On 26/07/2020 at 17:09, RandomGuy. said:

I've been convinced this is a clear breach of rules for a while now but I'd assume somebody would've done something by now if it was.

They don't even disguise the fact its a scam as they still allow home fans to sit in the lower tier of the same stand. An incredible coincidence its only ever the cheap away seats that are "closed for maintenance" every second week.

If the cheap seats were closed for maintenance that's not the fault of the away fans, the next tier up should be offered at cheap seat prices. Otherwise I think it is or should be against the rules of charging away fans more than home fans.

38 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If the cheap seats were closed for maintenance that's not the fault of the away fans, the next tier up should be offered at cheap seat prices. Otherwise I think it is or should be against the rules of charging away fans more than home fans.

Hearts have been at it for years without punishment, so you'll see for yourselves this year how scandalous it is.

The weird thing is Hearts used to be great as an away day as they offered decent priced tickets. IIRC as a student I only had to pay £10 to get in back in the mid naughties. The last few years though they have been a shambles. Last time we went to Tynecastle it was something like £26. I know you don't have to pay it but it doesn't change the fact that their pricing has been ridiculous for a good while now.

47 minutes ago, GiGi said:

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts have been at it for years without punishment, so you'll see for yourselves this year how scandalous it is.

It's against the rules to charge away fans more than home fans FOR BROADLY SIMILAR accommodation. Which of course leaves it open to interpretation what constitutes broadly similar accommodation. I've seen claims before that provision of extra food kiosks, or a bookies in the concourse constitutes a lift in accommodation standard. Clearly Hearts have all sorts of definitions of what constitutes a better seat than another considering their season ticket bands. The actual rule is as follows:

Except as provided in Rule I32, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match or a Play-Off Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly comparable accommodation designated for use by supporters of the Home Club at the same match.
I32 The prohibition in Rule I31 does not apply to any:-
I32.1 element of discount in the admission price per League Match integral in the price of a Season ticket for all of the home League Matches of the relevant Club for the complete Season in which the relevant League Match falls;
I32.2 concessionary admission prices for the relevant League Match or Play-Off Match charged exclusively to persons who are senior citizens, children and/or disabled and who qualify as such; and
I32.3 concessionary admission prices for the relevant League Match or Play-Off Match charged to individuals comprised in groups of two or more persons, at least one of whom must be less than sixteen years of age, for admission together to a bona fide family enclosure exclusively used and designated as such for the complete Season in which the relevant League Match falls or the whole of the relevant Season immediately prior to which the Play-Off Match is held.

So basically, as long as adult home fans paying a walk up price on the same day for the same or equivalent area of the ground are charged the same price they can do what they want. They can offer concessions to home fans not available to away fans and they don't have to have lower standard seating available to away fans just because home fans have it. It's unclear whether they would under that rule be allowed to charge the away fans for a "Gold" standard seat if the equivalent seating was not actually open for home fans to buy on the same day but I presume it is open for home fans?

Fundamentally, Hearts tactics are of dubious morality but don't appear to break any rule.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fundamentally, Hearts tactics are of dubious morality but don't appear to break any rule.

That sounds a bit like the Dundee vote to end the season. Hearts certainly gurned about that. Hypocrites I tell you! 😆

On 28/07/2020 at 09:29, Skyline Drifter said:

'all we can only say is how disappointed and surprised we are'

I've been convinced this is a clear breach of rules for a while now but I'd assume somebody would've done something by now if it was.

They don't even disguise the fact its a scam as they still allow home fans to sit in the lower tier of the same stand. An incredible coincidence its only ever the cheap away seats that are "closed for maintenance" every second week.

Where does this “closed for maintenance” tripe come from

ETA I meant to type “trope” but autocorrect made it sound slightly more confrontational than it was meant to

So basically, as long as adult home fans paying a walk up price on the same day for the same or equivalent area of the ground are charged the same price they can do what they want. They can offer concessions to home fans not available to away fans and they don't have to have lower standard seating available to away fans just because home fans have it. It's unclear whether they would under that rule be allowed to charge the away fans for a "Gold" standard seat if the equivalent seating was not actually open for home fans to buy on the same day but I presume it is open for home fans?

To clarify

We’re talking about the first 9 rows in a stands behind the goals being cheaper than the ones further back. So it’s about 30% of the seating

And in practice when big clubs are in town they don’t get the bottom corners because they’re naughty

This was the game against Aberdeen

IMG_0444.thumb.jpg.c7ead2ccfb8ee1f4029a2bcce1be3e25.jpg

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Where does this “closed for maintenance” tripe come from

ETA I meant to type “trope” but autocorrect made it sound slightly more confrontational than it was meant to

I'm sure the last 4 or so times we've gone to Tynecastle its been advertised we could buy only buy upper tier tickets as the cheaper lower tier is "closed for maintenance".

