Ground suggestions

I think Duncansfield and Adamslie were in certain aspects, very similar to one another. I don't think you can like one and not the other. I'm hoping the same mate. I do believe that alot of careful planning will be going into it, given the time we've had to plan it and newer grounds are looked at to what is good and what is not so good.

For example so many people don't like Petershill Park as they say it's soulless. Perhaps people are comparing it too much to the old Petershill Park. Personally I quite like Petershill Park.

Renfrew is a newer ground but they seem to have gotten it right. Personally I've never been for a game but I hear so many good things about it

For a new ground and not grass Renfrew is still a great day out and wee bar is brilliant

3 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

pains me to say it emoji848.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

just for the record, i loved adamslie to,which makes it all the more sad the roy have been out kirky for so long, hopefully it's a decent set up and not one of these soulless community jobs u build

Never made many trips west but kilsyth was a nice play to go. Nice club it was a petty about the big fire they had their a few years ago.

Never made many trips west but kilsyth was a nice play to go. Nice club it was a petty about the big fire they had their a few years ago.

unfortunately alan vandalism is the scourge of many clubs thesedays, but we"ve managed to rebuild not so bad thanks to the community and an extremely hard working committee [emoji106]

I think Duncansfield and Adamslie were in certain aspects, very similar to one another. I don't think you can like one and not the other. I'm hoping the same mate. I do believe that alot of careful planning will be going into it, given the time we've had to plan it and newer grounds are looked at to what is good and what is not so good.

For example so many people don't like Petershill Park as they say it's soulless. Perhaps people are comparing it too much to the old Petershill Park. Personally I quite like Petershill Park.

Renfrew is a newer ground but they seem to have gotten it right. Personally I've never been for a game but I hear so many good things about it
i don't like the new petershill park but i can totaly understand why they made the move ,footfall is not going to keep clubs going anymore, but its far to big imo
Renfrew on the other hand i really like ,seem to have got size and set up right [emoji736]

Petershill would benefit from a terrace/cover being built on the far side, and behind the goal near the 3g training pitches. Thought Renfrew a typical new ground,neat and tidy, though I prefer to watch the game from above, rather than ground level, fussy sod. Will try to make some games in the East asap, just got to organise my bus rides better !

12 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

unfortunately alan vandalism is the scourge of many clubs thesedays, but we"ve managed to rebuild not so bad thanks to the community and an extremely hard working committee emoji106.png

Who's Alan Vandalism?

17 hours ago, Sharpal27 said:

Portland Park Troon is well worth a visit. Neat, tidy ground, well maintained pitch and surrounds, and nice people too.

Easily accessible by rail if that helps.

Would be travelling from Edinburgh,  so yeah easily accessible.

8 hours ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Get up to Brig O'Lea, great pies, bit of banter, experience several different weather systems in the opening 30 minutes, the home of the first ever competitive junior match under floodlights.

It’s probably been mentioned before but when did this happen please?

On 01/08/2020 at 01:20, Brig O'Lea said:

Get up to Brig O'Lea, great pies, bit of banter, experience several different weather systems in the opening 30 minutes, the home of the first ever competitive junior match under floodlights.

I was at the Pollok game, now that things have settled down could you have a look for my fingers and toes?

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was at the Pollok game, now that things have settled down could you have a look for my fingers and toes?

Yeah cracking weather, I quite enjoyed the game ! Another excellent non lge ground in Scotland, another cover on the open side would be good. That was the last game I saw, sadly ruined by the death of the old guy outside afterwards. Worth another visit sometime, definitely.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Yeah cracking weather, I quite enjoyed the game ! Another excellent non lge ground in Scotland, another cover on the open side would be good. That was the last game I saw, sadly ruined by the death of the old guy outside afterwards. Worth another visit sometime, definitely.

I was at Shotts v Irvine Vics the following week and it was equatorial in comparison. 

Edited by Sergeant Wilson