If you’re not a supporter of one of the small number of clubs that have been clear that you’re getting X games at £Y + an unknown number of streams, then I can see absolutely no incentive or selling point that would make you buy a season ticket at this time.
Beyond the blind loyalty or guilt that Viking Ton has mentioned.
I would’ve bought my season ticket on launch day today as usual, but I won’t be paying (at least) £15 to sit in my hoose watching Morton v. Alloa, Arbroath or QotS, while weans run around and now that there’s numerous other activities I can do outside.
Of course it’s not the fault of football clubs that there’s a pandemic and that there are constraints resulting that they need to take account of.
But this whole episode has served to show what appalling value for money we get and that what the clubs are ‘selling’ through their season tickets is less the fixtures, but other things we value - which will differ for each of us.
Frankly, it would be nice to see some recognition of that and some commitment to reviewing what clubs will be offering as part of their admission prices in future. Not to mention some collective investment by the clubs in the sort of digital infrastructure that will enable remote viewing to be offered at the sort of price - and with the variety of matches that’s desired - so that it is attractive.

There’s a decent chance that, when fans are allowed back in the stadium, there will still be fairly strict social distancing and for Dundee it’s hard to know at the moment whether our total capacity would even allow our usual number of season ticket holders in. We are therefore being told that priority will be given to the order in which season tickets were bought (although no idea how they’re planning to put that in place).

Hearts will be similar but I’d imagine their % capacity may be higher than ours due to having 4 very new stands compared to our 2.

Not sure how Arbroath will work out a capacity for terracing...only an issue for a few games but still.

There’s a decent chance that, when fans are allowed back in the stadium, there will still be fairly strict social distancing and for Dundee it’s hard to know at the moment whether our total capacity would even allow our usual number of season ticket holders in. We are therefore being told that priority will be given to the order in which season tickets were bought (although no idea how they’re planning to put that in place).

Hearts will be similar but I’d imagine their % capacity may be higher than ours due to having 4 very new stands compared to our 2.

Season ticket sales just went past 9,000 so we’re looking at around 50% of capacity by showtime. If the Social distancing being imposed is more than a token effort then we’ll have problems

Season ticket sales just went past 9,000 so we’re looking at around 50% of capacity by showtime. If the Social distancing being imposed is more than a token effort then we’ll have problems

Exactly. Reckon capacity is much more likely to be 25% than 50% and maybe even lower at some grounds. Think we are at about 2000 sold which would put us at about 17%, with our more usual 3500 being 30%.

Exactly. Reckon capacity is much more likely to be 25% than 50% and maybe even lower at some grounds. Think we are at about 2000 sold which would put us at about 17%, with our more usual 3500 being 30%.

In that situation they could let the people with odd numbered season tickets in one week and even numbered ones the next

Or start with people who live nearest the ground and work outwards to minimise the impact on public transport

24 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

A surge in posts there.

Perhaps everyone is getting amped up for the season with current signings?

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

In that situation they could let the people with odd numbered season tickets in one week and even numbered ones the next

Or start with people who live nearest the ground and work outwards to minimise the impact on public transport

On an honest note, I would suspect the team would hold a lottery to draw which games which tickets could attend. There really isn’t any better way to do it, and really only Hearts have the b*****d of a situation of multiple levels of subscription to deal with in that case. A coupe of teams have mildly differing accommodations, but nothing that the fans would riot over.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Perhaps everyone is getting amped up for the season with current signings?

Aye. BUY A MORTON SEASON TICKET!

^^^  a shameless plug. 

Think any more puns on this topic will be fuse and far between.......   anyway, that's probably enough Faraday or two.  Haven’t you got an Ohm to go to?

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

On 03/08/2020 at 14:32, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I reckon most of our fans are happy to pay the ST money to the club, knowing that we are going to see a limited (if any) number of games in return.

I reckon most of our fans are happy to pay the ST money to the club, knowing that we are going to see a limited (if any) number of games in return.

If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-guarantee-pledge

If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-guarantee-pledge
There's no if to the 18 games, unless cup games are being included to have a chance of reaching it.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

I thought Budge wasn’t keen on clubs changing their mind?

Aside from the possibilities of reconstruction or nulling and voiding discussed at length elsewhere

The number of games in the Championship season wasn't certain either on July 10th and in fact it still isn't.

Things could get worse and we may end up with less than 13 home games  which means we'd be carrying more than 5 forward into the next season.

Of course if we somehow finish the season in 4th and go up via the playoffs then we'd have 16 home games 

52 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Aside from the possibilities of reconstruction or nulling and voiding discussed at length elsewhere

The number of games in the Championship season wasn't certain either on July 10th and in fact it still isn't.

Things could get worse and we may end up with less than 13 home games  which means we'd be carrying more than 5 forward into the next season.

Of course if we somehow finish the season in 4th and go up via the playoffs then we'd have 16 home games 

It was certain not to be any more than 14 though.

Season tickets are not valid for the playoffs by SPFL rule following the shenanigans with Rangers and Hibs when you were last down here. Playoffs or not, you won't be using your season tickets in those (or you could I suppose but Hearts would have to account for half of the price of the seat to the SPFL in cash for it).

This came up last season as well.

I think it is the club's choice if they offer playoff games on their season ticket or not.  They obviously have to then pay any difference from the gate out of their own fund, but Arbroath offered it last season and again included it this season.

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It was certain not to be any more than 14 though.

Season tickets are not valid for the playoffs by SPFL rule following the shenanigans with Rangers and Hibs when you were last down here. Playoffs or not, you won't be using your season tickets in those (or you could I suppose but Hearts would have to account for half of the price of the seat to the SPFL in cash for it).