One kit only..

Nobody going for this one!?
IMG_6481.jpg

It’s got spray paint and everything!

And this one has a special place for me too
IMG_3504.jpg

I guess we’ll all pick strips from when we were in our teens and/or the club were successful.

Those two strips combine both for me.

And as someone said above- we should always have white shorts and socks.

13 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I honestly don't understand the adulation for that strip on the right. 

For me it'd be the 99 home top, I know it's not the prettiest but it was the top from my first season and it just speaks to me. 

received_228627688240101.thumb.jpeg.9955f7d24ae0377c59e8928264c4096e.jpeg

The next one would the best looking pars top. 

47495889_2068175110071626_2928877205758935040_n.thumb.jpg.97770f49258ad802a264606dd88c439b.jpg

download (3).jpeg

Stevie_Crawford,_DAFC_V_Clydebank,_15_04_2000_2244 (1).jpg

Coincidentally I found a picture of myself yesterday wearing that 1999 strip, tastefully paired with a Pars tartan kilt. Quite striking but the ones that grab me are the ones with less red. That League One winning effort had hints of classic Juve strips about it and we had a decent team - probably a bit of overkill that season in terms of how we coasted it in the end. Liked the black shirt first time round. Quite menacing.

My favourite Pars kit isn’t a strip though, but the early 90’s shell suit:

23265887-8507-42DC-81CF-3E6D8BFBAA76.jpeg

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Coincidentally I found a picture of myself yesterday wearing that 1999 strip, tastefully paired with a Pars tartan kilt. Quite striking but the ones that grab me are the ones with less red. That League One winning effort had hints of classic Juve strips about it and we had a decent team - probably a bit of overkill that season in terms of how we coasted it in the end. Liked the black shirt first time round. Quite menacing.

My favourite Pars kit isn’t a strip though, but the early 90’s shell suit:

23265887-8507-42DC-81CF-3E6D8BFBAA76.jpeg

The serial killers choice.

E0042AE9-48F5-47B2-9012-9F42A6B878EA.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Well I’d get in the van if the driver was wearing that. 

Out of interest, why was a Glaswegian serial killer wearing a ‘90s Pars shell suit top? Was he actually a Pars fan or was that lying around in the lost and found at the jail?

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Out of interest, why was a Glaswegian serial killer wearing a ‘90s Pars shell suit top? Was he actually a Pars fan or was that lying around in the lost and found at the jail?

I think @Zen Archer Esq. claimed it was just lying about the jail. He probably loaned it to him.

My old boss shared a college dorm with another infamous killer. He would sometimes cut his roommates at night with a Stanley knife.

23 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I honestly don't understand the adulation for that strip on the right. 

For me it'd be the 99 home top, I know it's not the prettiest but it was the top from my first season and it just speaks to me. 

received_228627688240101.thumb.jpeg.9955f7d24ae0377c59e8928264c4096e.jpeg

The next one would the best looking pars top. 

Ross Tokely doesn't seem to like it.

I was at that game. Opening day of the 99-00 season and our first game in the First Division. We got bodied 4-0. A young Andrew Allan was playing and got a straight red for a pretty bad tackle lf I recall.

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was at that game. Opening day of the 99-00 season and our first game in the First Division. We got bodied 4-0. A young Andrew Allan was playing and got a straight red for a pretty bad tackle lf I recall.

I too was at that game. Good stuff. Petrie scored the 4th.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I too was at that game. Good stuff. Petrie scored the 4th.

It was a reality check for us for sure. We knew 2nd to 1st would be tough but at the turn of the century, and indeed the millennium, we were able to secure our safety easily. Think we finished 6th in 2000.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It was a reality check for us for sure. We knew 2nd to 1st would be tough but at the turn of the century, and indeed the millennium, we were able to secure our safety easily. Think we finished 6th in 2000.

The second game at East End was not a classic. Very late winner for us (Tod header if I recall).

I’ve never understood the forum’s fascination with kits. Is it a fashion thing or tribal?
As long as a Pars home shirt has black and white so I know which team is which then I’m content.

You’re starting to sound like DA Baracus IMG_3558.jpg