Ground suggestions

Normally I stick to eosfl grounds, but next season I'm hoping to groundhop through the west. Would love suggestions of which grounds are a must visit. Never been to any of the west grounds before.

Edited by B75

Beith always a good atmosphere and close to the action, Irvine Meadow the same and Kilbirnie Ladeside always interesting especially if you visit the shed,every Wosfl league game next season will be worth a watch with 7 teams relegated from 20, enjoy your visits

There are many interesting and unique grounds, from the smallest of clubs to the ‘giants’ . The big ones can have fantastic atmosphere, the wee ones can be very welcoming. Hopefully crowds will be allowed back sooner rather than later. I’m not recommending anyone in particular but if you are gonna groundhop next season I’m sure you will enjoy it. PS bring a brolly 😀

11 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Lugar, Ardrossan Winton Rovers and Girvan are 3 of my favourites 

I had planned for Ardrossan to be my first ground last season, but things got in the way. May well be the first once crowds are back.

Largs is a good day out for football, good people there. Always made to feel welcome. 
Cumnock is probably my favourite out of the more southern (east) ayrshire grounds, nice tidy ground, good atmosphere etc. 
Maryhill is without doubt though one of my favourite grounds in any level of football and the things the committee there are doing is just superb. Its also got loads of really strange vantage points. 

Pollok is a good day with plenty of boozers in proximity. Talbot, Meadow, St Rochs, Neilston, Glenafton, Cambuslang, Beith are all excellent too. Maybe look out for the derby fixtures and go to them. 

I'd say that you can't go too far wrong if you avoid the new build types of ground. 

Largs Thistle's Barrfields Park. Nice ground, highlight being the benches in a nice town with the best match program I've come across.

The match programme will be even better this season with more bodies helping oot - I have done it almost on my own and there were times late last year when I was simply too pressed for time and had to just reprint old pieces or print a shortened programme, it was a bit of a nightmare.

I can already see more interest in us now that we’re senior!

All of the West grounds are worth visiting,cracking old terraces and covers along with really friendly people -i can't wait to get back up north. My favourites so far : Largs , Kilsyth and Beith, the best atmosphere was Pollok v Talbot 1-2 att 1256 in 17/18.  
glad u enjoyed your visit to kilsyth andy [emoji16][emoji41][emoji106]

Most of the costal grounds are cracking. Personal favourite is Winton Park, Ardrossan. But I do like Barrsfield, Largs and I enjoyed Meadow Park in Irvine too. If you're looking to stay more inland then Newlandsfield, Pollok is great for atmosphere. Duncansfield is cracking too (pains me to say that [emoji1787]) as it is an old fashioned style ground and very spacious.

There are plenty of great ones here in the west but they are just a few I've had the pleasure of being at

2 hours ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Most of the costal grounds are cracking. Personal favourite is Winton Park, Ardrossan. But I do like Barrsfield, Largs and I enjoyed Meadow Park in Irvine too. If you're looking to stay more inland then Newlandsfield, Pollok is great for atmosphere. Duncansfield is cracking too (pains me to say that emoji1787.png) as it is an old fashioned style ground and very spacious.

There are plenty of great ones here in the west but they are just a few I've had the pleasure of being at

Duncansfield is one  I want to visit but can never quite manage.

when are your lot going to a permanent home btw?

Duncansfield is one  I want to visit but can never quite manage.
when are your lot going to a permanent home btw?
https://www.eastdunbarton.gov.uk/news/good-result-council-and-local-football-club-start-talks-future-match

Without getting over excited, it should be not long now hopefully. That link is the most recent update from both Rob Roy and East Dunbartonshire Council which was given at the start of this month

Most of the costal grounds are cracking. Personal favourite is Winton Park, Ardrossan. But I do like Barrsfield, Largs and I enjoyed Meadow Park in Irvine too. If you're looking to stay more inland then Newlandsfield, Pollok is great for atmosphere. Duncansfield is cracking too (pains me to say that [emoji1787]) as it is an old fashioned style ground and very spacious.

pains me to say it [emoji848][emoji1787][emoji1787]

just for the record, i loved adamslie to,which makes it all the more sad the roy have been out kirky for so long, hopefully it's a decent set up and not one of these soulless community jobs u build

pains me to say it [emoji848][emoji1787][emoji1787]just for the record, i loved adamslie to,which makes it all the more sad the roy have been out kirky for so long, hopefully it's a decent set up and not one of these soulless community jobs u build

I think Duncansfield and Adamslie were in certain aspects, very similar to one another. I don't think you can like one and not the other. I'm hoping the same mate. I do believe that alot of careful planning will be going into it, given the time we've had to plan it and newer grounds are looked at to what is good and what is not so good.

For example so many people don't like Petershill Park as they say it's soulless. Perhaps people are comparing it too much to the old Petershill Park. Personally I quite like Petershill Park.

Renfrew is a newer ground but they seem to have gotten it right. Personally I've never been for a game but I hear so many good things about it