Ground suggestions

I was at the Pollok game, now that things have settled down could you have a look for my fingers and toes?
Worst conditions I've ever watched a game in in my life. Genuinely couldn't look up the far end as the snow would just blind me.

It depends what you're looking for. Ardrossan and Meadow have fine old stands, Arthurlie are worth a visit as there's a bit of history to the ground, Talbot and Beith have neat grounds. I would also agree that Brig o Lea is worth a visit as is Johnstone Burgh 

If I was recommending a match and I presume there will be some room for it in the new set up, it would be the Marymas game between Meadow and Vics as it's on a Friday night usually in August and there's a big crowd.

Personally I enjoyed visits to Kello and Maybole (pictured) in recent years, maybe because I went on sunny days

IMG_20190831_150334310.thumb.jpg.d6358c858e2d790413316657993e98d8.jpg

On 01/08/2020 at 10:17, jimbaxters said:

It’s probably been mentioned before but when did this happen please?

It was on Wednesday 17th February 1965. We beat Kilwinning Rangers 4-3 in the Western League (North). 

STV sent a film crew up to do a report on the game  with it making history and it was shown later that night on Scotsport along with the Inter Milan v Rangers European Cup Quarter Final. 

Probably the only time Brig O'Lea and the San Siro shared top billing 😉

Edited by Brig O'Lea

On 02/08/2020 at 18:49, Andy groundhopper said:

Yeah cracking weather, I quite enjoyed the game ! Another excellent non lge ground in Scotland, another cover on the open side would be good. That was the last game I saw, sadly ruined by the death of the old guy outside afterwards. Worth another visit sometime, definitely.

I basically ran out the park as soon as the final whistle went, wasn't aware of anything amiss (other than the snow) until after I'd gotten home and seen the messages on Twitter and P&B. Real shame.

On 04/08/2020 at 14:41, paul-r-cfc said:
On 04/08/2020 at 09:08, lokforever said:
Ach it wisnae that bad

Were it not for the blizzard, you'd be able to see me in that video.

Must have been more or less standing next to you, I was having to watch out of the corner of my eye so I wasn't getting battered in the face with the snow.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been an interesting thread - I'm hoping  to move up to Ayrshire at some point in the next couple of years (things like a job and a home are just mere details to fill in later).  Decided that I'll become a regular supporter of the nearest WoSL team and do a bit of off-the-cuff groundhopping when they're away......... no real idea where I'll end up yet but I'm going to be following the eventual restart from afar. 

This has been an interesting thread - I'm hoping  to move up to Ayrshire at some point in the next couple of years (things like a job and a home are just mere details to fill in later).  Decided that I'll become a regular supporter of the nearest WoSL team and do a bit of off-the-cuff groundhopping when they're away......... no real idea where I'll end up yet but I'm going to be following the eventual restart from afar. 

Plenty of new builds around Irvine [emoji106]

11 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Plenty of new builds around Irvine emoji106.png

I seem to be spending a lot of time hopping between OnTheMarket and the interactive map on the WOSL site........ wrong priorities? 

On 23/08/2020 at 17:33, Andy groundhopper said:

I'd say get the job first 👦 but that's me being sensible ! Enjoy the West Region at least, it's brilliant up 

All on hold at the moment, the feet are getting itchy though.