time he takes a throw in and throws it to an opposition player. Not sure that is what you are supposed to do. 

I thought Gallacher got the ball for the pen but even if he did can see why ref gave it. 

County prepared to work harder all round. I think we thought we could turn up and win comfortably. Believing the media. 

Hastie has offered little and Turnbull wasted out on the left. 

Still all to play for  - hopefully Robbo gives them a kick up the arse at HT. 

Contrary to what the commentary team have been saying, I reckon that was a fairly even first half bar a ludicrous challenge from Gallagher.

Turnbull is clearly our best player and it's a crime playing him on the left wing. Even in that first half, when he came into the middle he nearly created a couple of goals.

County have defended well so far and it's been a good contest. Some better balls into the box in the second half pls.

Hylton on for Polworth.

Nothing Polworth is doing in the middle of park is better than what Turnbull does in there. And we need another player who is a threat on the park.

We will probably see Lang for Hastie and Watt for Long sometime in the 2nd half. Maybe Campbell on once Donnelly picks up his usual yellow card.

It is actually gutting to be down a goal because Gallagher was an idiot. He is supposed to be a solid rock in the middle. instead he went chasing his own poor clearance like a headless chicken.

2 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

Contrary to what the commentary team have been saying, I reckon that was a fairly even first half bar a ludicrous challenge from Gallagher.

Turnbull is clearly our best player and it's a crime playing him on the left wing. Even in that first half, when he came into the middle he nearly created a couple of goals.

County have defended well so far and it's been a good contest. Some better balls into the box in the second half pls.

County stopped pressing the game after they went a goal in front. We came back into it because they went into their shell a bit.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Why the f**k is Campbell not playing? Is he carrying a knock?

We had this problem a few seasons ago. As ridiculous as it sounds, it can be a hindrance to have too many quality players in the same position. End up chopping and changing too much to try and fit them all in.