“Cheap” is a relative term, mate.  It’ll only be “cheap’ in comparison to your own club’s prices for elsewhere in the ground.

Looking at what your “bronze” season ticket is costing your home support it’s fair to assume the equivalent  match price for away fans will be either the, or one of the, most expensive  away support charges in this division, for what has been called on here a “restricted view”. If what has been said about  those, ahem, “cheap’ seats being unavailable turns out to be true then it’s pretty certain that Hearts will be charging the away supports the highest prices in the division. 

Despite all the crap your lot talk about boycotts we all know that you will bring some degree of travelling support to every away game once fans are allowed.  If your lot are playing at silly buggers with your pricing then hopefully every other club in the league will find a way to do the same to you.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

Surely the definition of “broadly comparable” accommodation would allow Morton to charge Hearts fans more into Cappielow than our home fans in the Cowshed and Sinclair Street ends considering they’ll be lucky enough to get a seat (well, bench) to perch themselves on in a howling gale and pissing rain in December, rather than standing.

Just close off the seating area at the front of the Cowshed that day and then there surely can’t be any complaints about equivalent accommodation. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, £25 sounds fair for the Wee Dublin End.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

Just close off the seating area at the front of the Cowshed that day and then there surely can’t be any complaints about equivalent accommodation. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, £25 sounds fair for the Wee Dublin End.

“Close off” = “under maintenance “.     Job’s a good ‘un. 👍

“Cheap” is a relative term, mate.  It’ll only be “cheap’ in comparison to your own club’s prices for elsewhere in the ground.
Looking at what your “bronze” season ticket is costing your home support it’s fair to assume the equivalent  match price for away fans will be either the, or one of the, most expensive  away support charges in this division, for what has been called on here a “restricted view”. If what has been said about  those, ahem, “cheap’ seats being unavailable turns out to be true then it’s pretty certain that Hearts will be charging the away supports the highest prices in the division. 
Despite all the crap your lot talk about boycotts we all know that you will bring some degree of travelling support to every away game once fans are allowed.  If your lot are playing at silly buggers with your pricing then hopefully every other club in the league will find a way to do the same to you.

Under normal circumstances the prices at Tynie are higher (home and away) for “category A” games against Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and (since they came good again) Aberdeen.

Morton may do something similar to capitalise on high profile opposition.

56 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

It’s the Scottish Championship, mate. There isn’t any.

Aye, pretty much this. We’ve played bigger clubs than Hearts, such as Rangers and Hibs in league games in recent years and never increased prices- by virtue of being in the Championship you’re not good enough to be considered a bigger draw than any of the other teams in the division. It’s hardly like comparing the demand for a fixture against Barcelona with one against Alaves.

That said, I’m fully in favour of Morton, or anyone else doing it just to be dicks if that’s common practice for Hearts. I suggested in 2011 that we do it for our game against Dunfermline that resulted in them winning the title, much to the disdain of some of their fans at the time. I’d have thought our fans that didn’t have season tickets would’ve understood the opportunity to capitalise on a captive audience, but unfortunately Morton aren’t as opportunistic As others to situations like that.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Aye, pretty much this. We’ve played bigger clubs than Hearts, such as Rangers and Hibs in league games in recent years and never increased prices- by virtue of being in the Championship you’re not good enough to be considered a bigger draw than any of the other teams in the division. It’s hardly like comparing the demand for a fixture against Barcelona with one against Alaves.

That said, I’m fully in favour of Morton, or anyone else doing it just to be dicks if that’s common practice for Hearts. I suggested in 2011 that we do it for our game against Dunfermline that resulted in them winning the title, much to the disdain of some of their fans at the time. I’d have thought our fans that didn’t have season tickets would’ve understood the opportunity to capitalise on a captive audience, but unfortunately Morton aren’t as opportunistic As others to situations like that.

Given that Morton are selling tickets for next to nothing and still don't draw many people even at those prices I too am fully in favour of them doing what they need to get through these difficult times.

I doubt I'll be going anyway but if I'm looking at a 140 mile round trip across the country in early December then I doubt that the difference of a few pounds in the ticket price would be the deciding factor

46 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that Morton are selling tickets for next to nothing and still don't draw many people even at those prices I too am fully in favour of them doing what they need to get through these difficult times.

I doubt I'll be going anyway but if I'm looking at a 140 mile round trip across the country in early December then I doubt that the difference of a few pounds in the ticket price would be the deciding factor

Every penny’s a prisoner for us poor paupers from outwith the capital, especially with the maroon pound being withheld in protest of us doing what was right for Scottish football.

The circumstances surrounding the third last game of the season at Cappielow could of course result in a significant travelling support though, provided the toys have been put back in the pram by then.