Ross County v Motherwell 03/08/20

On 27/07/2020 at 13:03, Busta Nut said:

I think I will struggle to feel like this is a "real" game.

/

Why ? 2 shite teams playing in an empty ground , shitting themselves for relegation . Just the same as every other game / season . 

39 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

If I remember right our record against you is decent, you have so much more pace than us and I feel like that might be the difference maker.

We do have a wonderful record against Motherwell.  We have beaten them eight times and drawn six times with no defeats.  We are just as likely to win at home as we are away, four wins at each venue.

I may have missed a few games in my stat, but if the fourteen games that motherwell won I dont remember they didn't happen.

Just now, Loki said:

We do have a wonderful record against Motherwell.  We have beaten them eight times and drawn six times with no defeats.  We are just as likely to win at home as we are away, four wins at each venue.

I may have missed a few games in my stat, but if the fourteen games that motherwell won I dont remember they didn't happen.

If we pretend the games we lose didn't happen we're actually quite a good side... I think.

Right so who is up front for us?

guesses?

My guess is Hastie, Long and Hylton will start. Pace is the way to go against County I think.

I’m assuming Lang won’t have trained or played for a while so will be behind on fitness so he’ll be on the bench along with Watt and White to give us plenty of options.

1-3 to the good guys. Long, Hastie and Donnelly with the goals! Buzzing for this now!

Doohan
Randall Watson Donaldson Tremarco
Vigurs Draper
Mullin Kelly Charles-Cook

Stewart

That is my guess. I hope Patons starts ahead of Draper because I believe he can be excellent as a roaming midfielder. That’s a good side on paper, no doubt it won’t start like that though.

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

So nervous about this game tonight, can't shake the feeling that we're going to get pumped 3-0...

I would love to think it will be that simple.   Pre season we have been average or fairly poor defensively against Rangers.

I understand we are among the favourites for top 6 / Europe even, but a lifetime supporting Motherwell means I am never confident of a routine victory. I think it will take us a little time to gel with Lang and Long probably not quite fit enough yet. That plus 2 new defenders to bed in. 

If we win I reckon it will be a narrow win, but I am going to predict a scoring draw. Of course mi would take a handsome win but we rarely do that even v lower league opposition. 

Glad it is on Sky though as not convinced by streaming company as other teams fans also seemed to have issues at the weekend.